Grenade Indicator Radius?

Now i don’t have anything against having a grenade indicator, I think it is a good addition, but there is only 1 thing I would like 343i to do with it. I think the indicator should only show up if you are in the killing radius. If it shows up way farther away, I believe that it would completely nerf grenades unless you manage to stick your opponent or plant a grenade right under their feet, which, in Halo, is very hard considering how slow grenades are thrown and how fast spartans move.

It didn’t seem like it would tell you when grenades are on the other side of the map, it appears that it’ll only show up if the grenade(s) is right beside of you.

as for it nerfing the grenades I think a sticky to the face will solve that problem.

I agree, if you’re not in the area where it’ll damage you a lot, it shouldn’t show up. If it does, then grenades won’t be as useful as people will be keeping an eye on the grenade indicator and avoiding a lot more grenades than usual. It used to be a surprise but now you’ll know if a grenade is near you.

I don’t have anything against it, it just seems to make grenades a tad less useful.

> I agree, if you’re not in the area where it’ll damage you a lot, it shouldn’t show up. If it does, then grenades won’t be as useful as people will be keeping an eye on the grenade indicator and avoiding a lot more grenades than usual. It used to be a surprise but now you’ll know if a grenade is near you.
>
> I don’t have anything against it, it just seems to make grenades a tad less useful.

to be honest I always thought halo was a grenade fest, at least 3 and reach were anyways. you can tell they’re trying to make halo 4 a little more about your gun than your grenades.

> It didn’t seem like it would tell you when grenades are on the other side of the map, it appears that it’ll only show up if the grenade(s) is right beside of you.
>
> as for it nerfing the grenades I think a sticky to the face will solve that problem.

If the grenade indicator tells if you where it is when you are only in the damage radius, it gives you a chance to escape without any damage, possibly nerfing grenades. If it is in the kill radius, you can still escape death but atleast you will get damaged. That is really my only problem with it. I don’t to be planting really good nades, and a new player is basically dodging all of them just because of the indicator.

> > It didn’t seem like it would tell you when grenades are on the other side of the map, it appears that it’ll only show up if the grenade(s) is right beside of you.
> >
> > as for it nerfing the grenades I think a sticky to the face will solve that problem.
>
> If the grenade indicator tells if you where it is when you are only in the damage radius, it gives you a chance to escape without any damage, possibly nerfing grenades. If it is in the kill radius, you can still escape death but atleast you will get damaged. That is really my only problem with it. I don’t to be planting really good nades, and a new player is basically dodging all of them just because of the indicator.

I highly doubt it’ll be that big of a deal in-game, even though it’ll give you some sort of idea where to move to it won’t mean you’ll just be dodging grenades left and right. besides even if grenades aren’t as powerful in halo 4 you’ll always have your DMR to back up on.

> > > It didn’t seem like it would tell you when grenades are on the other side of the map, it appears that it’ll only show up if the grenade(s) is right beside of you.
> > >
> > > as for it nerfing the grenades I think a sticky to the face will solve that problem.
> >
> > If the grenade indicator tells if you where it is when you are only in the damage radius, it gives you a chance to escape without any damage, possibly nerfing grenades. If it is in the kill radius, you can still escape death but atleast you will get damaged. That is really my only problem with it. I don’t to be planting really good nades, and a new player is basically dodging all of them just because of the indicator.
>
> I highly doubt it’ll be that big of a deal in-game, even though it’ll give you some sort of idea where to move to it won’t mean you’ll just be dodging grenades left and right. besides even if grenades aren’t as powerful in halo 4 you’ll always have your DMR to back up on.

Makes sense, but grenades have always been important in Halo, as part of the combat triangle(now combat square in Halo 4), and if they severly nerf them because of the indicator, that would affect it negatively. Now I’m not saying I want them to be mini nukes like in Halo Reach, but I want them atleast stronger than Halo 3, since everyone now has sprint default and are able to run away quicker. So if the indicator is damage radius, it becomes way too easily avoidable.

> > I highly doubt it’ll be that big of a deal in-game, even though it’ll give you some sort of idea where to move to it won’t mean you’ll just be dodging grenades left and right. besides even if grenades aren’t as powerful in halo 4 you’ll always have your DMR to back up on.
>
> Makes sense, but grenades have always been important in Halo, as part of the combat triangle(now combat square in Halo 4), and if they severly nerf them because of the indicator, that would affect it negatively. Now I’m not saying I want them to be mini nukes like in Halo Reach, but I want them atleast stronger than Halo 3, since everyone now has sprint default and are able to run away quicker. So if the indicator is damage radius, it becomes way too easily avoidable.

thats a good point, I could it would become harder to hit people with grenades since everyone now has sprint. like I said before halo has always been a grenade spam fest, reach may have been worse but halo 3 still had it. I had multiple games of reach were for minutes on end both teams would just sit in one spot (the safest) and just toss grenades like they’re hot potatoes or something. I personally would rather the grenades be underpowered than the way they were in the previous halo’s. even still I wouldn’t worry about it, if you look at the MLG gameplay you’ll see plenty of grenade kills which should tell you the grenade indicator isn’t all that bad.

Im fine with the way it works and looks AT THIS POINT ask me after I play the game .

Sounds good, that way the indicator is more of a “you’re boned” warning

I don’t want a grenade indicator to begin with. :confused: If you’re not perceptive enough to know where a primed 'nade has landed, then you deserve everything you get.

However, I guess if we’re stuck with them (hurr), then I suppose a decent compromise is only warning you where one is if it’ll kill you outright. That said, you could take damage between the time it moves towards you and explodes.