Great Job 343

I wasn’t very happy with the initial release of the game. Forge has always been my thing, since Halo 3, and it saddened me that it wasn’t there at launch. It was very worth the wait though because you nailed it 343. This is the best forge I have ever used. I applaud you on how efficient this new Forge is. When I first started up forge, the controls were very different. I was using the guide on the side to show me what I needed to press. There is a learning curve now, but once you get around learning it, boy are you gonna go wild. I ended up using the advanced mode and getting rid of the guide. I learned how to script doors, weld objects, group and duplicate, and set colors, fx, lighting, fog etc. I was overwhelmed at first to say the least. There are so many options for objects and color. So in my first 6 hours of forge I came up with this. Yes that’s a warlock remake and you can read more about it here. But I want to use this thread to commend 343 on a great job and give you guys my first impressions on forge.

• Yes the controls are different and may look scary at first, but they are a huge step forward in efficiency. I’m sorry but forge takes some learning and if you wont put the time in to learn the controls, then maybe forge isn’t for you. - Magnets seem to have been improved drastically. They are extremely useful now - Grouping and duplicating make everything so much easier. It can get buggy sometimes though and wont allow me to move some objects while I obviously have them selected and grouped. Only happened maybe twice - I encourage you to play with the fx and lighting. I plan on using them on my map and they are so great. I’m glad 343 added them. - I can move objects based on X,Y,Z now without having to use Position. This makes free movement so much more useful. - The ability to color objects gives maps some personality and is a great implementation - Scripting is going to take a lot of practice, I’ve only been able to get a door to open so far but I can see great use once I master it!

Those are my first impressions. Again, amazing job 343. Yall don’t get that often enough. I cant wait to see what people come up with in Forge

I’m finally getting around to updating the game now. I managed to luck out and have tomorrow off as well, so I hope to crank out at least one decent minigame tomorrow!

> 2533274808210415;2:
> I’m finally getting around to updating the game now. I managed to luck out and have tomorrow off as well, so I hope to crank out at least one decent minigame tomorrow!

I cant wait to start on minigames after I finish an arena map. Try using welding and scripts if youre going to make a minigame map. I know I will lol. Have fun.