Gravity Lift vs. Jet Pack

Now before you vote, the jet pack in question would be a map pick up, sort of like equipment. And it wouldn’t be an armor ability, it would have only limited energy/fuel that in total lasts about 30 seconds with an overheat, so you couldn’t spam it or fly halfway across the map. You could only fly 8-10 seconds until it overheats, and you have a cool down time of 3-5 seconds. Your gun would disappear off screen while using it, so it’s sole purpose would be similar to the gravity lift, only to get you onto structures.

I personally prefer the Jetpack, but as a loadout Armour Ability, because it is extremely versatile and allows for better movement. As a pickup, it would be useless, due to the fact that it would never be around when you need it, and the 30 second thing is a horrible idea. I’d prefer a 2.5 second burn with a 10-15 second recharge. And it should move at an extremely high speed, which would give a reason for the inability to use weapons. And the gravity lift was really stupid. If you put it down slightly wrong, it would be utterly useless and you couldn’t pick it up.

I agree with the gravity lift being pick-upable (lol) I can’t tell you how often I’ve set one down only to find out I put it down two feet too far to the left or right.

> I agree with the gravity lift being pick-upable (lol) I can’t tell you how often I’ve set one down only to find out I put it down two feet too far to the left or right.

Lol lifting the gravity lift. or “Do you even gravity lift?”

Gravity Lift is much better as your team can use it, rather than just you.

I remember losing a Team Slayer game on Highground in Halo 3.
So what we did, was we grabbed the Rocket and Gravity Lift, and all four of us went straight up to Splaser spawn.
While we still lost, we caught up by a good bit.
But anyways, it was good fun and team cooperation.

I support the Gravity Lift.
Because the Gravity Lift supports me, and my team.

Gravity Lift.

While you have significantly nerfed the Jet-Pack, it is still broken due to how it ruins a maps flow and pre-determined routes.

Gravity Lifts on the other hand, is placed to help map flow and is a route itself, helping the map instead of breaking it.

Gravity lift.

I fully support additional abilities, but only if they’re map pickups and one-use only. Since it’s stationary, it can’t be used to fly across maps and it can be used by multiple people at a time. Encourages teamwork, discourages “cheap” tactics, and is still fun.

Grav lift

Also, 8-10 seconds is a lot longer than it sounds, much longer than the H4 jetpack lasts and even the reach jetpack can’t keep rising for that long (although it might kind of keep you up, I can’t remember)

Why can’t we have portable man-cannons? :confused:

Would be useful in Campaign. :smiley: Also, I miss Deployable Covers. There is an art to master…

> Why can’t we have portable man-cannons? :confused:
>
> Would be useful in Campaign. :smiley: Also, I miss Deployable Covers. There is an art to master…

Now I miss equipment.
There were so many fun-to-use ones.
-Gravity Lift
-Deployable Cover
-Flash
-Bubble Shield
-Land Mine
I’m so nostalgic right now.

> > Why can’t we have portable man-cannons? :confused:
> >
> > Would be useful in Campaign. :smiley: Also, I miss Deployable Covers. There is an art to master…
>
> Now I miss equipment.
> There were so many fun-to-use ones.
> -Gravity Lift
> -Deployable Cover
> -Flash
> -Bubble Shield
> -Land Mine
> I’m so nostalgic right now.

Nostalgia aside, they were still fun to use.

> >
> > Would be useful in Campaign. :smiley: Also, I miss Deployable Covers. There is an art to master…
>
> Now I miss equipment.
> -Gravity Lift
> -Deployable Cover
> -Flash
> -Bubble Shield
> -Land Mine

-one of the best Scarab boarding methods
-the launches that can be done with it can be similar to sword flying
-great for equipment jump, it’s a shame it does not work on enemies. Also, I think it helps with screenshot art
-a major game changer when used properly. Can also affect launches
-can be used to enhance various launches, especially box launching

I’m missing H3 equipment even more now. ;.;

The JP would work really well and not be OP, if you could not shoot whilst using it.

This would resolve most of the complaints the JP gets.

> The JP would work really well and not be OP, if you could not shoot whilst using it.
>
> This would resolve most of the complaints the JP gets.

Still overrides map barriers.
Still broken.

> >
>
> Now I miss equipment.
> -Gravity Lift
> -Deployable Cover
> -Flash
> -Bubble Shield
> -Land Mine

• Gravity Lift: I support this over the Jetpack. Everyone keeps telling me how OP’d the JP is but I fail to see a problem with it. IMO, the benefits it gives really aren’t worth wasting an AA slot for at all. Also, The GL can make some great and lulzy traps. Most notably using it on an incoming vehicle that’s trying to splatter you.

• Deployable Cover: Fun fact. Ballistic weapons can shoot through the shielding from the inside of it to the outside.

• Flash: So terrible, I have no idea why they kept it in. It’s only good for lulz as it just ticks people off when it’s used but otherwise useless.

• Bubble Shield: Ah, the most iconic equipment in Halo 3. Surprised they didn’t really bring a form of it back in 4.

• Land Mine: Another piece of equipment I wish they would have brought back. It’s funny because way back when I was first playing Halo 3, my friend used to love putting this in the most tricky places and I kept falling for it. :stuck_out_tongue: Also great for taking out errant vehicles.

Correct answer = Gravity Lift.

Jazzii Man has spoken, no need for further discussion.

(Joking)

> Correct answer = Gravity Lift.
>
> Jazzii Man has spoken, no need for further discussion.

While I agree with your opinion, I must ask that you not treat your opinion as fact.
People don’t respect that.
And your opinion will carry much less weight if you act as such.

> > Correct answer = Gravity Lift.
> >
> > Jazzii Man has spoken, no need for further discussion.
>
> While I agree with your opinion, I must ask that you not treat your opinion as fact.
> People don’t respect that.
> And your opinion will carry much less weight if you act as such.

He was just being humorous.

> > Correct answer = Gravity Lift.
> >
> > Jazzii Man has spoken, no need for further discussion.
>
> While I agree with your opinion, I must ask that you not treat your opinion as fact.
> People don’t respect that.
> And your opinion will carry much less weight if you act as such.

I was… joking.

I’m purposley making fun of the idea that opinions are final. I thought that would have come across.

Where’s the both option? Jetpack can be and has been fun, but so had the Grave lift.