Great Marketting so far

It was a brilliant E3 reveal I think. Can you imagine if they’d given details about REQ packs in H6, the resulting articles and talk would have drowned out any hype for the actual core of the game.

It refocused on Chief, on exploring a Halo Installation with some marines, on riding a warthog through the vaguely familiar yet alien terrain, echoing the wonder of the original CE reveal.

They gave just enough to start rampant speculation but not enough to have everyone fall into arguments, a perfect teaser trailer.

I dont think blind absolute praise is a positive. We need to have debate and criticism to make the game great.

I think the trailer was confusing and scrambled. Herds of rhinos and deer? Fish in the sea?..uh…ok? I really hope it was just showcasing the slipspace engine and not the game itself.

> 2533274852319616;2:
> I dont think blind absolute praise is a positive. We need to have debate and criticism to make the game great.
>
> I think the trailer was confusing and scrambled. Herds of rhinos and deer? Fish in the sea?..uh…ok? I really hope it was just showcasing the slipspace engine and not the game itself.

Yeah it was a tech demo, that’s what they were doing _-showcasing what the new engine is capable of right now

The marketing has gotten plenty of my classic friends making “gasps” at the chief reveal.

Yeah I really loved the trailer. It was a great reveal. I had no idea what it even was at first and when I saw the marines I knew what was up lol.

> 2533274852319616;2:
> I dont think blind absolute praise is a positive. We need to have debate and criticism to make the game great.
>
> I think the trailer was confusing and scrambled. Herds of rhinos and deer? Fish in the sea?..uh…ok? I really hope it was just showcasing the slipspace engine and not the game itself.

I guess this post is more just about I’m glad it was vague for now, though I want to know more. It sets it up nicely as opposed to an alternative more traditional teaser/reveal which would have the community divided and focussed on particulars rather than the hype that a new Halo game is coming.

A tech demo teaser trailer, pretty bold.

Isnt E3 traditionally the place to do tech demos for new upcomeing games? Many of which fail overall, “to the best of my knowledge”.

At least they didnt try to show us the bottom of master cheifs foot… “old e3 where the demo went wrong”

Well I mean it was a tech demo, as stated for the new engine - but it’s also a teaser trailer for a new game and a title reveal. I’ts not like 343 is developing the slipspace engine to sell to other developers as Epic do, they’re showing it off because it’s going to make the next Halo game.