Got to love salty players

So was in a 3v3 all randoms playing as decimus, my ally was arbiter and the other one was Johnson. I saw my arbiter ally was going to do an enforcer rush so I backed him up with choppers and engineers while teching up. We absolutely dominate them and I receive a message afterwards calling me a cheater with some other kind words.

It’s hilarious how salty people get over games. I get frustrated at losing to a forgehog in 1v1 as he’s broken, but I’ve been rushed plenty of times I just chose to learn from it. If somebody is better than me then they just are.

Have any of you guys received hate for rushing or whatever?

Many years ago in 2009 I got hate mail for rushing as Arbiter w/ Suicide Grunts back in Halo Wars 1

The only time I have ever received hate mail was back in season 1 where I would use the locust death ball as Shipmaster… people HATED that with a passion and they made sure I knew about it.

> 2533274795008809;3:
> The only time I have ever received hate mail was back in season 1 where I would use the locust death ball as Shipmaster… people HATED that with a passion and they made sure I knew about it.

Hahahaha oh my, bet that fueled you to use it even more?

I am of the opinion that there are no rushes in this game. The first engagement should be somewhere in the 5 min mark for map control. If you have nothing to defend yourself that late in the game and didn’t scout to see that they were going for an aggressive opening then I have no sympathy. Enforcer openers are on of my favorite openers.

I also got hate mail once with an enforcer opening in 1s in season 4 but I told the kid pretty much what I said above and he actually apologized.

I once got a message calling me a noob for rushing. What made it really funny was that this dude was the one who initiated the first fight by sending a Forgehog and a small squad of Marines over to my Power Node around 3 minutes into the game. I was just like… how you gonna start an engagement at 3 minutes and call someone else a rusher lmao.

a guy messaged me and said “ur trash, uninstall” even though we beat the ais in a stronghold match. don’t get where he was coming from cause I was holding my own pretty good, I kept defending a stronghold that was on the enemy’s side so I was pretty busy. I honesty find what he said pretty funny, he even asked what disanility I had and at the end he blocked me even though I trying to give advice about gameplay to him

The only thing that salted my potatoes was the Blitz Beta, hated those Bloodfuel Locust.

> 2533274859484857;8:
> a guy messaged me and said “ur trash, uninstall” even though we beat the ais in a stronghold match. don’t get where he was coming from cause I was holding my own pretty good, I kept defending a stronghold that was on the enemy’s side so I was pretty busy. I honesty find what he said pretty funny, he even asked what disanility I had and at the end he blocked me even though I trying to give advice about gameplay to him

Because people think that the proper way to play stronghold is to destory the AIs’ bases and win the game before the timer hit 5min.

> 2533274807340992;10:
> > 2533274859484857;8:
> > a guy messaged me and said “ur trash, uninstall” even though we beat the ais in a stronghold match. don’t get where he was coming from cause I was holding my own pretty good, I kept defending a stronghold that was on the enemy’s side so I was pretty busy. I honesty find what he said pretty funny, he even asked what disanility I had and at the end he blocked me even though I trying to give advice about gameplay to him
>
> Because people think that the proper way to play stronghold is to destory the AIs’ bases and win the game before the timer hit 5min.

Well that dies work a few times, I do that usually as a last resort with locusts and vultures

HW2 community is mostly healthy. I get maybe 80% to 90% of my messages to be positive.

But when I get negative messages… Oh boy, I’ve even gotten hate messages after I desync :rofl:

Hatemail is pointless and will only land you a comms suspension. I just report people for using cheap tactics, even more satisfying when XBL sends you the message that action was taken. All about the long game.

> 2661949065475413;13:
> Hatemail is pointless and will only land you a comms suspension. I just report people for using cheap tactics, even more satisfying when XBL sends you the message that action was taken. All about the long game.

Define “cheap tactics,” please. Because if you’re reporting someone for just playing the game in a manner you don’t like, but aren’t using any exploits (which there are none right now except for one or two), that’s pretty low.

The most I usually get is:
“Guess you can be killed”

Because no one’s thought of that before…

> 2533274812650916;14:
> > 2661949065475413;13:
> > Hatemail is pointless and will only land you a comms suspension. I just report people for using cheap tactics, even more satisfying when XBL sends you the message that action was taken. All about the long game.
>
> Define “cheap tactics,” please. Because if you’re reporting someone for just playing the game in a manner you don’t like, but aren’t using any exploits (which there are none right now except for one or two), that’s pretty low.

Pre nerf locusts ball, prenerf jerome collosus rush, forgehog, etc. You know, the things the community as a whole has agreed upon being complete bull -Yoink-.

Knowingly using something that is broken to your advantage is the very definition of exploiting. And apparently at least one person doing report reviews agrees.

> 2661949065475413;16:
> > 2533274812650916;14:
> > > 2661949065475413;13:
> > > Hatemail is pointless and will only land you a comms suspension. I just report people for using cheap tactics, even more satisfying when XBL sends you the message that action was taken. All about the long game.
> >
> > Define “cheap tactics,” please. Because if you’re reporting someone for just playing the game in a manner you don’t like, but aren’t using any exploits (which there are none right now except for one or two), that’s pretty low.
>
> Pre nerf locusts ball, prenerf jerome collosus rush, forgehog, etc. You know, the things the community as a whole has agreed upon being complete bull -Yoink-.
> Knowingly using something that is broken to your advantage is the very definition of exploiting. And apparently at least one person doing report reviews agrees.

That’s still extremely low. The developers made the things you listed the way they are. Using something in the game without exploits is simply knowing as playing the game. The person agreeing with you on the other side doesn’t make the whole thing right. Most people playing the game don’t follow the patch notes, they just adopt strategies that worked against them.

> 2661949065475413;16:
> > 2533274812650916;14:
> > > 2661949065475413;13:
> > > Hatemail is pointless and will only land you a comms suspension. I just report people for using cheap tactics, even more satisfying when XBL sends you the message that action was taken. All about the long game.
> >
> > Define “cheap tactics,” please. Because if you’re reporting someone for just playing the game in a manner you don’t like, but aren’t using any exploits (which there are none right now except for one or two), that’s pretty low.
>
> Pre nerf locusts ball, prenerf jerome collosus rush, forgehog, etc. You know, the things the community as a whole has agreed upon being complete bull -Yoink-.
> Knowingly using something that is broken to your advantage is the very definition of exploiting. And apparently at least one person doing report reviews agrees.

Woah woah woah. None of what you listed is an exploit. An exploit with regard to the xbox terms of service is to abuse a glitch, or server issue within the game against other players intentionally (edit: I’m paraphrasing) . What your describing is just poor game balance. An example of an exploit in the game would be the Serena ice barrier glitch during season 5. This was an actual exploit and not just a cheesey build order. You should avoid reporting players just because your a bad sport when it comes to taking a loss. P.S. there’s no such thing as a colosus rush. Unless you meant Jerome mantis rush

> 2661949065475413;13:
> Hatemail is pointless and will only land you a comms suspension. I just report people for using cheap tactics, even more satisfying when XBL sends you the message that action was taken. All about the long game.

So far I’ve haven’t faced any “cheap tactics” that could warrant a report… And I can’t think of any, if anything this is even worst than trashtalking because it can actually stain a person’s profile for just playing the game…

Once upon a time in a 2vs2 match the enemies tried to rush us. We overturn them and got hate messages calling me noon for using “too many banshees”