Gravity hammer swing time and registration

If anyone else has thoughts on the Gravity Hammer I’d love to hear it. To me it seems to take forever to swing and the hit registration is very inconsistent. Sometimes I’ll hit someone directly and they don’t die, other times I’ll kill them from far (relative) away. Thoughts?

The swing if very slow compared to the other games. I know the grifball community largely disapproves this iteration of the hammer.

I actually quite enjoy this iteration it makes it feel like it weighs as much as it looks like the thing is almost as big as a spartan and using it in combination with the grapple is probably the most satisfying thing in the game right now.

> 2533274816702503;1:
> If anyone else has thoughts on the Gravity Hammer I’d love to hear it. To me it seems to take forever to swing and the hit registration is very inconsistent. Sometimes I’ll hit someone directly and they don’t die, other times I’ll kill them from far (relative) away. Thoughts?

Okay, I thought it was just me. I didn’t fool around with the grav hammer a lot but it definitely felt slower and with a smaller splash radius than previous.

Slow but deadly. I haven’t had any problems with the hits registering but I mean, if it’s gonna be a one hit kill, might as well try and balance it with a slower hit. Infinite is pretty fast itself so having a super fast gravity hammer, you’d be Overpowered. Wonder if they’ll have any variants of the weapons like in Halo 5.

It took me a few swings to get it through my skull, but yeah, no issues here - it’s different, & different ain’t always bad, I think it works with the gameplay Infinite MP is aiming at.

It reminded me a bit of the “Grinder” variant from Halo 5: more powerful, but slower. Agreed, there’s something slightly off about its damage zone. I felt like I had a hard time knowing when exactly was the right time to swing to get the kill, hadn’t had that problem with other hammers. Practice would make perfect, tho. I don’t mind that it’s “different,” I just have to learn better how it’s different.

From what I’ve observed, it looks like it throws most of its power into a semi distant splash ahead of itself instead of creating an immediate area of effect in front of the player. I’ve seen people slam the hammer down and someone like 7 feet away will just die and the player will be granted the kill. I’m wondering if there will be two different versions down the road to appease Grifball players? Or if we’re just stuck with this singular hammer? I don’t care either way.

Swings way too slow imo. Also there has been alot of times when I nearly hit someone but they didn’t die. Bigger splash radius?

I get the want for realism, but since former iterations of the hammer had faster swing times, among other things. I don’t think in-game lore reasons is enough to justify the change. The past Gravity Hammers felt nice to use and still gave the feeling of a giant hammer being thrown down into someone’s spine.

I do think the start up is a little long, given that these are super soldiers they should be able to swing the hammer relatively quick, but I mean it should NOT be a Frame 0 starter, that’s for sure.

You gotta give the effect that your swinging a lot of weight around.

The animation fits it perfectly.

The swing time could definitely be improved in the future flights I hope. As with my experience I was nearly dead when I went to attack the next enemy due to its slowness of the animation.

> 2533274816702503;1:
> If anyone else has thoughts on the Gravity Hammer I’d love to hear it. To me it seems to take forever to swing and the hit registration is very inconsistent. Sometimes I’ll hit someone directly and they don’t die, other times I’ll kill them from far (relative) away. Thoughts?

The gravity hammer swing was rather slow but doable. But the hit marker required two to three hits to kill the bots. It seemed like sometimes when the bots had the gravity hammer it was a horrifyingly ironic experience when it would take one headshot with gravity hammer or two body hits.
I will say one of the scariest moments was when I rounded the corner and met up with 343 Chili’s and was decimated flying across the room. :rofl:

Swing time is slower on purpose. The Gravity Hammer in Infinite operates slightly like Tartarus’ Gavel from Halo 5, wherein it has a front cone AOE attack when you swing, which has ridiculous range as compared to the previous hammers. The slow swing is a counterbalance for this, meaning the hammer requires some semblance of skill to be able to use efficiently. As far as hits registering, if you hit an enemy and they don’t outright die from the blast but their shields get knocked, that just means they were at full shields and slightly out of range.
I love this gravity Hammer. Probably my favorite so far

Swinging time and damage distance need some tweaking. It needs better kill physics too. Either send victims flying backwards or crumple them into the ground.

Sometimes when swinging the gravity hammer wouldn’t do any affect to a bot which was quite annoying but really wasn’t too long of a swing and range was a bit short imo

> 2533274816702503;1:

I felt like the hammer was generally pretty weak and just felt like a big hammer rather than a gravity hammer (especially SFX wise.)

Seemed almost like a burden, without much of a runup/range to your swing

I have no idea why the gravity hammer needs this gigantic instakill AOE attack in the first place(which is why it swings so slow), its like they looked at everything that made the Halo 3 gravity hammer fun to use and decided to do the opposite of that.