Great Idea for a New AR

So far, the AR has gotten weaker and weaker with every halo game. So in halo 4, I think we should at least try to bulk it up again.

my idea, we should use the halo ce rifle (60 rounds and high rate of fire) and meld it with halo 3’s AR spread (the AR i thought was most accurate) to create a weapon that is both accurate at mid range and has a good clip size.

what do you think?

> So far, the AR has gotten weaker and weaker with every halo game. So in halo 4, I think we should at least try to bulk it up again.
>
>
> my idea, we should use the halo ce rifle (60 rounds and high rate of fire) and meld it with halo 3’s AR spread (the AR i thought was most accurate) to create a weapon that is both accurate at mid range and has a good clip size.
>
>
> what do you think?

Lol. AR.

> So far, the AR has gotten weaker and weaker with every halo game. So in halo 4, I think we should at least try to bulk it up again.
>
>
> my idea, we should use the halo ce rifle (60 rounds and high rate of fire) and meld it with halo 3’s AR spread (the AR i thought was most accurate) to create a weapon that is both accurate at mid range and has a good clip size.
>
>
> what do you think?

This would be awesome, but I think a bit too OP, my personal preference for the AR would be a an assault rifle with a 40-round clip, 750 RPM rate of fire (slightly higher than Halo 3 AR, but lower than MA5B in Halo CE/A), same damage/range/accuracy as MA5C in Halo 3, but with a larger aiming reticule more like the version in Reach- starts out as tight spread, but blooms out larger when fire is sustained which is better for use in close-quarters- the one in Halo 3 was too small, making it a little hard to use up close, while not having near the range of the BR.

I’d like to see it in a new light. A larger clip and higher RoF, but not as big as the CE assault rifle. Maybe a 40 round clip with the CE RoF. I think it should have a longer range and a faster kill time. I’m not saying DMR range with a 4 shot kill, but it is a medium to close range weapon, and it shouldn’t take an entire clip to get one kill. I feel like a tighter spread would make it a little less of a “spray and pray” weapon.

Personally I don’t like that idea, OP. The problem is that the AR is still a pray and spray weapon; it’s skill-less.

I’d prefer it if the “AR” in Halo 4 had a small spread, think the Halo 3’s BR, and a high RoF, but relatively weak damage per bullet and no scope. This way it’s good for constantly pinging BR users (or whatever the utility weapon is in Halo 4) and weakening them, but it shouldn’t kill them if both players are of the same skill. Instead, this new AR should be able to trump BR users if it’s combined with multiple teammates. Ala, having 2 teammates AR a BR user. Due to the AR’s higher RoF than the BR the ARs should win in this situation.

This way the AR isn’t stuck in the medium ranged niche and it both becomes a skillful weapon and a weapon that can take down a BR if combined with other AR users. If you’ve played Quake 3 think of it being similar to Q3’s machine gun.

Honestly I don’t ever see it happening, but what I’d like to see, and this is for all weapons, not just the AR, is a little customization. Nothing like on a CoD level, but just some little things, maybe have the ability to add a red dot sight to an AR, or just something to show that we’re in the 2500s. It’s the future and we don’t even have some of the stuff our military is using today. I never use the AR as it’s just useless really against anyone who knows what they are doing.

P.S.

A Grenade Launcher attachment for my AR or whichever Rifle would be nice as well.

> P.S.
>
> A Grenade Launcher attachment for my AR or whichever Rifle would be nice as well.

> MFW

We have grenades and grenade pickups for a reason. Just sayin’.

> > P.S.
> >
> > A Grenade Launcher attachment for my AR or whichever Rifle would be nice as well.
>
> > MFW
>
> We have grenades and grenade pickups for a reason. Just sayin’.

And I’m just saying, it’s over 500 years in the future. Now we have grenades and we still have grenade launcher attachments. Like I said, I don’t think it’ll EVER happen, but I think just maybe you should look at what we have now and try to improve upon that.

Id like to see a Light Machine Gun as a power weapon

thanks for the replies, hope to see more

> P.S.
>
> A Grenade Launcher attachment for my AR or whichever Rifle would be nice as well.

if noob tubes were introduced into halo i would sell my xbox and never come back to videogames again

It should have the potential for (if used skillfuly) to be a utility wep.

I would like it if the Assault Rifle from CE returned, except with maybe a slightly smaller clip and a slower rate of fire. Tweak it just enough so that it isn’t overpowered.

> Id like to see a Light Machine Gun as a power weapon

I suggested the same thing in a post and it immediatly went overboard with off topic threads, lol.

Anyways, I think LMG’s should be power weapons with high rates of fire and BIG 200 round clip. (carries 400).

> > Id like to see a Light Machine Gun as a power weapon
>
> I suggested the same thing in a post and it immediatly went overboard with off topic threads, lol.
>
> Anyways, I think LMG’s should be power weapons with high rates of fire and BIG 200 round clip. (carries 400).

Kind of like these things? :

http://www.halopedian.com/AIE-486H_Heavy_Machine_Gun
http://www.halopedian.com/M247H_Heavy_Machine_Gun

Halo 3 accuracy with same reticule and visible bloom activated. Also…->

10% aim-assist
48 round magazine
12 shot kill (8 to break shields and 4 to kill)
Slightly slower rate of fire than the Halo 3 rifle.