Gravity Hammers but no Brute Shots?

WTF srsly?

Why did they throw out the best and most interesting brute weapon in the series but keep the stupid Grifball roflpopper?

What if I want to use the Brute Shot? Do I have to go back to old games? That’s sick and wrong. No respect, I tell you.

Brutes are not present in Halo 4 (I still don’t really understand why either.) I believe the Hammers in game are mostly ones left after the Human Covenant War.

We already have another Covenant weapon that fires small AoE bombs anyway.

The only reason the hammer is in the game is because of grifball.

> The only reason the hammer is in the game is because of grifball.

I honestly feel that this is the main reason considering Brutes aren’t in the game. Which is kind of dumb really.

Since brutes aren’t in the game I think it would make more since if 343 had given it some Covenant Storm twist and made the Hammer look more like they tampered and changed it.

I would’ve liked to see the Brute Shot in Halo 4, especially with the shiny new graphics.

We still have the Concussion Rifle (though not as good of a replacement) and the Rail Gun for all of the things that the Brute Shot can do.

> We still have the Concussion Rifle (though not as good of a replacement) and the Rail Gun for all of the things that the Brute Shot can do.

The Concussion rifle is literally the same thing as the Brute shot.

Halo 3 had Specific Brute type weaponry (and the concussion rifle wasn’t introduced at the time.) So it was there for variety.

When Reach came and the game focused more on the Elites because they were more in charge than the Brutes were in Halo 3, it made more sense to have the Concussion Rifle as a stand in for the Brute Shot.

Now since Brutes are no longer the focus in Halo 4, it makes way more sense to have the Concussion rifle back.

Gnna miss the mauler and spiker also but then owell n yes im sure its(grav ham) for the grifball fans( im one too)

I hated brute shots. Not too much ammo.

> Gnna miss the mauler and spiker also but then owell n yes im sure its(grav ham) for the grifball fans( im one too)

Ohhhh how wonderful… the days of H3, how nostalgic they truly were

> Gnna miss the mauler and spiker also but then owell n yes im sure its(grav ham) for the grifball fans( im one too)

Definitely Spiker. By far, that was my best automatic weapon.

Concussion Rifles are stupid though. Brute Shots are better.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b96Ae4wqSk0

And the Brute Shot was truly unique. It had a specific blast radius, a specific and unique melee bonus, and great aesthetics.

The Concussion Rifle is just a weaker Fuel Rod Gun. That’s it.

> Gnna miss the <mark>mauler and spiker</mark> also but then owell n yes im sure its(grav ham) for the grifball fans( im one too)

I really do think they’ve missed a great opportunity of expanding the secondary weapons to include SMGs and I liked the mauler as well.

As for the brute shot meh.

But it would of been easy for 343i to include brute weapons into halo 4 even when brutes aren’t in it.

A rebel covenant force that gets their hands on any weapon they can get?

The prized UNSC vessel that has every forerunner artifact to study, why wouldn’t they also be researching covenant tech? It makes as much sense as them simulating the other covenant weapons.

I think it was stupid for getting rid of the brutes, It doesn’t even make sense to bring back the gravham if no brutes are there. but what i don’t get is that the boltshot counts as a secondary but they don’t think to add the mauler in? Why? I am not to upset over the fact that there is no brute shot, but i think it would of been so cool if there was an assassination for the brute shot. The thing i am most upset over is the fact that they didn’t bring back the unicorn rifle(needle rifle) I know many of you can argue that it wasn’t needed because of the carbine, but they put in the br and dmr why cant they to carbine and needle rifle.

If you want to use the brute shot, play Halo 3 or 2. 343 is making the game they want, not what you want. I’m sorry you don’t respect 343, I’ll be playing Halo 4 in November.

The storm fragment of the covenant are likely pirates as they are not as well-organized as the former. Chances are they ‘took’ the hammers during the great schism and afterwards as it is a effective weapon (and for the purpose of grifball). But as for the brute shot…well, the concussion rifle is the Elite equivalent. I’m sure the Elites would prefer their own weaponry over the Brutes.

And canonly, Brutes being out of Halo 4 makes sense. Keep in mind that according to the readable amount of Thursday War, and The Return, Elites and Brutes are still at bitter ends. The only Covie force on Requiem is Storm. And I feel that only Elites, Grunts, Jackals/skirmishers(?) and Hunters make up the roles.

I kind of thought the same thing. It could be a balancing issue.

> I kind of thought the same thing. It could be a balancing issue.

Pretty much. If Brutes are out, why have their version of the Elite-based Concussion Rifle? Especially since, minus melee power, it’s equivalent to it.