Grav hammer launching player

Hey guys I just noticed that sometimes the gravity hammer causes me to launch quite high into the air when I am using it randomly. It seems like a new bug. Anyone else experiencing this in firefight?

> 2533274849645270;1:
> Hey guys I just noticed that sometimes the gravity hammer causes me to launch quite high into the air when I am using it randomly. It seems like a new bug. Anyone else experiencing this in firefight?

When you use it normaly or when you jump and then you use it in the air?

Do you have a video?

> 2533274870003168;2:
> > 2533274849645270;1:
> > Hey guys I just noticed that sometimes the gravity hammer causes me to launch quite high into the air when I am using it randomly. It seems like a new bug. Anyone else experiencing this in firefight?
>
> When you use it normaly or when you jump and then you use it in the air?
>
> Do you have a video?

Don’t have a vid, but I was just walking forward and swinging the hammer and I got launched into the air. I was walking up a slope. This happened a few times randomly. Also sometimes when I am walking forward and swing I get knocked back a little, I think that’s normal, but it felt a bit stronger than it should have I think.

Another strange thing, when I was killing enemies with it, It would look like I got pushed back quite a ways, but then I would suddenly teleport back to where I was. May have been a connection issue more than an issue with the hammer.

The Gravity hammer in ODST has quite a bit of knockback compared to how it is in 3 due to you being a ODST. This is probably just you getting launched from the knockback of the hammer when you use it.

> 2535463430710264;4:
> The Gravity hammer in ODST has quite a bit of knockback compared to how it is in 3 due to you being a ODST. This is probably just you getting launched from the knockback of the hammer when you use it.

Yeah I think that’s correct, it’s just that the knockback is tuned a bit too high I think. This was before the most recent update though so I don’t know it may already be fixed now.

Was this a case of firefight with the cowbell skull on? You can go very far with that on. Some of the more fun variants have cowbell on, like fiestafight.

> 2622408533035179;6:
> Was this a case of firefight with the cowbell skull on? You can go very far with that on. Some of the more fun variants have cowbell on, like fiestafight.

That could have been the case I didn’t check

I noticed this too on Data Hive during the campaign. The knockback was insane and I would almost fly off the map and when I played Firefight at the start of the Flight it wasn’t that strong of a knockback.

> 2535465325206158;8:
> I noticed this too on Data Hive during the campaign. The knockback was insane and I would almost fly off the map and when I played Firefight at the start of the Flight it wasn’t that strong of a knockback.

+1. I took off towards the stars once.

I find the range of the hammer in this game a bit inconsistent in terms of when it launches me from when a enemy uses. Sometimes it does damage to me and other times it doesn’t.

Is this on PC? I’ve had weird physics malfunctions on PC in the past.