Greatest Hits Pack: Win and Fail

So for Halo 5’s one-year anniversary 343 decided to treat its community with a free set of 5 good looking ultra rare perms and the option to buy more as the “Greatest Hits” pack. This, in my opinion, is both a great idea and a terrible failure for 343 Industries. Allow me to explain.
It is a “win” because it is EXACTLY what people want: good looking armor with none of the hassle. Now as some may know, these are the “Best of the best” looking armors being given in the REQ pack. Armors that actually looking befitting of a super soldier (unlike several other armors). These armors, both old and new, appeal to a Spartan’s sense of fashion without losing their utilitarian form. I expect to see some glorious new outfits the next time I jump onto Halo 5. I would actually be tempted to spend real money to get these magnificent armors.
The fail, however, is a rather steep one. Its mainly a fail on 343’s marketing division. As good as these armors are, they are NOT by any means worth $10 for 5 pieces. It might entice a new player to get some good armor early on, but its far too late in the game to think that a new buyer bracket is a good target. The math is simple: $10 in gold packs gives ~7 pieces of armor, all of which are guaranteed to be ultra rare or better if the buyer has played it smart. As for the RP, one could buy 10 gold REQs for the cost of 1 Greatest Hits pack. Even with the enticement of “premium armor”, its still not going to sell to anyone capable of 3rd grade math. If I was going to market this pack (sorry for the self insert) I would price it at $2.99 or 70,000rp and sell it as a “get it while it lasts” kind of deal. People would practically throw cash at the screen for a deal like that. Hundreds of people would jump at the chance to get their favorite armors for such a good “betting” cost.

Put simply: Don’t have such a great product just to scare off all your customers with the price tag.

I will agree with you with the req pack costs. I think they should cost at least 3$ at least. What a gold pack cost is.

Fail:
1 gives noobs high rarity gear.
2 no new reqs for experienced players.

Why does every one always harp on the price? is 343 sending some goons over to your house and making you buy them? am I the only one who can earn req points and get packs with them? they gave everyone one free pack with five “most popular” cosmetics… It’s 100% OPTIONAL to get another one whether with money or REQ POINTS. yes mathematically this pack is more expensive than if you got either of the other packs instead of this one. but this one is guaranteed, what ultra rare if I remember correctly, or higher cosmetic reqs. that is why they cost more. value is in the eye of the beholder. your opinion is it’s a fail due to the cost, well others may say it’s worth it(not me but some may). I guess some don’t realize just because it’s for sale doesn’t mean you buy it.

Fail for players who already have It all.

> 2533274983213185;3:
> 1 gives noobs high rarity gear.

Actually, I think that’s one of the best parts

> 2533274904158628;6:
> > 2533274983213185;3:
> > 1 gives noobs high rarity gear.
>
>
> Actually, I think that’s one of the best parts

It’s kinda the point of the pack

> 2535407074931494;5:
> Fail for players who already have It all.

Not really… I have everything unlocked and I welcome the legendary xp boost to help me with the xp points grind.

It still baffles me that these packs are still a normal thing in the gaming industry. 5 armour pieces does not justify a $10 price tag. Where 343i is taking their game as of late isn’t healthy.

> 2533274982966385;9:
> It still baffles me that these packs are still a normal thing in the gaming industry. 5 armour pieces does not justify a $10 price tag. Where 343i is taking their game as of late isn’t healthy.

Yet another person who doesn’t recognize that every one got a free one and if you choose to get another you can use points or money… smh I guess companies aren’t allowed to offer anything for sale without being criticized. how dare these are companies offer something for sale to make money and stay in business so they can continue on… and offer something that doesn’t even have to be bought with money if they don’t want to…

> 2533274816788253;10:
> > 2533274982966385;9:
> > It still baffles me that these packs are still a normal thing in the gaming industry. 5 armour pieces does not justify a $10 price tag. Where 343i is taking their game as of late isn’t healthy.
>
>
> Yet another person who doesn’t recognize that every one got a free one and if you choose to get another you can use points or money… smh I guess companies aren’t allowed to offer anything for sale without being criticized. how dare these are companies offer something for sale to make money and stay in business so they can continue on… and offer something that doesn’t even have to be bought with money if they don’t want to…

I haven’t longed into halo 5 since last Sunday so calm down. I just skimmed through your points above and I guess I missed that part. Sorry.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> Why does every one always harp on the price? is 343 sending some goons over to your house and making you buy them? am I the only one who can earn req points and get packs with them? they gave everyone one free pack with five “most popular” cosmetics… It’s 100% OPTIONAL to get another one whether with money or REQ POINTS. yes mathematically this pack is more expensive than if you got either of the other packs instead of this one. but this one is guaranteed, what ultra rare if I remember correctly, or higher cosmetic reqs. that is why they cost more. value is in the eye of the beholder. your opinion is it’s a fail due to the cost, well others may say it’s worth it(not me but some may). I guess some don’t realize just because it’s for sale doesn’t mean you buy it.

I’m saying it as more of a general rule than a personal complaint. Its simply bad business to ward off potential customers with a bad deal. These are cosmetics; they don’t effect gameplay, but they still make the game more enjoyable. Its really nice to see people get a shot at nicer armor without the days of grinding needed prior. Its just sad to see how poorly executed the pricing and marketing is done. If 343 wants to make use of microtransactions, then the least they could do is make them actually good deals. They need to entice a larger audience and not rely on the “premium” of it do the selling for them. Think of it like this: what’s more profitable; 10 people buying a $10 pack, or 50 people buying a $3 pack?

> 2533274874817568;12:
> > 2533274816788253;4:
> > Why does every one always harp on the price? is 343 sending some goons over to your house and making you buy them? am I the only one who can earn req points and get packs with them? they gave everyone one free pack with five “most popular” cosmetics… It’s 100% OPTIONAL to get another one whether with money or REQ POINTS. yes mathematically this pack is more expensive than if you got either of the other packs instead of this one. but this one is guaranteed, what ultra rare if I remember correctly, or higher cosmetic reqs. that is why they cost more. value is in the eye of the beholder. your opinion is it’s a fail due to the cost, well others may say it’s worth it(not me but some may). I guess some don’t realize just because it’s for sale doesn’t mean you buy it.
>
>
> I’m saying it as more of a general rule than a personal complaint. Its simply bad business to ward off potential customers with a bad deal. These are cosmetics; they don’t effect gameplay, but they still make the game more enjoyable. Its really nice to see people get a shot at nicer armor without the days of grinding needed prior. Its just sad to see how poorly executed the pricing and marketing is done. If 343 wants to make use of microtransactions, then the least they could do is make them actually good deals. They need to entice a larger audience and not rely on the “premium” of it do the selling for them. Think of it like this: what’s more profitable; 10 people buying a $10 pack, or 50 people buying a $3 pack?

Well who is to say really. we don’t know how many packs are actually being purchased with money. they must be making what they consider an acceptable amount off them because every speciality pack they have offered has been priced the same. had they not sold enough they would have tried decreasing the price.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> > 2535407074931494;5:
> > Fail for players who already have It all.
>
>
> Not really… I have everything unlocked and I welcome the legendary xp boost to help me with the req points grind.

They are for arena, If you win you get 1800 xp, That’s only 9000xp I Avg 10,000 xp per WZFF game with just a jack pot xp. If they would of split them up some for arena and some for WZ It would of been ok.

> 2535407074931494;14:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > 2535407074931494;5:
> > > Fail for players who already have It all.
> >
> >
> > Not really… I have everything unlocked and I welcome the legendary xp boost to help me with the req points grind.
>
>
> They are for arena, If you win you get 1800 xp, That’s only 9000xp I Avg 10,000 xp per WZFF game with just a jack pot xp. If they would of split them up some for arena and some for WZ It would of been ok.

That would have been nice but I don’t want to have to play warzone every time for a decent xp payout. I have been getting back into Arena lately

> 2535407074931494;14:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > 2535407074931494;5:
> > > Fail for players who already have It all.
> >
> >
> > Not really… I have everything unlocked and I welcome the legendary xp boost to help me with the req points grind.
>
>
> They are for arena, If you win you get 1800 xp, That’s only 9000xp I Avg 10,000 xp per WZFF game with just a jack pot xp. If they would of split them up some for arena and some for WZ It would of been ok.

Arena games are shorter than WZFF (I’ve had CTF games finish in 2mins 30secs, literally).

Plus some of us hate the WZ playlists and prefer to play Arena. It’s not very entertaining for me to kill mindless AI’s

> 2533274814988883;16:
> > 2535407074931494;14:
> > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > > 2535407074931494;5:
> > > > Fail for players who already have It all.
> > >
> > >
> > > Not really… I have everything unlocked and I welcome the legendary xp boost to help me with the req points grind.
> >
> >
> > They are for arena, If you win you get 1800 xp, That’s only 9000xp I Avg 10,000 xp per WZFF game with just a jack pot xp. If they would of split them up some for arena and some for WZ It would of been ok.
>
>
> Arena games are shorter than WZFF (I’ve had CTF games finish in 2mins 30secs, literally).
>
> Plus some of us hate the WZ playlists and prefer to play Arena. It’s not very entertaining for me to kill mindless AI’s

If you are lucky, yes you can get them done quicker, but avg is around 6-8 mins that’s two games to one wzff for less xp. I know wzff Is boring, but If you are trying to grind out XP you do what you have too. Arena (ranked ) for me Is to laggy for some reason, so I only play when friends are on.

I was honestly thinking that this pack would help me get the Athlon Champion and Challenger sets, as they are impossible to get at this point. And boy was I totally wrong. =(

i got 2 weapon skins and 2 bits of armour

i need wetwork helmet or juns helmet