GRD Doll/Bob Helmet from Defiant Maps Explained!

Copy and pasted from the Reach forum on Bungie.net:

“David Ellis from 343 commented on the helmet recently and confirmed that they WERE working on new helmets but the feature got cut due to time constraints.”

Here is the Link.<--------Link right there.

I would now like to take this moment as a perfect opportunity to explain to not only 343 industries, but to bs angel also personally, how disappointed I am with every single one of you for not telling us this months ago. Do you have any idea how much time you made people waste searching for something that wasn’t there? I mean sure, it is their choice to spend THEIR time searching for it if they believe it exists, but why make people waste their time? Why not do the right thing, and answer the god -Yoink!- 9,001 messages we, the Halo community have sent you guys, inquiring about so many things such as this helmet or if adding new armor to Reach was possible? Do you like ignoring your fellow Halo fans 343?

Now now, I already know that I should soon expect seeing people saying that I’m butthurt that I don’t have more armor to play dress up with. And you know what? It’s true. I am butt hurt. I am very mad. I’m mad that, I wasted (going back months ago), several hours of my time, searching for ways to unlock this damn thing with the rest of the community, only to be told 77 million years later, that it is currently unobtainable and they never placed it on the damn game. What is this lack of communication between us? Is there too much on your plate right now, that you can’t seem to give us a straight answer on anything? Is there somebody else? Why don’t you love me anymore? Everyday, I see more and more Halo fans complaining about how they can’t get a straight answer out of you guys on just about any subject. And this news just really, really ticked me off. Apologies for going off on a bit of a rant, but please feel free to discuss the news about the helmet.

> Do you have any idea how much time you made people waste searching for something that wasn’t there?

Their own fault for trying to find something that wasn’t there when they were told it wasn’t.

> > Do you have any idea how much time you made people waste searching for something that wasn’t there?
>
> Their own fault for trying to find something that wasn’t there when they were told it wasn’t.

Yes but there was never any official word from 343i that it wasn’t there. We were all from the very beginning, going along with prior information from Bungie employees that adding new armor would have been difficult. There was never a straightforward answer about this helmet from anyone from the start. And without official word, people will keep on doing what they do best. And that’s wasting their time searching for nothing. Like what I did months ago but then finally grew some common sense.

> Is there too much on your plate right now

Halo 4
Halo Reach
Halo Waypoint
“massive, original marketing campaign”

Wow!!! are you serious? Watta fail…Of coarse its easier creating dools than helmets.lol.
Yeah GRD will be the next pre-order gift for H4 ,100% sure.
And yes they will IGNORE your post.

Wow! wish we new sooner huh! pretty awesome find!

Good, mystery solved. Now we all know.

So please, no more GRD threads. Ever.

It’s your fault for getting so hyped up about it when they never said to expect anything. I think they even said before Anniversary’s release that there would be no new armour included in Anniversary (which means hidden and unlocked). Don’t get mad at them for not being informed.

Kind of a shame. Well, 343i have put Eduard Khil to shame regarding trolling.

It was confirmed at Halo Fest during the Halo: Anniversary Multiplayer panel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I6CKZg4WpD0#t=1514s.

You all had confirmation a long time ago.

> It was confirmed at Halo Fest during the Halo: Anniversary Multiplayer panel: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23745054&player=HaloWaypoint.
>
> You all had confirmation a long time ago.

Why does that not link me to proof and only provides a link to a no weapon bloom gametype? They never made it clear anywhere, where they just flat out said “Hey, this helmet doesn’t exist.” If you can link me to where they just flat out say it, without being too vague, I will gladly shut up. All I wanted out of them was a straight answer and they never gave us one which is why I’m very mad. I will admit, I only asked bs angel about it once. However, I know of several people who have messaged employees from 343 asking about the helmet and if it was obtainable or not, and they never received an answer. I also can understand them all being very busy. But by sending at least just one message to one person, it could’ve help stopped several others from asking the same damn thing hundreds of times.

> > It was confirmed at Halo Fest during the Halo: Anniversary Multiplayer panel: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23745054&player=HaloWaypoint.
> >
> > You all had confirmation a long time ago.
>
> Why does that not link me to proof and only provides a link to a no weapon bloom gametype? They never made it clear anywhere, where they just flat out said “Hey, this helmet doesn’t exist.” If you can link me to where they just flat out say it, without being too vague, I will gladly shut up. All I wanted out of them was a straight answer and they never gave us one which is why I’m very mad. I will admit, I only asked bs angel about it once. However, I know of several people who have messaged employees from 343 asking about the helmet and if it was obtainable or not, and they never received an answer. I also can understand them all being very busy. But by sending at least just one message to one person, it could’ve help stopped several others from asking the same damn thing hundreds of times.

Apologies, didn’t notice I pasted that link.

Here you go, will edit original post now.

> > It was confirmed at Halo Fest during the Halo: Anniversary Multiplayer panel: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23745054&player=HaloWaypoint.
> >
> > You all had confirmation a long time ago.
>
> Why does that not link me to proof and only provides a link to a no weapon bloom gametype? They never made it clear anywhere, where they just flat out said “Hey, this helmet doesn’t exist.” If you can link me to where they just flat out say it, without being too vague, I will gladly shut up. All I wanted out of them was a straight answer and they never gave us one which is why I’m very mad. I will admit, I only asked bs angel about it once. However, I know of several people who have messaged employees from 343 asking about the helmet and if it was obtainable or not, and they never received an answer. I also can understand them all being very busy. But by sending at least just one message to one person, it could’ve help stopped several others from asking the same damn thing hundreds of times.

At halofest, 343 was asked if “elites would get any new armor”.
Their answer was “we tried to include new armor but it didn’t work. No new armor period.”

People simply “brushed it off” as an attempt to throw people off.

> > > It was confirmed at Halo Fest during the Halo: Anniversary Multiplayer panel: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23745054&player=HaloWaypoint.
> > >
> > > You all had confirmation a long time ago.
> >
> > Why does that not link me to proof and only provides a link to a no weapon bloom gametype? They never made it clear anywhere, where they just flat out said “Hey, this helmet doesn’t exist.” If you can link me to where they just flat out say it, without being too vague, I will gladly shut up. All I wanted out of them was a straight answer and they never gave us one which is why I’m very mad. I will admit, I only asked bs angel about it once. However, I know of several people who have messaged employees from 343 asking about the helmet and if it was obtainable or not, and they never received an answer. I also can understand them all being very busy. But by sending at least just one message to one person, it could’ve help stopped several others from asking the same damn thing hundreds of times.
>
> At halofest, 343 was asked if “elites would get any new armor”.
> Their answer was “we tried to include new armor but it didn’t work. No new armor period.”
>
> People simply “brushed it off” as an attempt to throw people off.

Never mind. The guy above me already got it. Didn’t notice that. Well then, I guess I owe everyone and 343 an apology. Sorry for going off on a loose cannon. Still, I have to say I am disappointed.

> > > > It was confirmed at Halo Fest during the Halo: Anniversary Multiplayer panel: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23745054&player=HaloWaypoint.
> > > >
> > > > You all had confirmation a long time ago.
> > >
> > > Why does that not link me to proof and only provides a link to a no weapon bloom gametype? They never made it clear anywhere, where they just flat out said “Hey, this helmet doesn’t exist.” If you can link me to where they just flat out say it, without being too vague, I will gladly shut up. All I wanted out of them was a straight answer and they never gave us one which is why I’m very mad. I will admit, I only asked bs angel about it once. However, I know of several people who have messaged employees from 343 asking about the helmet and if it was obtainable or not, and they never received an answer. I also can understand them all being very busy. But by sending at least just one message to one person, it could’ve help stopped several others from asking the same damn thing hundreds of times.
> >
> > At halofest, 343 was asked if “elites would get any new armor”.
> > Their answer was “we tried to include new armor but it didn’t work. No new armor period.”
> >
> > People simply “brushed it off” as an attempt to throw people off.
>
> Can you get me a link? I want to say that sounds really familiar.

For the second time, here you go…

> Good, mystery solved. Now we all know.
>
> So please, no more GRD threads. Ever.