gravemind still alive

Was on halonation (halowiki) and saw an artical that said the gravemind escaped the ark. Can anyone confirm or deny

> Was on halonation (halowiki) and saw an artical that said the gravemind escaped the ark. Can anyone confirm or deny

It escaped to halo, but when the ark and Halo were destroyed, it too was destroyed. It did not survive the events of Halo 3.

> > Was on halonation (halowiki) and saw an artical that said the gravemind escaped the ark. Can anyone confirm or deny
>
> It escaped to halo, but when the ark and Halo were destroyed, it too was destroyed. It did not survive the events of Halo 3.

However on Halo Nation,the Gravemind’s profile states that it can rebuild itself as long as their is still Flood in the Galaxy,It’s body was destroyed,but it is still alive,in a type of conscienceness anyways.

Maybe it’s the theme of halo 4?
ouch, i’m tired of killing floods. I hope that new enemies for halo 4 would be nice and fresh

Anyone know who Mendicant Bias and AdjutantReflex are? And where do they fit in the Halo backstory?

[SPOILER OF CRYPTUM]
Gravemind could be related to the last Precursor or all of them, in case they created the Flood. Could a Precursor host Gravemind’s mind and essence? Anyway, remember that the Halo Construct 01 seems to be fully-Flood-infected, even its surface, a new Gravemind could take place there…

An please, no more Floods in Halo 4, I’m tired of the same enemies all over again…

> Anyone know who Mendicant Bias and AdjutantReflex are? And where do they fit in the Halo backstory?

Off Topic: Mendicant Bias was an AI created by Forerunners to “talk” with the old Gravemind and stop it, but an the end Graveming converted it to his purpose and fighted the Forerunners. So they created a similar AI called Offensive Bias to fight Mendicant, which was trying to stop Halo Array’s activation. Offensive, once the Halos were fired, decided to bring back Mendicant to the Ark, splitting it between the Dreadnoughts (sorry for bad spelling), but almost none of those ships arrive the Ark.
A part of Mendicant laid inside the dreadnought inside High Charity until it was destroyed by Cortana.

On Topic: Could the Gravemind lay in those Forerunners ship yet?

I don’t know about Adjutant Reflex…

> [SPOILER OF CRYPTUM]
> Gravemind could be related to the last Precursor or all of them, in case they created the Flood. Could a Precursor host Gravemind’s mind and essence? Anyway, remember that the Halo Construct 01 seems to be fully-Flood-infected, even its surface, a new Gravemind could take place there…
>
> An please, no more Floods in Halo 4, I’m tired of the same enemies all over again…
>
>
>
> > Anyone know who Mendicant Bias and AdjutantReflex are? And where do they fit in the Halo backstory?
>
> Off Topic: Mendicant Bias was an AI created by Forerunners to “talk” with the old Gravemind and stop it, but an the end Graveming converted it to his purpose and fighted the Forerunners. So they created a similar AI called Offensive Bias to fight Mendicant, which was trying to stop Halo Array’s activation. Offensive, once the Halos were fired, decided to bring back Mendicant to the Ark, splitting it between the Dreadnoughts (sorry for bad spelling), but almost none of those ships arrive the Ark.
> A part of Mendicant laid inside the dreadnought inside High Charity until it was destroyed by Cortana.
>
> On Topic: Could the Gravemind lay in those Forerunners ship yet?
>
> I don’t know about Adjutant Reflex…

thx for the info

> [SPOILER OF CRYPTUM]
> Gravemind could be related to the last Precursor or all of them, in case they created the Flood. Could a Precursor host Gravemind’s mind and essence? Anyway, remember that the Halo Construct 01 seems to be fully-Flood-infected, even its surface, a new Gravemind could take place there…
>
> An please, no more Floods in Halo 4, I’m tired of the same enemies all over again…
>
>
>
> > Anyone know who Mendicant Bias and AdjutantReflex are? And where do they fit in the Halo backstory?
>
> Off Topic: Mendicant Bias was an AI created by Forerunners to “talk” with the old Gravemind and stop it, but an the end Graveming converted it to his purpose and fighted the Forerunners. So they created a similar AI called Offensive Bias to fight Mendicant, which was trying to stop Halo Array’s activation. Offensive, once the Halos were fired, decided to bring back Mendicant to the Ark, splitting it between the Dreadnoughts (sorry for bad spelling), but almost none of those ships arrive the Ark.
> A part of Mendicant laid inside the dreadnought inside High Charity until it was destroyed by Cortana.
>
> On Topic: Could the Gravemind lay in those Forerunners ship yet?
>
> I don’t know about Adjutant Reflex…

Alot of what was posted here is, in part, speculation.

You must also remember that Mendicant Bias was created with the ability to control up to 5 rings of the, originally 12 strong Halo Array. And Mendicant Bias’ betrayal to the forerunners also led to Halo being used against both the Flood AND the Galaxy.

It was also never fully confirmed that Cortana destroyed the sliver of Mendicant Bias that existed on the Dreadnought (provided it even was just a sliver), but rather the Terminals in Halo 3 may have been in some relation to the Dreadnought landing on the Ark allowing Mendicant to spread into the Ark’s systems and proceed with it’s plans to undo the wrongs it did, and actually assist the Reclaimers in upholding the Mantle and defeating the Flood.

Though as far as we’ve seen it’s fairly safe to presume the Flood are STILL the most threatening enemy the galaxy has yet to face. There are likely still several Flood controlled Covenant ships, Flood still infest Installation 05, and likely have some level of infestation on the other Halo rings AND, of course, some of the Shield Worlds or other related Forerunner facilities.

> Alot of what was posted here is, in part, speculation.
>
> You must also remember that Mendicant Bias was created with the ability to control up to 5 rings of the, originally 12 strong Halo Array. And Mendicant Bias’ betrayal to the forerunners also led to Halo being used against both the Flood AND the Galaxy.
>
> It was also never fully confirmed that Cortana destroyed the sliver of Mendicant Bias that existed on the Dreadnought (provided it even was just a sliver), but rather the Terminals in Halo 3 may have been in some relation to the Dreadnought landing on the Ark allowing Mendicant to spread into the Ark’s systems and proceed with it’s plans to undo the wrongs it did, and actually assist the Reclaimers in upholding the Mantle and defeating the Flood.
>
> Though as far as we’ve seen it’s fairly safe to presume the Flood are STILL the most threatening enemy the galaxy has yet to face. There are likely still several Flood controlled Covenant ships, Flood still infest Installation 05, and likely have some level of infestation on the other Halo rings AND, of course, some of the Shield Worlds or other related Forerunner facilities.

Yes, you’re right, thanks for the clearance!

I really hope 343i to surprise us all with the new books and games saying for example that the Flood were counting on that large line of events and have a bigger plan or orders from that ‘ancient evil’…

I doubt the Flood answers to anyone. They are a single mind with a single never ending purpose: Feed, Consume, Assimilate.

That’s it.

The Prisoner/Alleged Precursor may have escaped, or may also have been killed. What the answer to that question is we will have to wait for the rest of the trilogy to know. But if he is a precursor, and the Forerunners truly did wipe his race out. I feel he is another threat we will see resolve by the end of the book series, not to continue on to Halo 4.

Well I watched a video on Halo waypoint and it said that it is unknown if the Flood is on the other halo rings, so gravemind is dead but it is unknown about the “Flood”

> > > Was on halonation (halowiki) and saw an artical that said the gravemind escaped the ark. Can anyone confirm or deny
> >
> > It escaped to halo, but when the ark and Halo were destroyed, it too was destroyed. It did not survive the events of Halo 3.
>
> However on Halo Nation,the Gravemind’s profile states that it can rebuild itself as long as their is still Flood in the Galaxy,It’s body was destroyed,but it is still alive,in a type of conscienceness anyways.

Yep, the Halo 2-3 gravemind is long gone but as long as the flood are around then we could see a new gravemind.

> > > > Was on halonation (halowiki) and saw an artical that said the gravemind escaped the ark. Can anyone confirm or deny
> > >
> > > It escaped to halo, but when the ark and Halo were destroyed, it too was destroyed. It did not survive the events of Halo 3.
> >
> > However on Halo Nation,the Gravemind’s profile states that it can rebuild itself as long as their is still Flood in the Galaxy,It’s body was destroyed,but it is still alive,in a type of conscienceness anyways.
>
> Yep, the Halo 2-3 gravemind is long gone but as long as the flood are around then we could see a new gravemind.

well through the novles it is known that there are 2 graveminds and mc only killed one

No it’s not. I’ve read all the books and graphic novels. It never tells of a second gravemind.

We only know it is a possibility because if their are several separate groups of Flood incapable of communication with one another, they will form their own separate hive mind.

So there may be any number of other Graveminds depending on the level of any other Flood outbreaks in, or out of, the Galaxy. But no other Gravemind was truly confirmed as existing at this time in Halo’s fiction.

My hope is that we discover the Flood somewhere else, and through their outbreak, ACCIDENTALLY see the creation of a new Gravemind. One with, perhaps, ties to Flood the old gravemind had effected on Delta Halo that may have been left behind by High Charity.

While I do agree that fighting the Flood has become a bit monotonous, I do recognize that they are, or nearly are, the central focus of the storyline.

One wonders how they can be worked into H4 without the monotony. One item thought, it would be interesting to fight the Flood swarms that are in Halo Wars. Probabaly just as big as a pain in the keysters as drones on Legendary.

The Flood most likely have another Gravemind somewhere. They’re an interstellar parasite, meaning they can travel between stars using captured ships or some other unknown means of travel. It would be an incredibly bad move for an intelligent species to ship their main source of intelligence to an unknown area to propagate. Instead I’d imagine the Flood Gravemind would send a Proto-Gravemind far out into space to spread the infestation, which would later become the Halo 2 and 3 Gravemind.

I have a hunch that somehow part of the Halo 2/3 Gravemind escaped, maybe even entering the Ark’s collapsing portal at the same time the Chief and Arbiter were escaping or possibly stowing away, in part or in whole, inside the Forward Unto Dawn (Probably hiding inside the rear cargo holds, but probably not in the hangar).

Also, assuming the Flood still exists on Installation 05 (Halo 2 Installation) it could be possible that another Gravemind was created once the Halo 2/3 Gravemind left on High Charity. Also, considering there are still 6 Halos remaining, it would be plausible that some Flood escaped on those installations also, and maybe fed off the local population enough to create a Gravemind.

In additon, the Forerunners were the guardians of the Mantle, which is basically the essence of the Universe. The Librarian and her followers were charged with the responsibility of collecting intelligent life from the corners of the galaxy, and although the Forerunners were in a deep war with the Flood, it could be plausible that they devolved the Flood and stored some on the Ark or in Shield Worlds. After all, the Forerunners did defeat the Humans in a deadly war, but even in their hatred they decided to uphold the responsibility of the Mantle and chose to save the Human race, although they did devolve them. Would it not be the same with the Flood?

Sorry that I’m going so in depth with this but I just wanted to point out multiple examples of how the Flood could have regenerated and formed a Gravemind.

who knows, their might be one on another halo.
oh, and cryptum states that the flood are not intergalactic. during the human-flood war they were pushed out of the galaxy and until 300 years prior to the cryptum story arc they kept to themselves there.

> who knows, their might be one on another halo.
> oh, and cryptum states that the flood are not intergalactic. during the human-flood war they were pushed out of the galaxy and until 300 years prior to the cryptum story arc they kept to themselves there.

It never states they weren’t intergalactic. Remember, Humans found the original flood spores aboard an ancient ship of unknown origin.

The flood is a parasite. It doesnt feed on flesh and bone, it assimilates it and feeds on the sentience of the host.

The gravemind is the result of the collective ‘sentience’ of flood in any given location reaching a ‘critical mass’, and acts as a central nervous system to the proximate flood.

Without a gravemind, the flood runs on a basic instinct, rather like zombies; spread, infect, assimilate.

With a gravemind the flood becomes a whole different monster, capable of ordering its collective parts and learning from the experiances of the hosts to its subordinate ‘individuals’.

The gravemind from halo 2/3 was destroyed with I-00 and the reconstructed I-04.

If all halos had flood samples on them, not all of them would have broken containment, and less would have reached the critical mass to spawn a gravemind. I-04 only broke containment due to covenant interferance. And Delta halo managed to break containment without outside intervention, apparently, and it is unclear as to where the sufficient number of hosts came from to spawn the gravemind (possibly the forerunners themselves?)

Onyx and the shield world from ‘Ghosts of Onyx’ are completely different. Onyx was a ‘regular’ planet sized construct made of millions of sentinels ‘burried’ in the disguise of a planet. At the senter of Onyx was a portal to the shield world mention at the end of the novel;

’No one, not even Dr. Halsey, had been prepared for this.
Overhead blazed a golden sun. The sky, if it could be called that, was robin’s-egg blue at the horizon but quickly deepend to indigo and black the higher one looked, then warmed again as it neared the sun. There were no stars.
The surface stretched out in all directions – meadows, rivers, lakes, forests, winding pathss all perfectly flat. All flat, that is, until Linda sighted through her Oracle scope. She then discovered every horizon sloped upward untill these curving surfaces vanished in the extreme distance.
Linda said it felt like being at the bottom of a large bowl.
Dr. Halsey had assured them they most definately were not in a ""bowl."
"A sphere," she said, repeating this for the third time to Chief Mendez, “is where we are.”'
#above is quoted from the last chapter of ‘Ghosts of Onyx’#
This obscenely large construct is 'possibly’ what the chief is entering in the H4 trailer, it is also entirely possible that he is entering a differnt, but similar, instalation.

So the chances of finding a hiden fortress world in deep space, possibly outside or at the edge of our galaxy, are almost nil (baring in mind the chief’s bad habit of taking probability, and making playdo stick figures with it…), the only probable way of finding/reaching this instalation is to know where it is, or use the now closed portal at the center of Onyx surrounded by millions of sentinels on agressive defence.
So if there is a gravemind out there waiting for us in H4, it will be lying dormant on this instalation, having consumed all available sentient bio-mass. and the last one didnt fare too well against a single spartan… now it will have to contend with a whole team of them.

Personaly i think the flood are out, atleast for now, maybe they will be in H5/6, but not 4.

Hope that makes things a little clearer for some people, and alot cleared for others.

> Was on halonation (halowiki) and saw an artical that said the gravemind escaped the ark. Can anyone confirm or deny

A helpful tip is to NOT use halo wiki
If you must use a wiki i would suggest Halopedian.com
Still a wiki so not completely reliable but much more heavily moderated