grappling hook in halo 4

so this is something i wanted for a long time! it basically lets u do a variety of things such as as swing down from buildings in a very stylish way.

heres how it works. u either spawn with it or u pick it up. then once activated u aim at the spot u want to throw ur grappling hook. while ur deciding ur spartan swing the grapling hook like a laso in the air (in circles) u then throw it, and u can swing down from place to place.

also if ur about to fall of the edge of a map, u pull ur grappling hook out and save urself. this means us should be able to climb up the rope.

just think how awsome would it be to attach it to a falcon and hang on to it while in flight? u can not shoot while ur holding onto the rope, but u can carry a flag/bomb/ etc.

thoughts

Just Cause!

> Just Cause!

huh? i dont understand??

deep sigh

No, this weapon is not Halo, and guess what, IT SLOWS DOWN THE GAME.
So no, this is not Batman, this is Halo. good bye. Please stop posting your ideas.

> No, this weapon is not Halo, and guess what, IT SLOWS DOWN THE GAME.
> So no, this is not Batman, this is Halo. good bye. Please stop posting your ideas.

no need to be mean :slight_smile: and no it wont slow down the game and i will keep posting mah ideas

Nice idea but Nah, sounds too much like Zelda to me. btw haloz is ossim possim. :slight_smile:

Spider-Man!

> No, this weapon is not Halo, and guess what, IT SLOWS DOWN THE GAME.
> So no, this is not Batman, this is Halo. good bye. Please stop posting your ideas.

I didn’t think of Batman I thought of Zelda… but no I don’t think this would work out that well in the current Halo gameplay system.

Listen, GeneralCube, go ahead and keep posting your ideas, but this and the “soul switch” very unfitting, very complicated design-wise and seem to lack consideration of how it would fit into Halo. Are you actually suggesting that there be Grappling Hooks and Soul Switches in Halo Multiplayer? At least do you understand how ridiculous they seem?

> Listen, GeneralCube, go ahead and keep posting your ideas, but this and the “soul switch” very unfitting, very complicated design-wise and seem to lack consideration of how it would fit into Halo. Are you actually suggesting that there be Grappling Hooks and Soul Switches in Halo Multiplayer? At least do you understand how ridiculous they seem?

if they were ridiculous then why would i post them?? and they would fit halos multiplayer

> Listen, GeneralCube, go ahead and keep posting your ideas, but this and the “soul switch” very unfitting, very complicated design-wise and seem to lack consideration of how it would fit into Halo. Are you actually suggesting that there be Grappling Hooks and Soul Switches in Halo Multiplayer? At least do you understand how ridiculous they seem?

My theory is that GeneralCube is actually Frank O’Connor and he’s just using this account to see how the fans will react to the things they’re adding in Halo 4 such as the grapling hook and the tornado gun.

…/sarcasm

> > Listen, GeneralCube, go ahead and keep posting your ideas, but this and the “soul switch” very unfitting, very complicated design-wise and seem to lack consideration of how it would fit into Halo. Are you actually suggesting that there be Grappling Hooks and Soul Switches in Halo Multiplayer? At least do you understand how ridiculous they seem?
>
> My theory is that GeneralCube is actually Frank O’Connor and he’s just using this account to see how the fans will react to the things they’re adding in Halo 4 such as the grapling hook and the tornado gun.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> …/sarcasm

lol funny man

> > Just Cause!
>
> huh? i dont understand??

Just Cause, the game that revolves all around the fact about having a grappling hook. Now, to give my opinion.

Halo does not need have extra additions that do not improve gameplay but instead are just added for the sake of it. This would disrupt gameplay in the wrong way, Halo 4 should be about weapons that simply kill people not give you advantages, maybe grappling hook as equipment but this brings me on to my next point.

Jetpack ruined a lot of maps in Reach, I know it was cool to fly around and was quite fun when playing a casual game on it. But when it comes to matchmaking a lot of maps that would have been very good are ruined by the fact someone can just fly up to the highest point and rain death from above. Grappling hook would have the same effect on gameplay, by making high to reach places easier to get to.

Grappling hooks attaching vehicles wouldn’t be a good idea either since I’m supposing you attach to the vehicle and you get tugged behind which means you are a very fast flying object that can’t hit people and others can’t hit you, again ruining gameplay as it would be yet another way to escape death.

If grappling hook was added it should only be used in custom games as this equipment would work very well, puzzle maps in particular.

> > > Just Cause!
> >
> > huh? i dont understand??
>
> Just Cause, the game that revolves all around the fact about having a grappling hook. Now, to give my opinion.
>
> Halo does not need have extra additions that do not improve gameplay but instead are just added for the sake of it. This would disrupt gameplay in the wrong way, Halo 4 should be about weapons that simply kill people not give you advantages, maybe grappling hook as equipment but this brings me on to my next point.
>
> Jetpack ruined a lot of maps in Reach, I know it was cool to fly around and was quite fun when playing a casual game on it. But when it comes to matchmaking a lot of maps that would have been very good are ruined by the fact someone can just fly up to the highest point and rain death from above. Grappling hook would have the same effect on gameplay, by making high to reach places easier to get to.
>
> Grappling hooks attaching vehicles wouldn’t be a good idea either since I’m supposing you attach to the vehicle and you get tugged behind which means you are a very fast flying object that can’t hit people and others can’t hit you, again ruining gameplay as it would be yet another way to escape death.
>
> If grappling hook was added it should only be used in custom games as this equipment would work very well, puzzle maps in particular.

well u would have to pick it up…

I hope we can get some boomerangs, bows and arrows, and bombs. Maybe even customizable tunics.

> I hope we can get some boomerangs, bows and arrows, and bombs. Maybe even customizable tunics.

im not sure bout tunics (ur wearing armor…) but the rest could work!

good idea!

That doesn’t matter, if someone picks it up they ruin the map simple as that. Maps could be designed to cater for it but is it really worth the effort to do it for a piece of equipment that is just in because it looks cool.

> That doesn’t matter, if someone picks it up they ruin the map simple as that. Maps could be designed to cater for it but is it really worth the effort to do it for a piece of equipment that is just in because it looks cool.

well how about the ability to cut the rope with ur knife??

> > I hope we can get some boomerangs, bows and arrows, and bombs. Maybe even customizable tunics.
>
> im not sure bout tunics (ur wearing armor…) but the rest could work!
>
> good idea!

Was that sarcasm, GeneralCube? It’s hard to tell with text, that’s why people put /sarcasm.