Gravity Boots v2

Gravity Boots (GB) allow the player to run up vertical walls. GB gradually drain a meter once activated similar to Sprint.

Only walls that are joined to the ground at a smooth, curving angle can be run up. This will serve to moderate use of GB as well as alert the player that GB can be used on that wall. Walls curving towards the ground could be a theme in Forerunner architecture.

While in environments with gravity, GB require momentum to move up vertical walls. Jogging into a wall allows you to run a short distance up the wall. Sprinting into the wall will allow you to run a greater distance up the wall. Jumping while on a vertical wall will cause your Spartan to push off the wall, flip and land feet first on the ground.

Combined with the Thrust Pack, zero gravity battles will truely take place in 3 dimensions. Players walking on the floors and walls as well as thrusting through open space. Momentum is not required to stay on a vertical wall in zero gravity. A player could stop and stand on a wall in zero gravity. Stopping on a vertical wall in gravity would cause your Spartan to slide back down the wall.

Battles on the outside of a space ship come to mind when thinking about the situations that GB would really shine.

The Jetpack in Reach added a new variability of movement on the Z axis. GB will retain the theme of vertical mobility but with the balancing factor of only being usable on certain walls. It gives power to the map designer to be able to dictate where the player can go vertical.

Sprint, Thrust pack, Gravity boots. None of these 3 things will ever make it into halo 4.

They said the teaser trailer had nothing to do with the actuall game.

> Sprint, Thrust pack, Gravity boots. None of these 3 things will ever make it into halo 4.
>
> They said the teaser trailer had nothing to do with the actuall game.

…ummm they said the armor was changing that is about it for that trailer.
The thrust pack is staying with his armor.
Where did you get info that said the teaser trailer had nothing to do with the game?

Just to clarify, when I say “walls joined to the ground at a smooth, curving angle” I mean for you to picture a small quarter pipe that joins the ground to the wall. Your spartan would naturally continue running up the gradual incline instead of just smacking his face into a wall that was joined perpendicularly to the ground.

Gravity Boots and the Thrust Pack also employ the theme of Push and Pull. Gravity Boots pull you to the ground while the Thrust Pack pushes you from the ground.

This is Halo, not Dead Space 2.

I don’t like this idea because I don’t want sprint in halo.

> I don’t like this idea because I don’t want sprint in halo.

Picture the idea without Sprint. What do you think of it then?

Play the Halo 3 map Distortion for an extended period of time. If you don’t get dizzy and disoriented then I would consider it. That map gave me a headache though as cool as it was.

This wouldn’t be very useful in campaign,and it would DESTROY mulitplayer!

How about in Forge you can just get boundaries,like kill boundaries,except they will have an arrow(much like a skull for kill boundaries).The area contained within the boundary will have gravity changed in the direction of the arrow,causing players and objects to fall in that direction.You could also have the ability to stop gravity.This would be cool for:

-minigames

-Acheivement HORSE maps

-racetracks if you wish to put in a loop d loop or stop gravity for a wide jump.

-zero-g map environments (Countdown,Anchor 9)

-Anything else that is insane and creative!

This would be awesome in forge and customs for people with big imaginations,but not for matchmaking. I would prefer this over some new equipment that would just be an unfair advantage to noobs.

Sorry if you don’t think this involves his topic,im expressing my ideas.

> > Sprint, Thrust pack, Gravity boots. None of these 3 things will ever make it into halo 4.
> >
> > They said the teaser trailer had nothing to do with the actuall game.
>
> …ummm they said the armor was changing that is about it for that trailer.
> The thrust pack is staying with his armor.
> Where did you get info that said the teaser trailer had nothing to do with the game?

Exactly.The giant forerunner planet that Chief is being pulled into is clearly not being excluded from the game,for it is almost certain that the majority of h4 will occur inside it. Also,343 has a long time to make up their mind,they will probably stay to the core aspect of chief waking up w/ new armor, being pulled into the planet,and fighting whatever battle takes place there.

Instead of draining a meter, the use of Gravity Boots will be tied directly to momentum. The faster you run at a wall, the higher you can run up it. This way the user doesn’t have to do anything besides run at the correct wall type in order to use the Gravity Boots. It keeps the user’s thoughts on what they are doing and who they are fighting instead of how to use the tools at their disposal.

no. just no.