Got the DMR about two hours ago.

Got the DMR certification about two hours ago, been playing non-stop since then so that I may use the weapon I prefer over the BR. Roughly about two hours of gameplay total, multiple boss take-downs, captures, legendary take-downs etc etc.

3 minutes of play time with said DMR.

I’m not saying the Req system is bad, in fact, I’m kinda have fun with it. But something has gone horribly wrong with the system when tanks are being brought onto the battlefield in greater numbers than a DMR.

I agree they need to have DMRS more accessible and easier to obtain

tanks are very easy to destroy in this game, a DMR is more powerful in my hands than a tank. There’s too many ways for an enemy to flank or mount a tank and destroy it in a matter of seconds. The maps aren’t open enough for a tank to really be useful…and a tank is most useful as a ranged support vehicle.

DMR is too rare than legendries.

> 2533274875558749;2:
> I agree they need to have DMRS more accessible and easier to obtain

At this point, it appears to be treated like a high end power weapon.

> 2533274831364893;3:
> tanks are very easy to destroy in this game, a DMR is more powerful in my hands than a tank. There’s too many ways for an enemy to flank or mount a tank and destroy it in a matter of seconds. The maps aren’t open enough for a tank to really be useful…and a tank is most useful as a ranged support vehicle.

Then the tank is too weak and the DMR is too strong. The DMR should be a comparable choice to the BR, not some sort of power weapon that is rarely used.

Yep, I and others have pointed this out. The long shot BR with upgrade is just as deadly and costs 5 REQ points. SMG is incredibly deadly for CQC and costs 4 REQ. A phaeton costs 8 REQ, same as a higher level DMR. It just doesn’t add up. I would like to see the REQ for the DMR dropped by 1 point across the board. Would make more sense.

The standard DMR and the Tank are the same REQ requirement (REQ 6).

2 reasons why you are seeing Tanks at a higher frequency than DMRs: 1. DMR certs are rarer than Scorpion Certs, and 2. Scorpions are noob friendly.

Tbh, most of the people complaining that they don’t have a DMR would probably see their gameplay diminished when they start using one. The DMR requires much more skill than the BR.

> 2533274893424151;6:
> > 2533274831364893;3:
> > tanks are very easy to destroy in this game, a DMR is more powerful in my hands than a tank. There’s too many ways for an enemy to flank or mount a tank and destroy it in a matter of seconds. The maps aren’t open enough for a tank to really be useful…and a tank is most useful as a ranged support vehicle.
>
>
> Then the tank is too weak and the DMR is too strong. The DMR should be a comparable choice to the BR, not some sort of power weapon that is rarely used.

I guess that’s why the DMR is not a weapon choice in SWAT.

It is definitely not a power weapon by any stretch of the term

The DMR is a beast. IMO making it easier to obtain would reduce the game to minimal map movement and long distance pot shots especially with more ammo to be picked up on the field if everyone was using it.

> 2533274855931484;7:
> Yep, I and others have pointed this out. The long shot BR is just as deadly and costs 5 REQ points. SMG is incredibly deadly for CQC and costs 4 REQ. A phaeton costs 8 REQ, same as a higher level DMR. It just doesn’t add up. I would like to see the REQ for the DMR dropped by 1 point across the board. Would make more sense.

I unlocked Longshot BR and DMR last night, but can use Longshot BR at REQ level 3, not 5 unless it has other attachments.

I have unlocked 3 br, 4 ar, 1 sm and no dmr yet

yea it really sucks because the dmr has been my choice over br for a while now. the only dmr i have is req 7 which sucks but i am getting by! whats the lowest req level DMR anyway?

takes forever

> 2533274831364893;3:
> tanks are very easy to destroy in this game, a DMR is more powerful in my hands than a tank. There’s too many ways for an enemy to flank or mount a tank and destroy it in a matter of seconds. The maps aren’t open enough for a tank to really be useful…and a tank is most useful as a ranged support vehicle.

I agree. I can easily flank a Scorpion or a Wraith and board them and the same thing happens to me when I’m in those vehicles. Yesterday, I was finally able to control a mantis but some -Yoink- snuck up behind me and boarded me and I couldn’t see them on the motion tracker because they were crouching.

> 2533274855931484;7:
> Yep, I and others have pointed this out. The long shot BR is just as deadly and costs 5 REQ points. SMG is incredibly deadly for CQC and costs 4 REQ. A phaeton costs 8 REQ, same as a higher level DMR. It just doesn’t add up. I would like to see the REQ for the DMR dropped by 1 point across the board. Would make more sense.

I hope this is corrected, I dislike the BR, but really have no choice.

> 2533274821174589;12:
> > 2533274855931484;7:
> > Yep, I and others have pointed this out. The long shot BR is just as deadly and costs 5 REQ points. SMG is incredibly deadly for CQC and costs 4 REQ. A phaeton costs 8 REQ, same as a higher level DMR. It just doesn’t add up. I would like to see the REQ for the DMR dropped by 1 point across the board. Would make more sense.
>
>
> I unlocked Longshot BR and DMR last night, but can use Longshot BR at REQ level 3, not 5 unless it has other attachments.

So you’re telling me you can unlock the longshot BR and basically gain a 4sk miniature sniper rifle (like the DMR), which has a slightly lower firefight, and possibly worse accuracy at long range, but you need the same REQ level as an uncommon sniper rifle to use an rare rarity loadout weapon?

Does 343i hate the DMR or something…?

I would be nice it they at least started you with the DMR like the pistol, AR, and BR. Just having the basic version already unlocked would be really nice, then people could practice more with it and those players who prefer shooting from a distance can play to their strengths.

> 2533274939018653;18:
> > 2533274821174589;12:
> > > 2533274855931484;7:
> > > Yep, I and others have pointed this out. The long shot BR is just as deadly and costs 5 REQ points. SMG is incredibly deadly for CQC and costs 4 REQ. A phaeton costs 8 REQ, same as a higher level DMR. It just doesn’t add up. I would like to see the REQ for the DMR dropped by 1 point across the board. Would make more sense.
> >
> >
> > I unlocked Longshot BR and DMR last night, but can use Longshot BR at REQ level 3, not 5 unless it has other attachments.
>
>
> So you’re telling me you can unlock the longshot BR and basically gain a 4sk miniature sniper rifle (like the DMR), which has a slightly lower firefight, and possibly worse accuracy at long range, but you need the same REQ level as an uncommon sniper rifle to use an rare rarity loadout weapon?
> Does 343i hate the DMR or something…?

Well let’s see, everyone hated it in Halo Reach because there was no BR and everyone hated it in Halo 4 because it was better than their godly BR. Halo 5 we finally get a BR worth using again and now everyone wants the DMR.

This is just one of hundreds of examples as to why the Halo community is full of hypocrites.