Greatest Hits Pack Is No More...

How many did you buy with RP’s? It has been a week that the pack was available. I grinded my little Halo heart out and was able to buy 5, not including the free one, and received 30 Legendary Arena XP boosts.

I did this because I mostly play Arena. My plan is to see how close I can get to 152 before Halo 6 by having the majority of my games in Arena.

I had enough RP’s saved up to sell them all and buy two, the rest I bought through grinding WZ Assault and FF. I gained a new appreciation for WZ in general, but my true Halo love will always be for whatever iteration there is for classic Halo.

I am curious. Are there any other players who grinded for these packs? Am I the only one here that is still interested in grinding for these “exclusive” packs?

Over the weekend I grinded for one and I got my precious Mark IV helmet.

I did not buy it. I have completed my collection, but even if I still had things to unlock, the pack wasn’t worth it.

> 2533274924023426;2:
> Over the weekend I grinded for one and I got my precious Mark IV helmet.

Sweet! I bet that felt good. It’s always nice when you unlock the armor you want.

100,000 RP’s is a lot. I could’ve sworn all the others were 80,000. What playlist did you grind?

> 2533274924401014;3:
> I did not buy it. I have completed my collection, but even if I still had things to unlock, the pack wasn’t worth it.

Really, even Legendary XP boosts, five of them wasn’t worth it to you?

> 2533274863544717;4:
> > 2533274924023426;2:
> > Over the weekend I grinded for one and I got my precious Mark IV helmet.
>
>
> Sweet! I bet that felt good. It’s always nice when you unlock the armor you want.
>
> 100,000 RP’s is a lot. I could’ve sworn all the others were 80,000. What playlist did you grind?

Yeah, I sat there for a minute and just about every celebration song was playing in my head.
I mainly grinded in warzone assault and swat.

I signed on the day we got it for free. I’m saving it so when we get new DLC I can get most of the cosmetics right off the bat.

I didn’t buy it I figured I would eventually get whatever was in it from gold req packs but I was disappointed when I got the mark IV helmet when my friend got the wraith anhur but I don’t care the only armor I would buy for would be the helioscrill

I broke down and used some REQ point to get one plus the free one. Right now I have 30 gold, 10 silver, and 10 bronze packs plus an assortment of daily login, and daily win packs for a total of 81 packs and counting, plus over 500,000 REQ points to go towards the next update. I’m having a hard time not opening them up.

> 2535432245041527;8:
> I didn’t buy it I figured I would eventually get whatever was in it from gold req packs but I was disappointed when I got the mark IV helmet when my friend got the wraith anhur but I don’t care the only armor I would buy for would be the helioscrill

If you really want that Helioskrill why not just earn it through playing all the campaigns on Legendary? I have the skinned version, but I don’t wear it. I think it should be reserved for those who “earned” it through an achievement not an RNG. That’s just my opinion though. I think I am the minority.

> 2533274939961451;7:
> I signed on the day we got it for free. I’m saving it so when we get new DLC I can get most of the cosmetics right off the bat.

Yeah, I did that too. Before I had everything unlocked I didn’t bother with these packs. It is such a good feeling when an update happens and you can purchase everything right away.

> 2533274863544717;10:
> > 2535432245041527;8:
> > I didn’t buy it I figured I would eventually get whatever was in it from gold req packs but I was disappointed when I got the mark IV helmet when my friend got the wraith anhur but I don’t care the only armor I would buy for would be the helioscrill
>
>
> If you really want that Helioskrill why not just earn it through playing all the campaigns on Legendary? I have the skinned version, but I don’t wear it. I think it should be reserved for those who “earned” it through an achievement not an RNG. That’s just my opinion though. I think I am the minority.

I would do that in a heart beat(well not literally) but sadly I don’t have the master chief collection my friend does so I think I may borrow his if he’s willing to lend it to me.

Just the free one, which I got the five legendary xp boost, then I got one more with points just to see if it was still five legendary xp boost. I would still rather get my 25 gold packs for my 100k in points rather than 5 legendary arena xp boost.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> Just the free one, which I got the five legendary xp boost, then I got one more with points just to see if it was still five legendary xp boost. I would still rather get my 25 gold packs for my 100k in points rather than 5 legendary arena xp boost.

Even though you play mostly Arena? I am just guessing at that since what I have seen you post about…playing FFA a lot in other words.

> 2533274863544717;5:
> > 2533274924401014;3:
> > I did not buy it. I have completed my collection, but even if I still had things to unlock, the pack wasn’t worth it.
>
>
> Really, even Legendary XP boosts, five of them wasn’t worth it to you?

Not for 100k.

> 2533274863544717;13:
> > 2533274816788253;12:
> > Just the free one, which I got the five legendary xp boost, then I got one more with points just to see if it was still five legendary xp boost. I would still rather get my 25 gold packs for my 100k in points rather than 5 legendary arena xp boost.
>
>
> Even though you play mostly Arena? I am just guessing at that since what I have seen you post about…playing FFA a lot in other words.

In arena I play mostly FFA, but I have been playing a good mix of both lately.

> 2535432245041527;11:
> > 2533274863544717;10:
> > > 2535432245041527;8:
> > > I didn’t buy it I figured I would eventually get whatever was in it from gold req packs but I was disappointed when I got the mark IV helmet when my friend got the wraith anhur but I don’t care the only armor I would buy for would be the helioscrill
> >
> >
> > If you really want that Helioskrill why not just earn it through playing all the campaigns on Legendary? I have the skinned version, but I don’t wear it. I think it should be reserved for those who “earned” it through an achievement not an RNG. That’s just my opinion though. I think I am the minority.
>
>
> I would do that in a heart beat(well not literally) but sadly I don’t have the master chief collection my friend does so I think I may borrow his if he’s willing to lend it to me.

Tip from experience, Solo is so much easier than coop. It may sound weird, but it’s just how it works.

I dont have everything unlocked just yet so it was a better investment for me to buy gold packs. If I had everything unlocked I would have definitally grinded for those arena boosts though

I wanted to save mine for the next update since I already unlocked everything but opened it by accident after I mistook the “One unopened pack” for the Daily Login Pack… Couldn’t play a game of Halo 5 long enough to get me the points to buy another pack sadly, the game won’t let me play anything but Infection without disconnecting. Would’ve been a great way to unlock new gear coming soon.

> 2533274883849234;18:
> I wanted to save mine for the next update since I already unlocked everything but opened it by accident after I mistook the “One unopened pack” for the Daily Login Pack… Couldn’t play a game of Halo 5 long enough to get me the points to buy another pack sadly, the game won’t let me play anything but Infection without disconnecting. Would’ve been a great way to unlock new gear coming soon.

Seriously? You can only play Infection? That would drive me crazy. I am not a big Infection fan.

I guess I am the only one who played enough to buy 3. Not many responses as of yet.

I did not buy it