Great game but ranking...

so far great game, but guys really? The rankingnis crazy. I am an onyx 3 and the only way I can ever rank up is play with my friends who are never online. The ranking system is completly weird, I win a game against an onyx 20+ points my silver 1 bud wins against an onyx +12 point. I loose against an onyx -80. If I just join a lobby and play a game against 2 semi pros and they destroy because they are comunicating and my temate dose not want to put his mic on and I am top of the leader board still -20? What’s with that. Needs more points for skill and less for team loosing or wining.

> 2533274873210923;1:
> so far great game, but guys really? The rankingnis crazy. I am an onyx 3 and the only way I can ever rank up is play with my friends who are never online. The ranking system is completly weird, I win a game against an onyx 20+ points my silver 1 bud wins against an onyx +12 point. I loose against an onyx -80. If I just join a lobby and play a game against 2 semi pros and they destroy because they are comunicating and my temate dose not want to put his mic on and I am top of the leader board still -20? What’s with that. Needs more points for skill and less for team loosing or wining.

Get new friends? I’m sure there are people here who wouldn’t mind grouping up. It’s a team game I think rewarding individual skill is the wrong move. I’m kind of biased as I always play with friends but I think keeping the ranking team based is the way to go.

In a team game, your SKILL is determined by your effectiveness in a team.

A guy who doesn’t get many kills, but gets a ton of assists, helps to secure power weapons, controls key map locations, and communicates well, can be valuable to a winning team. Many qualities of a good team player don’t show up in the post game report.

Likewise, a guy who gets a lot of kills, but leaves his team hanging when they need him, playing for personal glory, could be the reason a team loses in the end.

Focusing on leaderboard instead of wins, is like giving all the glory to a QBs stats but ignoring the offensive line.

If you want your individual skill ranked, than you need to wait for Solo Playlists.

Team Playlist rankings are all about team performance… And it’s been that way since H2. And it’s great because it encourages team work instead of the Lone wolf style that has infected most other FPSs

> 2676692992818466;3:
> In a team game, your SKILL is determined by your effectiveness in a team.
>
> A guy who doesn’t get many kills, but gets a ton of assists, helps to secure power weapons, controls key map locations, and communicates well, can be valuable to a winning team. Many qualities of a good team player don’t show up in the post game report.
>
> Likewise, a guy who gets a lot of kills, but leaves his team hanging when they need him, playing for personal glory, could be the reason a team loses in the end.
>
> Focusing on leaderboard instead of wins, is like giving all the glory to a QBs stats but ignoring the offensive line.
>
> If you want your individual skill ranked, than you need to wait for Solo Playlists.
>
> Team Playlist rankings are all about team performance… And it’s been that way since H2. And it’s great because it encourages team work instead of the Lone wolf style that has infected most other FPSs

But you’re missing the biggest aspect of the game that blows donkey -Yoink-. The communication aspect, which can be described as “iffy” at best. I sometimes cannot even communicate with my teammates because the game won’t allow me to because it stops working mid game. This also happens in party chats as well.

You can take an above average team with 4 mics and play them again 1 pro and 3 randoms, but since the pro is streaming he uses no team chat. Who will win?
Let me inform you, it’s the 4 above average players, because they can talk. I got matched up with Ninja with 3 of my buddies. Granted he was carrying his team, but on his stream you can clearly see he wasn’t calling anything out and he had his entire team muted before the game started. You lose games because your teammates and the majority of that isn’t because solo playing skill, it’s the ability to communicate as a team or for that matter the ‘inability’ to communicate.
Xbox One has complete trash com system compared to all previous Xboxes. I have to be in a party chat for anything to work, and that instantly removes me from hearing or talking to my other teammates not in my chat party. This game is a joke because honestly the Xbox One is a buggy system on top of it all. I test dozens of attributes for my job and I would be fired if I released a product with this many BASIC level 1 bugs.

Lone wolves say the darndest things. Winning and losing is the only thing that matters in a ranked match. Bragging about a high KDR and wanting ‘participation points’ only shows how you’ve been spoiled by the pandering of this ‘everyone’s special’ mentality of game progression that’s been pushed out these past few years.

You’re only an onyx, you aren’t even in competitive ranking yet.

> 2661949065475413;5:
> Lone wolves say the darndest things. Winning and losing is the only thing that matters in a ranked match. Bragging about a high KDR and wanting ‘participation points’ only shows how you’ve been spoiled by the pandering of this ‘everyone’s special’ mentality of game progression that’s been pushed out these past few years.
>
> You’re only an onyx, you aren’t even in competitive ranking yet.

You sir fail to understand what a ranking system is… It places you among people you’re own ranking. So in a nutshell a bronze playing against other bronzes, is COMPETITIVE. That’s the point of a good ranking system, it’s not to achieve the highest rank to win, it’s to advance to the highest of your potential. Not matter how you look at it, just because there is a PRO rank, doesn’t mean anyone get reach it.

Everyone has their ceiling, I’d be happy to see if this ranking system works but we won’t know until it launches. A true ranking system would take 4-5 weeks to get people into their correct ranks.

the problem i have with the ranking system atm is that if you win you go up a little regardless of how well you do. but if you loose you go down a lot regardless of how well you do, i have done the best individually in a fair few games some i win some i loose, the games i do the best and win i go up no more than +8 so far, but the least i have dropped when doing the best and loosing is -16, it feels unfair that while i was the best individual in the game my team dropped the ball so hard with scores like 2k20d… no matter mow hard i try im never winning that game, but having the best score in the lobby should count for something shouldn’t it?

I disagree with you OP. The game needs to be about winning I feel. I think that’s what makes the game fun. I know that is a personal opinion but stick with me for a second. Anybody can have good games. I’ve seen people run around and not help team shoot and go plus ten and games are still lost. The k/d ratio isn’t the only thing that matters. That’s only individual. I’m in Onyx and I’ve definitely seen my fair share of players single-handedly sink a team. But this is only because the game is still figuring out new players ranks so I will consistently be matched up with four guys who have hardly played the game. Plus if it wasn’t about winning then how would you score the ranking system for objective games? It would be nice if the game could recognize how well you played based on KDA and in objective game types how long you held the flag/ball/etc. But I feel that the game should be primarily about winning and losing.

> 2535455481546457;6:
> > 2661949065475413;5:
> > Lone wolves say the darndest things. Winning and losing is the only thing that matters in a ranked match. Bragging about a high KDR and wanting ‘participation points’ only shows how you’ve been spoiled by the pandering of this ‘everyone’s special’ mentality of game progression that’s been pushed out these past few years.
> >
> > You’re only an onyx, you aren’t even in competitive ranking yet.
>
>
>
>
> You sir fail to understand what a ranking system is… It places you among people you’re own ranking. So in a nutshell a bronze playing against other bronzes, is COMPETITIVE. That’s the point of a good ranking system, it’s not to achieve the highest rank to win, it’s to advance to the highest of your potential. Not matter how you look at it, just because there is a PRO rank, doesn’t mean anyone get reach it.
>
> Everyone has their ceiling, I’d be happy to see if this ranking system works but we won’t know until it launches. A true ranking system would take 4-5 weeks to get people into their correct ranks.

A ranking system issues your ranks. A matchmaking system (when working effectively) puts you against similar ranks.

And I say Bronze-Onyx aren’t competitive ranks because they aren’t. They are benchmarks. You don’t even get issued a leaderboards placement until you hit semipro. The entire system changes at that point. You’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg.

> 2535455481546457;4:
> > 2676692992818466;3:
> > In a team game, your SKILL is determined by your effectiveness in a team.
> >
> > A guy who doesn’t get many kills, but gets a ton of assists, helps to secure power weapons, controls key map locations, and communicates well, can be valuable to a winning team. Many qualities of a good team player don’t show up in the post game report.
> >
> > Likewise, a guy who gets a lot of kills, but leaves his team hanging when they need him, playing for personal glory, could be the reason a team loses in the end.
> >
> > Focusing on leaderboard instead of wins, is like giving all the glory to a QBs stats but ignoring the offensive line.
> >
> > If you want your individual skill ranked, than you need to wait for Solo Playlists.
> >
> > Team Playlist rankings are all about team performance… And it’s been that way since H2. And it’s great because it encourages team work instead of the Lone wolf style that has infected most other FPSs
>
>
> But you’re missing the biggest aspect of the game that blows donkey -Yoink-. The communication aspect, which can be described as “iffy” at best. I sometimes cannot even communicate with my teammates because the game won’t allow me to because it stops working mid game. This also happens in party chats as well.
>
> You can take an above average team with 4 mics and play them again 1 pro and 3 randoms, but since the pro is streaming he uses no team chat. Who will win?
> Let me inform you, it’s the 4 above average players, because they can talk. I got matched up with Ninja with 3 of my buddies. Granted he was carrying his team, but on his stream you can clearly see he wasn’t calling anything out and he had his entire team muted before the game started. You lose games because your teammates and the majority of that isn’t because solo playing skill, it’s the ability to communicate as a team or for that matter the ‘inability’ to communicate.
> Xbox One has complete trash com system compared to all previous Xboxes. I have to be in a party chat for anything to work, and that instantly removes me from hearing or talking to my other teammates not in my chat party. This game is a joke because honestly the Xbox One is a buggy system on top of it all. I test dozens of attributes for my job and I would be fired if I released a product with this many BASIC level 1 bugs.

Yes there are communication issues… This I a beta after all. But that doesn’t change the fact that your Ranking in a TEAM gametype should reflect how well you play in a team.

Are some ppl crappy teammate? Sure. That’s why you should find good ones and stick with them. Also, the Spartan callouts are pretty helpful when you are dealing with people who don’t communicate… But you have to be sticking WITH your team if you want to be able to hear them.

If You play as a lone wolf, but ranked up based on your K/D ratio instead of team skills, you’d be outclassed when you start going against people who got there by executing strategies.

> 2535455481546457;4:
> But you’re missing the biggest aspect of the game that blows donkey -Yoink-. The communication aspect, which can be described as “iffy” at best. I sometimes cannot even communicate with my teammates because the game won’t allow me to because it stops working mid game. This also happens in party chats as well.
>
> You can take an above average team with 4 mics and play them again 1 pro and 3 randoms, but since the pro is streaming he uses no team chat. Who will win?
> Let me inform you, it’s the 4 above average players, because they can talk. I got matched up with Ninja with 3 of my buddies. Granted he was carrying his team, but on his stream you can clearly see he wasn’t calling anything out and he had his entire team muted before the game started. You lose games because your teammates and the majority of that isn’t because solo playing skill, it’s the ability to communicate as a team or for that matter the ‘inability’ to communicate.
> Xbox One has complete trash com system compared to all previous Xboxes. I have to be in a party chat for anything to work, and that instantly removes me from hearing or talking to my other teammates not in my chat party. This game is a joke because honestly the Xbox One is a buggy system on top of it all. I test dozens of attributes for my job and I would be fired if I released a product with this many BASIC level 1 bugs.

I think that is mostly attributed to some of the aftermath of the DDoS attacks still lingering. Party and Game chat are broken full circle, not just in the Beta. Can’t hear -Yoink- in Destiny either or just in a party sitting at my home screen.

Yeah , there’s definitely some funny business with the ranking. I myself am not great hence why I’m in bronze however I am positive with 190 ish kills with 120 ish deaths , w/o sucks as I ain’t good enough to carry but seen a player today in silver with 31 kills and around 170 deaths , so there is definitely some problems. I know it’s a team game but come on.

It’s not ALL Team OR ALL Lone Wolf folks. It should be a balance. I get teamwork. I get trying to make sure you go in with friends. I’ve played in a few tournies and done well. It is ALL about teamwork at higher levels. Wins/Losses is a metric just like KDA. One tells you a cumulative KDA for 4 players the other individual KDA nothing more. Neither describes, team shooting, setting up map control, call outs, communication ect…Just because a team wins doesn’t mean they did all these things. It can mean they all “lone wolved” their way to wins while the other team of lone wolves had weaker players. In matchmaking this is the norm. Wins do deserve to be rewarded and losses penalized but the system in place does not tell the whole story either. Let’s say your an amazing Team Player but initially got a low rank because of the randomness that is matchmaking. Bad teams/quitters/griefers. OK, no problem. “I’ll just work my way up to a rank where people use their mics and communicate etc…” Except that you can’t move up because even your best team effort won’t make bad players or lone wolves you get matched with win. All I’m suggesting is that individual performance DOES matter to some degree but not by itself. It just should be added to the formula so players can get to the rank that is on their skill level. You shouldn’t go +10 five games in a row and drop rank. It’s not fair to the individual and its also not fair to lower level players that are now getting ransacked by a strong players getting placed in lower level games.