Grapple hook confirmed for MP

As per the article on waypoint:

“Get up close and personal by grappling into an enemy for a satisfying melee, pull a Fusion Coil to yourself and throw it at your target, or grapple to a ledge to rain fire on enemies below. This new equipment, along with various new weapons, open up more freedom and flexibility for players to showcase their own playstyles. And yes, these new additions to the sandbox will also carry over to multiplayer, however they’ll function a bit differently as equipment items that can be picked up on the map”

Not sure how I feel about this but I hold off with judgement until the MP reveal and more importantly the beta.

The fact that it’s even in the game to begin with is a disgrace to halo. Thrusters came from the thrusters that was in the books that ce out before halo ce. Where did the grapples come from? They were never in any books or games. Not even comics.

> 2533274816735326;2:
> The fact that it’s even in the game to begin with is a disgrace to halo. Thrusters came from the thrusters that was in the books that ce out before halo ce. Where did the grapples come from? They were never in any books or games. Not even comics.

Agreed. My initial thoughts are wtf were they thinking. Now that it’s confirmed to be in MP, I’m very curious to see how it’ll be implemented.

> 2533274910203606;3:
> > 2533274816735326;2:
> > The fact that it’s even in the game to begin with is a disgrace to halo. Thrusters came from the thrusters that was in the books that ce out before halo ce. Where did the grapples come from? They were never in any books or games. Not even comics.
>
> Agreed. My initial thoughts are wtf were they thinking. Now that it’s confirmed to be in MP, I’m very curious to see how it’ll be implemented.

They said it would be a pick up item. Meaning someone will have it at some point while you don’t which is also stupid. Power ups and power weapons are enough

I’m not sure how I feel about any of this…I’m waiting to play the Multiplayer beta, at this point too, and would actually love to be able to play the gameplay reveal demo. This is the first Halo game that I’ve ever been this disinterested in, so some reassurance would be appreciated.

> 2535419441797248;5:
> I’m not sure how I feel about any of this…I’m waiting to play the Multiplayer beta, at this point too, and would actually love to be able to play the gameplay reveal demo. This is the first Halo game that I’ve ever been this disinterested in, so some reassurance would be appreciated.

Let’s hope the beta is in a month or 2 at most. That should give them time to get community feedback and make adjustments before launch.

I think the grappling hook is very gimmicky and kind of stupid to be honest. It just seems like 343I chasing trends again… :roll_eyes:

Now, this said when I found out it is not a default Spartan ability and it’s basically a piece of equipment you pick up in MP, I definitely do feel better about it. I don’t see a huge problem with it as a piece of equipment like say a bubble shield or something. Still would rather it wasn’t in the game at all but this isn’t too bad. I just didn’t want to see a whole bunch of Spartans swinging around the map like spider man or some garbage like this lol

> 2533274910203606;6:
> > 2535419441797248;5:
> > I’m not sure how I feel about any of this…I’m waiting to play the Multiplayer beta, at this point too, and would actually love to be able to play the gameplay reveal demo. This is the first Halo game that I’ve ever been this disinterested in, so some reassurance would be appreciated.
>
> Let’s hope the beta is in a month or 2 at most. That should give them time to get community feedback and make adjustments before launch.

If the beta is in August, maybe, but late September? That sounds a little too late to change much of anything, based on feedback from the beta. Ideally, it would have been six months before launch.

the game just seems to play like one of the newer CODs with a lot of bright colors and blasts to make the 7yo kids happy.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I wish they cancel halo bc Community is so disgusting.

> 2533274981196700;10:
> I wish they cancel halo bc Community is so disgusting.

I wish that too so that eventually anyone but 343i gets the contract

> This new equipment, along with various new weapons, open up more freedom and flexibility for players to showcase their own playstyles. And yes, these new additions to the sandbox will also carry over to multiplayer, however they’ll function a bit differently as equipment items that can be picked up on the map

The phrasing of this paragraph suggests that grapple hook is not a fundamental mechanic, but rather a member of a collection of items similar to the Halo 3 equipment. Most importantly, it is a map pick-up, which means that in the worst case scenario it can be removed from maps with little consequence, and may not be included at all on some maps. Again, this is very familiar from Halo 3 where only a small subset of the campaign equipment appears in multiplayer today.

There are a number of things about the gameplay demo that disappointed me, but this is not one of them. In fact, I’m a bit lost as to why the grappling hook is so disliked.

I rather have a grappling hook than a jet pack/jump pack, which might still e in the game. But hey, you can’t be entitled to everything and there are always going to be displeases. It’s equipment tho, who cares. Reminds me H3 days with some H5 in there. I miss thrusters tho, I wonder if it’s been completely cut

A jetpack would had been better

> 2533274825830455;12:
> > This new equipment, along with various new weapons, open up more freedom and flexibility for players to showcase their own playstyles. And yes, these new additions to the sandbox will also carry over to multiplayer, however they’ll function a bit differently as equipment items that can be picked up on the map
>
> The phrasing of this paragraph suggests that grapple hook is not a fundamental mechanic, but rather a member of a collection of items similar to the Halo 3 equipment. Most importantly, it is a map pick-up, which means that in the worst case scenario it can be removed from maps with little consequence, and may not be included at all on some maps. Again, this is very familiar from Halo 3 where only a small subset of the campaign equipment appears in multiplayer today.
>
> There are a number of things about the gameplay demo that disappointed me, but this is not one of them. In fact, I’m a bit lost as to why the grappling hook is so disliked.

It’s so disliked because not anywhere. Not a game or book. Not a comic or mini series has there ever been a grapple hook meaning they shoe horned it in there just because. Idc how cool it looks or how fun it is. It doesn’t belong in halo and if we are being Frank doom eternal gameplay is better than this. HCS SETTINGS is better than this. Titanfalls version of the grapple hook is better than this. It’s so disliked because it’s bad and doesn’t belong

> 2533274821174589;13:
> I rather have a grappling hook than a jet pack/jump pack, which might still e in the game. But hey, you can’t be entitled to everything and there are always going to be displeases. It’s equipment tho, who cares. Reminds me H3 days with some H5 in there. I miss thrusters tho, I wonder if it’s been completely cut

I rather have a thrusters that acclompihses the same thing while also staying within halos lore. The books before halo ce featured thrusters . Where did the grappling hook come from? Idc what anyone says grappling hooks isn’t halo and this is the FIRST halo that I am serverely disappointed with

> 2533274816735326;15:
> > 2533274825830455;12:
> > > This new equipment, along with various new weapons, open up more freedom and flexibility for players to showcase their own playstyles. And yes, these new additions to the sandbox will also carry over to multiplayer, however they’ll function a bit differently as equipment items that can be picked up on the map
> >
> > The phrasing of this paragraph suggests that grapple hook is not a fundamental mechanic, but rather a member of a collection of items similar to the Halo 3 equipment. Most importantly, it is a map pick-up, which means that in the worst case scenario it can be removed from maps with little consequence, and may not be included at all on some maps. Again, this is very familiar from Halo 3 where only a small subset of the campaign equipment appears in multiplayer today.
> >
> > There are a number of things about the gameplay demo that disappointed me, but this is not one of them. In fact, I’m a bit lost as to why the grappling hook is so disliked.
>
> It’s so disliked because not anywhere. Not a game or book. Not a comic or mini series has there ever been a grapple hook meaning they shoe horned it in there just because. Idc how cool it looks or how fun it is. It doesn’t belong in halo and if we are being Frank doom eternal gameplay is better than this. HCS SETTINGS is better than this. Titanfalls version of the grapple hook is better than this. It’s so disliked because it’s bad and doesn’t belong

That’s why I’m saying - why not a Jetpack? Would be better then that grapple… :frowning:

> 2533274816735326;4:
> > 2533274910203606;3:
> > > 2533274816735326;2:
> > > The fact that it’s even in the game to begin with is a disgrace to halo. Thrusters came from the thrusters that was in the books that ce out before halo ce. Where did the grapples come from? They were never in any books or games. Not even comics.
> >
> > Agreed. My initial thoughts are wtf were they thinking. Now that it’s confirmed to be in MP, I’m very curious to see how it’ll be implemented.
>
> They said it would be a pick up item. Meaning someone will have it at some point while you don’t which is also stupid. Power ups and power weapons are enough

That same logic can apply to power weapons, dude…

> 2533274861263132;17:
> > 2533274816735326;15:
> > > 2533274825830455;12:
> > > > This new equipment, along with various new weapons, open up more freedom and flexibility for players to showcase their own playstyles. And yes, these new additions to the sandbox will also carry over to multiplayer, however they’ll function a bit differently as equipment items that can be picked up on the map
> > >
> > > The phrasing of this paragraph suggests that grapple hook is not a fundamental mechanic, but rather a member of a collection of items similar to the Halo 3 equipment. Most importantly, it is a map pick-up, which means that in the worst case scenario it can be removed from maps with little consequence, and may not be included at all on some maps. Again, this is very familiar from Halo 3 where only a small subset of the campaign equipment appears in multiplayer today.
> > >
> > > There are a number of things about the gameplay demo that disappointed me, but this is not one of them. In fact, I’m a bit lost as to why the grappling hook is so disliked.
> >
> > It’s so disliked because not anywhere. Not a game or book. Not a comic or mini series has there ever been a grapple hook meaning they shoe horned it in there just because. Idc how cool it looks or how fun it is. It doesn’t belong in halo and if we are being Frank doom eternal gameplay is better than this. HCS SETTINGS is better than this. Titanfalls version of the grapple hook is better than this. It’s so disliked because it’s bad and doesn’t belong
>
> That’s why I’m saying - why not a Jetpack? Would be better then that grapple… :frowning:

Jet packs are bad. Thrusters are good. If no thrusters then don’t replace thrusters just keep it classic

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Rip Halo. No more chances for 343i. Fool me how many times at this point?