Gravity hammer

Will the gravity hammer be able to affect the gravity and objects around it. The effects were not on in the tech preview if there are any effects. The fun part about the weapon is the gravity manipulation.

The blogs they have recently put out mention some fixes to some other physics, so wouldn’t doubt the hammer to be fixed for launch.

I hope its like H3s one it would be nice.

It did look underpowered and sluggish based on the tech preview so I really hope they don’t make it super weak since the hammer is meant to be a powerful hammer and was never anything like “another sword” like some people claim on the recent Halo Waypoint blog.

the gravity hammer physics have felt broken compared to most of the old games, i hope they do make it more powerful physics-wise.

It right thats why the hammer in 4&5 was bad Reach was ehh but 3 was always the best

I don’t like the slowness to it in Infinite, I prefer the speed from Halo 4 Halo 5 era; I loved the Grav. Hammer in that area.

> 2533274911869879;7:
> I don’t like the slowness to it in Infinite, I prefer the speed from Halo 4 Halo 5 era; I loved the Grav. Hammer in that area.

The slow speed combined with larger area of affect is literally what distinguishes it from the sword. I can’t believe more people don’t get this. The hammer historically may as well have just been a sword reskin, the gameplay mechanics between the two were that negligible.

> 2535470395434446;8:
> > 2533274911869879;7:
> > I don’t like the slowness to it in Infinite, I prefer the speed from Halo 4 Halo 5 era; I loved the Grav. Hammer in that area.
>
> The slow speed combined with larger area of affect is literally what distinguishes it from the sword. I can’t believe more people don’t get this. The hammer historically may as well have just been a sword reskin, the gameplay mechanics between the two were that negligible.

The problem isn’t really that it’s slower than the sword. It’s straight up slow in comparison to previous Halo titles. That was the first thing I noticed during the Tech Preview, and thought about how it might affect the most important game type - Grifball. The larger AoE is fine, it just needs a boost in speed/reaction to a click of a button.

> 2533274911869879;7:
> I don’t like the slowness to it in Infinite, I prefer the speed from Halo 4 Halo 5 era; I loved the Grav. Hammer in that area.

I like the weight and slowness of the hammer. When you swing it, It makes the hammer feel powerful and with the area of affect damage.

Hoping, 343i are adding a nice gravity physics for it and the surrounding object.

> 2535470395434446;8:
> > 2533274911869879;7:
> > I don’t like the slowness to it in Infinite, I prefer the speed from Halo 4 Halo 5 era; I loved the Grav. Hammer in that area.
>
> The slow speed combined with larger area of affect is literally what distinguishes it from the sword. I can’t believe more people don’t get this. The hammer historically may as well have just been a sword reskin, the gameplay mechanics between the two were that negligible.

I don’t know…I didn’t realise that the Energy Sword had the following traits/properties:

• A wide area of effect - the potential to hit multiple targets (due to the area of effect) - the ability to displace objects and send them flying - the possibility of redirecting certain incoming projectiles - launches you backwards a bit when you swing it in Halo 3 & ODST (the effect is slightly stronger in ODST, I think) - an alternate melee attack that isn’t as strong, only strikes one target, and lacks the gravity displacement effect, but doesn’t drain energyAs if those numerous gameplay differences weren’t enough, there is also the fact that the Gravity Hammer is a, well…a HAMMER. It’s not a sword, it doesn’t look anything like a sword. I don’t know how anyone can look at the Gravity HAMMER and say “ah, a sword” when it looks or sounds nothing like one, nor does it feel like one when used.

Interestingly, the Gravity Hammer we had in the Halo Infinite flight appeared to be lacking many of the features the one in the older games possessed, with only a slow, deliberate swing animation as a new addition. So, if anything, it is that Gravity Hammer which is more comparable to the Energy Sword in terms of gameplay mechanics, don’t you think?

Yeah when i hit an enemy with a hammer I wanna see him go flying

the gravity hammer’s AOE wasn’t large enough to justify its slow wind-up. I have no idea how feedback on it was so split, it was clearly underpowered and will be overshadowed by the energy sword.

> 2535406260637191;11:
> > 2535470395434446;8:
> > > 2533274911869879;7:
> > > I don’t like the slowness to it in Infinite, I prefer the speed from Halo 4 Halo 5 era; I loved the Grav. Hammer in that area.
> >
> > The slow speed combined with larger area of affect is literally what distinguishes it from the sword. I can’t believe more people don’t get this. The hammer historically may as well have just been a sword reskin, the gameplay mechanics between the two were that negligible.
>
> I don’t know…I didn’t realise that the Energy Sword had the following traits/properties:
> - A wide area of effect - the potential to hit multiple targets (due to the area of effect) - the ability to displace objects and send them flying - the possibility of redirecting certain incoming projectiles - launches you backwards a bit when you swing it in Halo 3 & ODST (the effect is slightly stronger in ODST, I think) - an alternate melee attack that isn’t as strong, only strikes one target, and lacks the gravity displacement effect, but doesn’t drain energyAs if those numerous gameplay differences weren’t enough, there is also the fact that the Gravity Hammer is a, well…a HAMMER. It’s not a sword, it doesn’t look anything like a sword. I don’t know how anyone can look at the Gravity HAMMER and say “ah, a sword” when it looks or sounds nothing like one, nor does it feel like one when used.
>
> Interestingly, the Gravity Hammer we had in the Halo Infinite flight appeared to be lacking many of the features the one in the older games possessed, with only a slow, deliberate swing animation as a new addition. So, if anything, it is that Gravity Hammer which is more comparable to the Energy Sword in terms of gameplay mechanics, don’t you think?

You’re clutching at straws. Like I already said, most of those differences are so negligible that both weapons historically amount to virtually the same playstyle. Stuff like redirecting projectile and sending objects flying is pretty irrelevant considering half the time those actions aren’t even intentional, and the wide area of effect you mentioned is so insignificant in past games compared to the AOE in Infinite (which is much closer to how it should be).

The fact is whether you had a sword or hammer, it rarely made a difference in the way you played, and fights between hammer and sword wielding players were always incredibly dull exactly for that reason.

No one said the hammer looks like a sword, don’t be obtuse, you’re much better than that.

I like the style of the new gravity hammer in the test flight, just need more physics like Halo 3.

> 2535470395434446;14:
> > 2535406260637191;11:
> > > 2535470395434446;8:
> > > > 2533274911869879;7:
> > > > I don’t like the slowness to it in Infinite, I prefer the speed from Halo 4 Halo 5 era; I loved the Grav. Hammer in that area.
> > >
> > > The slow speed combined with larger area of affect is literally what distinguishes it from the sword. I can’t believe more people don’t get this. The hammer historically may as well have just been a sword reskin, the gameplay mechanics between the two were that negligible.
> >
> > I don’t know…I didn’t realise that the Energy Sword had the following traits/properties:
> > - A wide area of effect - the potential to hit multiple targets (due to the area of effect) - the ability to displace objects and send them flying - the possibility of redirecting certain incoming projectiles - launches you backwards a bit when you swing it in Halo 3 & ODST (the effect is slightly stronger in ODST, I think) - an alternate melee attack that isn’t as strong, only strikes one target, and lacks the gravity displacement effect, but doesn’t drain energyAs if those numerous gameplay differences weren’t enough, there is also the fact that the Gravity Hammer is a, well…a HAMMER. It’s not a sword, it doesn’t look anything like a sword. I don’t know how anyone can look at the Gravity HAMMER and say “ah, a sword” when it looks or sounds nothing like one, nor does it feel like one when used.
> >
> > Interestingly, the Gravity Hammer we had in the Halo Infinite flight appeared to be lacking many of the features the one in the older games possessed, with only a slow, deliberate swing animation as a new addition. So, if anything, it is that Gravity Hammer which is more comparable to the Energy Sword in terms of gameplay mechanics, don’t you think?
>
> You’re clutching at straws. Like I already said, most of those differences are so negligible that both weapons historically amount to virtually the same playstyle. Stuff like redirecting projectile and sending objects flying is pretty irrelevant considering half the time those actions aren’t even intentional, and the wide area of effect you mentioned is so insignificant in past games compared to the AOE in Infinite (which is much closer to how it should be).
>
> The fact is whether you had a sword or hammer, it rarely made a difference in the way you played, and fights between hammer and sword wielding players were always incredibly dull exactly for that reason.
>
> No one said the hammer looks like a sword, don’t be obtuse, you’re much better than that.

not really the hammer almost always win in that fight

I get the argument about differentiating it from the sword. Still, swing speed is just a couple milliseconds too slow. I think the devs making it slower is what keeps it from being way too OP.

Fixes needed:

• Hammer needs to affect "Gravity", physics and objects in hit area (hence as the name implies) - Visuals needed to help people understand what the hit area is - Very slight swing speed increase

> 2533274833380004;17:
> I get the argument about differentiating it from the sword. Still, swing speed is just a couple milliseconds too slow. I think the devs making it slower is what keeps it from being way too OP.
>
> Fixes needed:
> - Hammer needs to affect "Gravity", physics and objects in hit area (hence as the name implies) - Visuals needed to help people understand what the hit area is - Very slight swing speed increase

All valid points

> 2533274799466540;16:
> > 2535470395434446;14:
> > > 2535406260637191;11:
> > > > 2535470395434446;8:
> > > > > 2533274911869879;7:
> > > > > I don’t like the slowness to it in Infinite, I prefer the speed from Halo 4 Halo 5 era; I loved the Grav. Hammer in that area.
> > > >
> > > > The slow speed combined with larger area of affect is literally what distinguishes it from the sword. I can’t believe more people don’t get this. The hammer historically may as well have just been a sword reskin, the gameplay mechanics between the two were that negligible.
> > >
> > > I don’t know…I didn’t realise that the Energy Sword had the following traits/properties:
> > > - A wide area of effect - the potential to hit multiple targets (due to the area of effect) - the ability to displace objects and send them flying - the possibility of redirecting certain incoming projectiles - launches you backwards a bit when you swing it in Halo 3 & ODST (the effect is slightly stronger in ODST, I think) - an alternate melee attack that isn’t as strong, only strikes one target, and lacks the gravity displacement effect, but doesn’t drain energyAs if those numerous gameplay differences weren’t enough, there is also the fact that the Gravity Hammer is a, well…a HAMMER. It’s not a sword, it doesn’t look anything like a sword. I don’t know how anyone can look at the Gravity HAMMER and say “ah, a sword” when it looks or sounds nothing like one, nor does it feel like one when used.
> > >
> > > Interestingly, the Gravity Hammer we had in the Halo Infinite flight appeared to be lacking many of the features the one in the older games possessed, with only a slow, deliberate swing animation as a new addition. So, if anything, it is that Gravity Hammer which is more comparable to the Energy Sword in terms of gameplay mechanics, don’t you think?
> >
> > You’re clutching at straws. Like I already said, most of those differences are so negligible that both weapons historically amount to virtually the same playstyle. Stuff like redirecting projectile and sending objects flying is pretty irrelevant considering half the time those actions aren’t even intentional, and the wide area of effect you mentioned is so insignificant in past games compared to the AOE in Infinite (which is much closer to how it should be).
> >
> > The fact is whether you had a sword or hammer, it rarely made a difference in the way you played, and fights between hammer and sword wielding players were always incredibly dull exactly for that reason.
> >
> > No one said the hammer looks like a sword, don’t be obtuse, you’re much better than that.
>
> not really the hammer almost always win in that fight

You literally just reinforced my point…

I said hammer v sword fights were incredibly dull. Hammer always beating sword is one of the prime reasons why

> 2683394777983320;15:
> I like the style of the new gravity hammer in the test flight, just need more physics like Halo 3.

honestly something about hitting someone with the hammer and them flying back and slamming into the wall leaving a blood splatter is what makes halo 3’s hammer so good