Great Forge Communities

Everyone has to start somewhere to get their maps known in the vast amount of communities in Halo. So I want to make it easier for the newcomers to find a group that meets their needs. I will make a list with a short description of each group explaining their founders, administration and etc.

I want you to use this compilation of groups to get your name out there, post frequently, test frequently, and have fun while you do it.

Reaching Perfection
Reaching perfection was originally the blog site for GodlyPerfection’s Forge guides, which you can still find in the front pages. There is no administration besides the site developers and the owner. It’s a largish community with frequent posters and a lot of help for new up and comers.

>

Forever Forgers
Forever Forgers was my first Forging community experience and provided the basics of Forging concepts, design consepts and general forge knowledge, The group is ran by 3 Leaders. Jpeloquin218, ElementWrath, and Sworn Shadow.

>

Satyros
Satyro’s is a more refined group for testing and criticism, this is the definitley the place you wanna be if you want to run customs for you map, to better perfect it. One of the Community Cartographers administrates this group, Obi Wan Stevobi.

>

Forge Cafe
Forge Cafe is alot like Forever Forgers, they’ve been around for quite some time, while not as active as many other groups they still hold events, and have some regular posters on the site. It’s a great place for map makers to get to know some of the others who frequent customs groups. Most bungie.net groups lack the amount of testing of dedicated organization, but it’s still a good start. The group founder is Undr Zid.

>

Forge Hub
Forge Hub is a community based website that focuses on the Halo map creation tool, Forge.The site features the latest Forge developments, news, and Halo map and game variants. The Forge Hub Community was create by many corresponding leaders back in the day.

>

Halo Legacy
Is a group on Bungie.net that is responsible for that map remakes thread in the Reach forum. They also had quite a big hand in the creation of the Team Classic playlist. If you want to find a Forge remake of your favorite map then we’re the best place to go to. We’re working on a website currently, but already have a wiki up. We’re a steadily growing community because hey everyone loves the classics right?

>

Blueprint
Blueprint is a Bungie.net group, it is made up of Community Cartographers, expert Forgers, and valuable resources to help you get your Halo: Reach custom maps into Matchmaking. It is administrated by Homeboyd903 and consists of many friendly staff who want to test your maps. The Community Cartographers involved are Homeboyd903, Insane54,
FyreWulff Rex, Slightly Live, NOKYARD andJoeski73.

>

The Forging Assembly
Is a great forging community that is dedicated to both the creation and evaluation of maps, whether our own or other people’s. We love to play on those gems which aren’t always noticed by Bungie and embrace the community spirit of the Forge. Whether seriously competitive, fun and casual or even the outrageously crazy, we want to review your maps! We also host great games nights regularly and our community have great fun playing on custom maps and help each other improve our forging skill. Drop in and have a look!

>

Xforgery
Xforgery is a great site where forgers have alot of tools to really show of their maps, every map posted has a time it is up on the front page so every map gets the attention it needs, along with a great feature tool there is the ability to nominate maps to be seen even more. The site is well polished and the community is a great tight nit group, the host many game nights and I have had a lot of fun participating in them.

The list will be updated with posters submissions, I will leave the other groups I know to leave a description of their own.

Reserved-I shouldn’t need much more room anyways.

> The list will be updated with posters submissions, I will leave the other groups I know to leave a description of their own.

Is this is why XForgery, ForgeHub, and a few other well-knowns are not on the list?

Yea I’m not too familiar with those groups, I dabbled in FH, but I’ve not had any experience with X Forgery.

If someone would write a brief description of the groups and leaders I will add them.

> Yea I’m not too familiar with those groups, I dabbled in FH, but I’ve not had any experience with X Forgery.
>
> If someone would write a brief description of the groups and leaders I will add them.

For FH:

Stafflist

Bungie’s Affiliates list has a brief little snippet on them that you could paraphrase. You could also possibly PM one of the regulars there (though I don’t know who that would be) and ask for a little FH-centric blurb.

Halo Legacy is a group on Bungie.net that is responsible for that map remakes thread in the Reach forum. They also had quite a big hand in the creation of the Team Classic playlist. If you want to find a Forge remake of your favorite map then we’re the best place to go to. We’re working on a website currently, but already have a wiki up. We’re a steadily growing community because hey everyone loves the classics right?

Updated thread.

Great thread Paper!

It wasn’t too long ago that I was trying to find out about Forge communities. I can see this thread being beneficial to people. And if other posters add groups, it will only become better and better.

Blueprint
Blueprint is a Bungie.net group, it is made up of Community Cartographers, expert Forgers, and valuable resources to help you get your Halo: Reach custom maps into Matchmaking. It is administrated by Homeboyd903 and consists of many friendly staff who want to test your maps. The Community Cartographers involved are Homeboyd903, Insane54,
FyreWulff Rex, Slightly Live, NOKYARD and Joeski73.

Blueprint, absolutely. Homeboyd903 really does a great job running that group.

Blueprint was added.

The Forging Assembly is a great forging community that is dedicated to both the creation and evaluation of maps, whether our own or other people’s. We love to play on those gems which aren’t always noticed by Bungie and embrace the community spirit of the Forge. Whether seriously competitive, fun and casual or even the outrageously crazy, we want to review your maps! We also host great games nights regularly and our community have great fun playing on custom maps and help each other improve our forging skill. Drop in and have a look!

The Forging Assembly

Thread updated

My clan has a special section just for forgers. Here’s the site. http://unscspartanblueteam.enjin.com/

> My clan has a special section just for forgers. Here’s the site. http://unscspartanblueteam.enjin.com/

Write me up a brief description with an adequate link to the forge section. Try to post it as I have it above.

> Blueprint, absolutely. Homeboyd903 really does a great job running that group.

Thanks buddy! I have a ton of support from so many people. My work there pales in comparison to some of our regulars.

Does neogaf still have a strong forge community? They did have a pretty awesome map thread at one point.

Also, FyreWulff had set up a group for infection forgers.
http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/zombiecartographers/Group/GroupHome.aspx

It is open to the public, and his goal was to find infections maps to submit through cartographers. Again, with cartographers being up in the air, not sure how viable the group remains, but I assume it will be used again in the future if CC comes back.

Halo Legacy has just moved it’s Map Remakes thread to the Waypoint forums and will be updating it there from now on. here is the link if you could update it for us.

Check out www.podcastcartographer.com for the best Halo community content.

We cover all things Forge, Halo, and Bungie, with an emphasis on awesome community created maps!

We have a new podcast out each week, our second podcast is going to be out this Sunday!

So check out the podcast. Tell your friends, tell your mom, and write a review in iTunes!

iTunes Store link (podcast is not searchable yet, and feed artwork will be up in about 48 hours)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podcast-cartographer/id452605368

If you have any questions about the show email me on waypoint or better yet email podcastcartographer@gmail.com

Bungie.net temporary group page
http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/413748/Group/GroupHome.aspx