Greenskull's Open letter to 343i

Video Link

I fully agree with everything he said 100%
For it’s what I’ve been saying forever!

I just want flood/infection and party mix :’(

100% agreed we need king of the hill , oddball/skull , Bomb , Juganaut game types and for the life of me i cant under stand that they wasn’t in the game form the start , and we need the option to have Random weapons in Custom games as well , cant understand its not a option

that was said perfectly. Exactly how I feel and I’ve been with Halo since CE back in '01. I want this community to be strong again like in h2 and h3 but Idk why 343 or whoever is calling the shots won’t cater to the community like it was back it the good day

Cant argue with any of that. If Halo5 dies then 343i only have themselves to blame.

Watched this today as well and also totally agree. I’d really like to know who’s making the decisions to hold this stuff back as all the items he mentioned seemed like they should be a given with any Halo.

I’ve been preaching this stuff for months and it got me banned on /r/halo .

343 shunned so many communities at launch. BTB, Snipers, Doubles, Objective, Grifball, Infection, Campaign Scorers/Speedrunners,etc. 4 months later, they are still shunned. Their entire ideology on minimal playlists is a FAILURE.

This is stuff shouldn’t be hard. I am glad some prominent community members are speaking out about it. This stuff is not OK. We deserve better.

Since he has a pretty decent following, maybe this will get 343 to take some notice. All we can do is hope that the February update isn’t too late. Otherwise H5 will be the game people play to change up from CoD.

Yea me too! Halo 5 is such as an amazing game and I haven’t had this much fun with Halo in a long time. But…it needs to fix the one problem that I have complained about since day 1, we need more game types.

What is a green skull and who cares what it thinks about the game?

I have a feeling that the February update is going to bring us some more game types. Its pretty obvious to me that 343i sank a lot of development time into polishing halo 5 core gameplay mechanics and with the addition of warzone and the whole req system I think it took up most of their development time. On the plus side we have a very solid game when it comes to arena mode and its weapon balance.

> 2535429089645794;10:
> What is a green skull and who cares what it thinks about the game?

He runs one of the biggest Halo YouTube channel

I applauded him. Halo’s games modes and maps are what keep the community strong. We now have plenty of maps, but no modes. I stopped playing arena completely. I am now a Warzone only guy, but it is getting old now. They also need to add more social playlists. I’m not talking about this crap rocket or sniper playlist. I want slayer social.

> 2533274876457142;12:
> > 2535429089645794;10:
> > What is a green skull and who cares what it thinks about the game?
>
>
> He runs one of the biggest Halo YouTube channel

Agreed, he is very popular; and a voice in way.

Except its more like build it and you might retain whatever you have left…

Who is going to stick around waiting an indeterminate amount of time for whatever their preferred experience is? How many people do you think will actually come back after having left for an extended period of time? The people really passionate might, but they only make up a small portion compared the masses that had nothing to latch onto at launch. Its a drop in the bucket where the bucket is filled with holes.

The whole “sustain” plan sounded nice in theory, but it only helps if there is a solid base to build upon. The content released and set to release isn’t “sustain” its “catch-up”. They are still many months away from reaching a level of content that even comes close to a launch Halo game.

Worse yet is the anemic level of content is compounded by the fact that the game is split between two different experiences(3 if you count breakout). Part of the reason past games were so successful at building a community is that every community was tied together by a single core experience. New content meant something that could be experienced by everyone. A new map meant new content for everyone. This is not a new case with Halo 5. The one new, non-remix map released so far with Halo 5 is exclusive to Warzone. Even if you like both Warzone and Arena, it doesn’t change the fact that the map can’t be experienced in any other way other than Warzone, no customs, no minigames, nothing but default MM Warzone. 343 shot themselves in the foot trying to please both OG Arena fans and fans of Halo 4 style reward-based gameplay. I would have respected them a lot more had they just stuck to one or the other, but I digress.

Things must be bad if even Greenskull is starting to complain.

This is a Post I can get behind. It doesn’t whine, it doesn’t scream immaturity. It is a well put together video. This needs to remain on the front page. Please keep this on Page one people.

the best we know is that by late February we might have a couple more game modes…that’s super weak and not going to cut it

the game is dying just like H4

> 2533274907732220;17:
> the best we know is that by late February we might have a couple more game modes…that’s super weak and not going to cut it
>
> the game is dying just like H4

Well keep this thread alive and maybe as a community we can address this and gather attention to it?

Why did this opinion just now come out? It’s not as though the lacking gametypes were a secret, and “why the hell wasn’t this done before launch?” is a sentiment that’s been kicked around for months now. The cynic in me says that he’s only just talking about this problem now because the community’s unrest about lacking gametypes has started ramping up recently, but surely he’s not just pandering to whatever’s popular at the moment to get views on his videos, right? Right?

Greenskull is spot-on in that video.