Great idea for Infinite

Something that I think will help Infinite a lot is to have a bunch Playlist: Variety.
Have a classic set of Playlist with class mechanics AND modern mechanics. I’m more of a fan of the classic game play but I also enjoy halo 5 and play it from time to time. I think it would be great for people to try something new. Like modern mechanic fans can try classic Playlist and come to enjoy it and vise versa with classic to modern fan. Any thoughts?

Leading up to the July gameplay reveal, one of Sean W’s (Halo YouTuber) “inside sources” claimed that Infinite gameplay is more of a sequel to MCC than to H5.

To bring this into the context of the thread, I hope that means that we’ll have a matchmaking composer for social play in Infinite. Instead of choosing what Halo games you’re willing to match into, you would choose modern gameplay, classic gameplay, or any. That’s the dream for me at least.

Sean W’s insider info has been pretty on point as long as he’s been putting out content too, imo.

> 2614366390849210;2:
> Leading up to the July gameplay reveal, one of Sean W’s (Halo YouTuber) “inside sources” claimed that Infinite gameplay is more of a sequel to MCC than to H5.
>
> To bring this into the context of the thread, I hope that means that we’ll have a matchmaking composer for social play in Infinite. Instead of choosing what Halo games you’re willing to match into, you would choose modern gameplay, classic gameplay, or any. That’s the dream for me at least.
>
> Sean W’s insider info has been pretty on point as long as he’s been putting out content too, imo.

That sounds awesome. I wasn’t aware of that source thats great news

> 2533274918350812;3:
> > 2614366390849210;2:
> > Leading up to the July gameplay reveal, one of Sean W’s (Halo YouTuber) “inside sources” claimed that Infinite gameplay is more of a sequel to MCC than to H5.
> >
> > To bring this into the context of the thread, I hope that means that we’ll have a matchmaking composer for social play in Infinite. Instead of choosing what Halo games you’re willing to match into, you would choose modern gameplay, classic gameplay, or any. That’s the dream for me at least.
> >
> > Sean W’s insider info has been pretty on point as long as he’s been putting out content too, imo.
>
> That sounds awesome. I wasn’t aware of that source thats great news

It’s still just a rumor, even though I thunk it makes sense.

I hope there’s a match making composer in Infinite… MCC’s composer is my favorite new feature of any game of the entire last generation! Being able to pick exactly what you want to play is just so awesome!

The problem with this kind of thing is maps have to be designed around one set of mechanics. It’s hard to make maps that play well with two different sets of mechanics. That’s why they had to scale midship so drastically for H5. Maybe they could add a classic playlist with forge maps or something. Even get the community to make maps for it then polish them out and add them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it isn’t just maps that are hard to cater to two different mechanic sets but weapons as well. H5 weapons would be OP in H3 for example.

I’m afraid this just wouldn’t work. Advanced movement makes a lot more differences to the design of the game than you’d think, including map size, aim assist, enemy behavior, projectile speed, explosion radii, tracking strength of needler/hydra projectiles, the overall number of weapons with tracking projectiles (imagine the H5 suppressor in a game without thrust, you would be literally incapable of missing), player health, etc.

If 343 were to fully support both styles of game they would have to essentially create two games in one, with no asset in one being allowed in the other, and the amount of work required to support both at once would be just impossible and inevitably lead both crowds into feeling like they’re only getting half a game.

So basically include Halo MCC into Infinite?

My favourite is in between. Classic + sprint. I doubt there will be a type like that lol :frowning:

> 2535449076192416;6:
> I’m afraid this just wouldn’t work. Advanced movement makes a lot more differences to the design of the game than you’d think, including map size, aim assist, enemy behavior, projectile speed, explosion radii, tracking strength of needler/hydra projectiles, the overall number of weapons with tracking projectiles (imagine the H5 suppressor in a game without thrust, you would be literally incapable of missing), player health, etc.
>
> If 343 were to fully support both styles of game they would have to essentially create two games in one, with no asset in one being allowed in the other, and the amount of work required to support both at once would be just impossible and inevitably lead both crowds into feeling like they’re only getting half a game.

Yeah that’s true it would definitely mess up everything

Some of the halo 5 mechanics probably wont show up, but they probably will keep sprint. as seen in the trailer where master chief gets full speed on sprint, the screen doesnt have a spartan charge prompt.

> 2535409171473129;10:
> Some of the halo 5 mechanics probably wont show up, but they probably will keep sprint. as seen in the trailer where master chief gets full speed on sprint, the screen doesnt have a spartan charge prompt.

Thats good. Halo 5 was good in its own regards but it wasn’t a good Halo game in my opinion.

> 2535449076192416;6:
> I’m afraid this just wouldn’t work. Advanced movement makes a lot more differences to the design of the game than you’d think, including map size, aim assist, enemy behavior, projectile speed, explosion radii, tracking strength of needler/hydra projectiles, the overall number of weapons with tracking projectiles (imagine the H5 suppressor in a game without thrust, you would be literally incapable of missing), player health, etc.
>
> If 343 were to fully support both styles of game they would have to essentially create two games in one, with no asset in one being allowed in the other, and the amount of work required to support both at once would be just impossible and inevitably lead both crowds into feeling like they’re only getting half a game.

Thats true. Like with Halo 4s maps they were too big for 4v4 in consequence of sprint. And yes weapons get screwed because of sprint. I hated how in Halo 5 everything had to be hit scan. I love the br in Halo 3 and how you had to lead your shots. Its more fun and strategic to shoot in my opinion.

> 2533274947805189;8:
> My favourite is in between. Classic + sprint. I doubt there will be a type like that lol :frowning:

I hope for classic + sprint, slide, stabilizer, and thruster boost. The thruster boost added a bunch of counter play dynamics into firefights, and made 1-1’s super interesting. And if everyone has the same abilities, it’ll still match that equal-start-arena gameplay that’s made Halo my favorite franchise for so long.

I just hope the general speed of everything drops by a bit. Sprinting Spartans are just ssssooo fast in H5 it’s crazy.

> 2614366390849210;13:
> > 2533274947805189;8:
> > My favourite is in between. Classic + sprint. I doubt there will be a type like that lol :frowning:
>
> I hope for classic + sprint, slide, stabilizer, and thruster boost. The thruster boost added a bunch of counter play dynamics into firefights, and made 1-1’s super interesting. And if everyone has the same abilities, it’ll still match that equal-start-arena gameplay that’s made Halo my favorite franchise for so long.
>
> I just hope the general speed of everything drops by a bit. Sprinting Spartans are just ssssooo fast in H5 it’s crazy.

I was playing black ops cold War and then I played Halo 5 right after and it felt like the same game

> 2533274918350812;14:
> > 2614366390849210;13:
> > > 2533274947805189;8:
> > > My favourite is in between. Classic + sprint. I doubt there will be a type like that lol :frowning:
> >
> > I hope for classic + sprint, slide, stabilizer, and thruster boost. The thruster boost added a bunch of counter play dynamics into firefights, and made 1-1’s super interesting. And if everyone has the same abilities, it’ll still match that equal-start-arena gameplay that’s made Halo my favorite franchise for so long.
> >
> > I just hope the general speed of everything drops by a bit. Sprinting Spartans are just ssssooo fast in H5 it’s crazy.
>
> I was playing black ops cold War and then I played Halo 5 right after and it felt like the same game

CoD has different starting weapons and equipment for each player, based on what they choose. H5 arena starts everyone with the same stuff at spawn. It still emphasizes map control, spawn influence, and power weapon control. Those features plus the shield/health damage model still make it feel like Halo and have a longer avg ttk than other games out there.

I just hope they reduce the general speed of all those actions. H5 played great, but everything was ssssooo fast. It needs to land between H3 and H5 imo.

You can already play Halo with classic settings, play Halo CE, Halo 2, or Halo 3. The rest (Infinite, and future Halo games) need to move forward. Halo MCC gets updates anyways. I believe 343 should move forward with the way they are making Halo currently.

> 2535427195693200;16:
> You can already play Halo with classic settings, play Halo CE, Halo 2, or Halo 3. The rest (Infinite, and future Halo games) need to move forward. Halo MCC gets updates anyways. I believe 343 should move forward with the way they are making Halo currently.

I agree but I think that Halo returning to the roots as well as improving on it is of the utmost importance. You can’t just remove sprint ads and killstreaks from cod. The population of Halo has decreased due to Halo becoming like every other shooter. Halo needs to go back to being Halo. Just my opinion

This is actually nice, I wouldn’t mind this in Infinite

> 2614366390849210;13:
> > 2533274947805189;8:
> > My favourite is in between. Classic + sprint. I doubt there will be a type like that lol :frowning:
>
> I hope for classic + sprint, slide, stabilizer, and thruster boost. The thruster boost added a bunch of counter play dynamics into firefights, and made 1-1’s super interesting. And if everyone has the same abilities, it’ll still match that equal-start-arena gameplay that’s made Halo my favorite franchise for so long.
>
> I just hope the general speed of everything drops by a bit. Sprinting Spartans are just ssssooo fast in H5 it’s crazy.

It’s confirmed that we’re only getting Sprint, Slide and Clamber, and Sprint is pretty neutered from what we’ve seen (barely any faster than base movement speed, which leads me to believe it’s only there for the Slide). No Thrusters or anything like that.

> 2533274892901745;19:
> > 2614366390849210;13:
> > > 2533274947805189;8:
> > > My favourite is in between. Classic + sprint. I doubt there will be a type like that lol :frowning:
> >
> > I hope for classic + sprint, slide, stabilizer, and thruster boost. The thruster boost added a bunch of counter play dynamics into firefights, and made 1-1’s super interesting. And if everyone has the same abilities, it’ll still match that equal-start-arena gameplay that’s made Halo my favorite franchise for so long.
> >
> > I just hope the general speed of everything drops by a bit. Sprinting Spartans are just ssssooo fast in H5 it’s crazy.
>
> It’s confirmed that we’re only getting Sprint, Slide and Clamber, and Sprint is pretty neutered from what we’ve seen (barely any faster than base movement speed, which leads me to believe it’s only there for the Slide). No Thrusters or anything like that.

Yay, that sounds nice!