Gray Team

I really hope they bring back Gray team some how and dont kill them off. maybe in another novel or in a side game or in a side story like spartan ops.

Well considering one dumb–Yoink- writer for the company and his obsession with killing off likable characters off screen or on LEVEL -Yoinking!- ONE I wouldn’t put it past them to waste Gray Team in the most underwhelming way possible offscreen just to promote the “awesome new Spartan IVs!”

> 2533274875328566;1:
> I really hope they bring back Gray team some how and dont kill them off. maybe in another novel or in a side game or in a side story like spartan ops.

Don’t give 343 any ideas

Just as long as a particular writer does not receive the privilege of using them in his work, they should be mostly safe from getting: A) Knifed immediately; or B) Killed for some stupid and near meaningless plot.

> 2533275034067023;2:
> Well considering one dumb–Yoink- writer for the company and his obsession with killing off likable characters

Didn’t know George R.R Martin writes Halo novels

We regret to announce the passing of Gray Team. All 3 slipped in the shower this morning, and succumbed to their wounds.

They might get Black teamed.

> 2533274973957410;7:
> They might get Black teamed.

i really hope not :frowning:

> 2533275034067023;2:
> Well considering one dumb–Yoink- writer for the company and his obsession with killing off likable characters off screen or on LEVEL -Yoinking!- ONE I wouldn’t put it past them to waste Gray Team in the most underwhelming way possible offscreen just to promote the “awesome new Spartan IVs!”

It’s been awhile since I’ve read in the Halo Universe, which story/author is this in reference to?

> 2533274973957410;7:
> They might get Black teamed.

RIP

> 2533274825911805;9:
> > 2533275034067023;2:
> > Well considering one dumb–Yoink- writer for the company and his obsession with killing off likable characters off screen or on LEVEL -Yoinking!- ONE I wouldn’t put it past them to waste Gray Team in the most underwhelming way possible offscreen just to promote the “awesome new Spartan IVs!”
>
>
> It’s been awhile since I’ve read in the Halo Universe, which story/author is this in reference to?

I believe they’re referring to Brian Reed, head writer of halo 5 and the author of Rossbach’s World, which IMHO is the most underwhelming story in Halo Fractures.

> 2533274832528714;11:
> > 2533274825911805;9:
> > > 2533275034067023;2:
> > > Well considering one dumb–Yoink- writer for the company and his obsession with killing off likable characters off screen or on LEVEL -Yoinking!- ONE I wouldn’t put it past them to waste Gray Team in the most underwhelming way possible offscreen just to promote the “awesome new Spartan IVs!”
> >
> >
> > It’s been awhile since I’ve read in the Halo Universe, which story/author is this in reference to?
>
>
> I believe they’re referring to Brian Reed, head writer of halo 5 and the author of Rossbach’s World, which IMHO is the most underwhelming story in Halo Fractures.

Yes

Considering how independent and sketch Gray Team tends to be, I doubt they would be much of a team player if they showed up in the game, but it’d be neat if they at least made an appearance to save FT Osiris or Blue Team just in the nick of time style, say something cheeky, and then disappear again.

> 2535411711152989;6:
> We regret to announce the passing of Gray Team. All 3 slipped in the shower this morning, and succumbed to their wounds.

That’s a better death than the one of the Black Team

They would do well in the post H3 climate. Plenty of insurrectionist groups and Covie factions to cause havoc amongst, like Kilo5 on 50 cans of Red Bull downed with a packet of Haribo laced with crack. Would make a nice novel, maybe even s side game…but not with HE-WHO-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED, or the focus group flow charters at -Yoink!- butting in anywhere near it.

Eric Nylund (author of Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx) has said that he has an interest in developing the Grey Team’s story, so y’all with twitter bother him and 343. They’re putting out so many full novels and novellas that a new story revolving around Grey Team probably wouldn’t go amiss. I was actually a little surprised that Eric Nylund wasn’t included as an author in Fractures. Maybe nylund’s done with Halo, but I truly hope not. Does anyone have any insight or suggestion for further action?

> 2535437652903765;4:
> Just as long as a particular writer does not receive the privilege of using them in his work, they should be mostly safe from getting: A) Knifed immediately; or B) Killed for some stupid and near meaningless plot.

Atriox’s set of MJOLNIR armor is quite… grey, wouldn’t one say?

> 2533274942408157;17:
> > 2535437652903765;4:
> > Just as long as a particular writer does not receive the privilege of using them in his work, they should be mostly safe from getting: A) Knifed immediately; or B) Killed for some stupid and near meaningless plot.
>
>
> Atriox’s set of MJOLNIR armor is quite… grey, wouldn’t one say?

True, though, is it actually MJOLNIR? I know lots of it is scavenged and cobbled together using UNSC body armor, for example, an ODST chestplate, but I can’t really see anything that resembles any known MJOLNIR variant.

> 2533274942408157;17:
> > 2535437652903765;4:
> > Just as long as a particular writer does not receive the privilege of using them in his work, they should be mostly safe from getting: A) Knifed immediately; or B) Killed for some stupid and near meaningless plot.
>
>

That would be awful if it was scraps of grey teams armor. I would be devastated.

> 2533274942408157;17:
> > 2535437652903765;4:
>
>

Don’t you put that evil on us, Matt!