Green Screen of Death

The topic of question is The Green screen of Death. It’s not the orange light of death for Xbox one or the Red eye of Death that the 360 has but the Green Screen of Death.
I had it and had to take extreme measures to fix it. Erasing all my data and returning the system back to factory defaults sucked to say the least. What I wanna know is why do these things exist. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of technology. Flawless gaming at it best. It’s not if these problems still exist. The original Xbox had none of these issues that the 360 or Xbox one had. I wonder why? Hmmm, maybe because the original Xbox was a well built machine that took a while to make and not produced at great speeds to get it on the market before the holidays like the more recent two. I would rather miss the holiday rush and have a flawless product than have a product that needs constant updates and restarts. Heck, I’d be willing to pay more for a product that wouldn’t break than I would for these things. Yes I’m venting. But, I wouldn’t have to if the product that I currently have wouldn’t had to be reset. Now I got my Xbox one running again but Halo 5 won’t sync with the cloud which causes me to get booted every now and then. that’s another topic all together. So what do you gamers think? Should the Green Screen of Death been researched and fixed before the product was shipped out?

when i clicked on this thread i thought it was going to be about the green screen from halo 4 forge and chasing people around with and smacking them off the map. well i guess i remain the only idiot out there that likes to do this

The more advanced these systems get, and the more they do the more problems they will have. OG Xbox could not do nearly as much as this one, plus I spent a crap ton of time blowing on NES or SNES cartridges and trying to get gamecube and Saturn games to work, so those old systems were by no means flawless.

> 2533274935099360;3:
> The more advanced these systems get, and the more they do the more problems they will have. OG Xbox could not do nearly as much as this one, plus I spent a crap ton of time blowing on NES or SNES cartridges and trying to get gamecube and Saturn games to work, so those old systems were by no means flawless.

:joy::joy: I remember doing that too!! Damn you Zelda!

> 2533274827767375;4:
> > 2533274935099360;3:
> > The more advanced these systems get, and the more they do the more problems they will have. OG Xbox could not do nearly as much as this one, plus I spent a crap ton of time blowing on NES or SNES cartridges and trying to get gamecube and Saturn games to work, so those old systems were by no means flawless.
>
>
> :joy::joy: I remember doing that too!! Damn you Zelda!

How the heck did you bypass the filter?

> 2533274889282194;5:
> > 2533274827767375;4:
> > > 2533274935099360;3:
> > > The more advanced these systems get, and the more they do the more problems they will have. OG Xbox could not do nearly as much as this one, plus I spent a crap ton of time blowing on NES or SNES cartridges and trying to get gamecube and Saturn games to work, so those old systems were by no means flawless.
> >
> >
> > :joy::joy: I remember doing that too!! Damn you Zelda!
>
>
> How the heck did you bypass the filter?

I don’t think it minds “damn”.

> 2533274827767375;6:
> > 2533274889282194;5:
> > > 2533274827767375;4:
> > > > 2533274935099360;3:
> > > > The more advanced these systems get, and the more they do the more problems they will have. OG Xbox could not do nearly as much as this one, plus I spent a crap ton of time blowing on NES or SNES cartridges and trying to get gamecube and Saturn games to work, so those old systems were by no means flawless.
> > >
> > >
> > > :joy::joy: I remember doing that too!! Damn you Zelda!
> >
> >
> > How the heck did you bypass the filter?
>
>
> I don’t think it minds “damn”.

Damn Daniel

Back in the day when NT came on at least 15 31/2 discs, the “Dreaded Blue Screen of Death” was talked about more than any other error condition. It was a mean, rotten gltch that usually required a full re-install, which itself took most of the day. Believe me, this is nothing!

> 2533274867220166;7:
> > 2533274827767375;6:
> > > 2533274889282194;5:
> > > > 2533274827767375;4:
> > > > > 2533274935099360;3:
> > > > > The more advanced these systems get, and the more they do the more problems they will have. OG Xbox could not do nearly as much as this one, plus I spent a crap ton of time blowing on NES or SNES cartridges and trying to get gamecube and Saturn games to work, so those old systems were by no means flawless.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > :joy::joy: I remember doing that too!! Damn you Zelda!
> > >
> > >
> > > How the heck did you bypass the filter?
> >
> >
> > I don’t think it minds “damn”.
>
>
> Damn Daniel

You mean “Damm Son”

> 2533274935099360;3:
> The more advanced these systems get, and the more they do the more problems they will have. OG Xbox could not do nearly as much as this one, plus I spent a crap ton of time blowing on NES or SNES cartridges and trying to get gamecube and Saturn games to work, so those old systems were by no means flawless.

Blowing into cartridges. Lmao. Well there’s one for Memory Lane. From the NES to the N64. I have to say the only 2 consoles I have ever owned that were imo the most reliable for me were my OG Xbox and PS1.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I tripped over a controller cable and my PS1 launched itself off the side. Never had that issue with OG Xbox as the thing was built like a dump truck… with disconnecting controller cables. Oh yeah. Those were the days.

Hey Guys,
how’s it going? A few hours ago I turned on my 10 month old special Halo edition x-box to get stuck into some more on-line Halo battles…Much to my chagrin!, the start screen animation would not go away. I went on-line and looked into it, and found out that my x-box one is displaying the cursed GSOD!! Wonderful!!
I have quite a bit of experience with computers and x-boxs so I quickly discovered several ‘fixes.’ One involves resetting the system back to ‘factory defaults’ and LOSING a lot of your stuff!!
The other fix involves downloading files onto a usb stick, and letting your x-box reboot with the files on the usb, and I guess that SHOULD fix it??
So, my question is, has anyone here tried the usb file down load fix? I would really HATE to lose my data, and have to TRY and go back and reintegrate
the data once again!! Then again, I’m reluctant to waste time on a technique that may not work. Over the past 20-25 years I’ve had a number of ‘hard’ computer crashes, disc/os error, and unless you had data BACK UP, well you were toast!! Had to start ALL OVER again! Not fun!, especially when the computer was a work computer with Cad files…
Kinda peeved that my x-box choked after ONLY 10 months!! Could part of the reason have to do with the recent Halo 5 update? Hmmm…
Anyway, thoughts, opinions, suggestions are welcome.
Thank you for your attention.
MetMordor65

P.S.
Well I did get my xbox one to kick back in, using the USB method, yes that does work, BUT at a price!! Every trace of my Halo games was GONE!!! So I guess that I can down load them all again, but all the effort that I put into them! GONE!!! Plus that is a LONG down load time!!! Gee I wish I could sue whoever made the xbox one obsolescent so quickly! The system didn’t even last one year before this crash!! Pretty ticked!!
Just FYI guys, the usb method does work, but like the factory restore method you lose a LOT of data!!
I’ll return to Halo on-line, I HOPE, and soon…Cheers!

Xbox one version of the ring of death?

Sorry guys , I know this sucks and i empathize with all affected. However , we are far from the pinnacle of technology and crashes or bad connections (solder connections) are going to happen. Also with as many updates as xbox one gets , and code piled on top of code , the occasional hiccup is bound to happen.

Generally for issues related to Xbox One failures and software problems, you’re best going to Xbox Live Support for help