Got my review copy of Halo 4, but

I was told I need to give someone my gamertag to add it to a whitelist. I haven’t played it yet, and won’t until this is resolved.

Anyone know who I should contact? The guys at Edelman didn’t ask for anything of the sort.

Whitelist?
XD

Just play you’ll be fine.

Always some paranoia

> Whitelist?
> XD
>
> Just play you’ll be fine.
>
> Always some paranoia

you’re probably right, I just want to make sure. haha.

I know big time reviewers (IGN, etc…) got theirs a week or 2 ago. So maybe the “whitelist” was for those getting it that early.

If you’re down as a reviewer would you not already be on the list ?

> If you’re down as a reviewer would you not already be on the list ?

Well, I’ve never had to give anyone my gamertag as a reviewer, aside from when ubisoft wanted it for Trials Evolution. usually I just get asked basic questions about publication, links, etc…

> > If you’re down as a reviewer would you not already be on the list ?
>
> Well, I’ve never had to give anyone my gamertag as a reviewer, aside from when ubisoft wanted it for Trials Evolution. usually I just get asked basic questions about publication, links, etc…

Not sure then, if the copy is legit which I’m sure it is you will be fine, the only bans I read about on xbox.com were for illegitimate play.

> > > If you’re down as a reviewer would you not already be on the list ?
> >
> > Well, I’ve never had to give anyone my gamertag as a reviewer, aside from when ubisoft wanted it for Trials Evolution. usually I just get asked basic questions about publication, links, etc…
>
> Not sure then, if the copy is legit which I’m sure it is you will be fine, the only bans I read about on xbox.com were for illegitimate play.

There’s a link below for you,

Xbox.com thread.

> >
> > Well, I’ve never had to give anyone my gamertag as a reviewer, aside from when ubisoft wanted it for Trials Evolution. usually I just get asked basic questions about publication, links, etc…
>
> Not sure then, if the copy is legit which I’m sure it is you will be fine, the only bans I read about on xbox.com were for illegitimate play.

Yeah, the illegitimate play is where I heard the whitelist stuff come up. I’m sure I’m just being a worry wart as usual.

EDIT: the link is reassuring. I’ll definitely start playing tonight then! Thanks for showing me that

> >
>

Legit owners of the game also get swept up in the banning-sprees. As BSAngel says on twitter, you have to contact Xbox LIVE Support or post the issue on their forums to dissolve the ban.

> > > > If you’re down as a reviewer would you not already be on the list ?
> > >
> > > Well, I’ve never had to give anyone my gamertag as a reviewer, aside from when ubisoft wanted it for Trials Evolution. usually I just get asked basic questions about publication, links, etc…
> >
> > Not sure then, if the copy is legit which I’m sure it is you will be fine, the only bans I read about on xbox.com were for illegitimate play.
>
> Yeah, the illegitimate play is where I heard the whitelist stuff come up. I’m sure I’m just being a worry wart as usual.
>
>
> EDIT: the link is reassuring. I’ll definitely start playing tonight then! Thanks for showing me that

No worries, enjoy it you lucky so and so lol.

> > > > If you’re down as a reviewer would you not already be on the list ?
> > >
> > > Well, I’ve never had to give anyone my gamertag as a reviewer, aside from when ubisoft wanted it for Trials Evolution. usually I just get asked basic questions about publication, links, etc…
> >
> > Not sure then, if the copy is legit which I’m sure it is you will be fine, the only bans I read about on xbox.com were for illegitimate play.
>
> Legit owners of the game also get swept up in the banning-sprees. As BSAngel says on twitter, you have to contact Xbox LIVE Support or post the issue on their forums to dissolve the ban.

Saw that, and ive been telling everyone to go ahead and play all day lol.

Im sure theyll uplift bans quickly if you ring them with your recipt in hand!

From tomorrow the amount of people with early copies will likely triple so maybe MS will calm down.

Call Microsoft support and inform them that you have the game. Problem solved. They take your info. That’s what I did again problem solved

> Call Microsoft support and inform them that you have the game. Problem solved. They take your info. That’s what I did again problem solved

To be honest that would be the safest thing to do, there seems to be conflicting information with this.

You’re good to go OP. I just talked to the man, and you’re all set.