Got banned?! Seriously?!

So I apparently got banned from Matchmaking because one of my teammates managed it TWICE to walk right into on of my pulse grenades lying quite obviously on the ground in one match. He got “teamkilled” and proceed to boot me from the game. After I finished the next game without any special circumstances I got the message that I was banned from matchmaking?! WTF?! Seriously!? You gotta be kidding me…

the ban hammer is swinging ridiculously. 343 knows and no clue when it’s going to get fixed.

Thats pure madness. I played halo online since halo 2, made around 20.000 matches across all games and never got banned or anything…

i made a post before about how my internet company was working on their systems and i got dropped from two games and got banned. they need to get a system in that can tell when you drop connection and when you actually quit the game.

So they ban you for quitting games too, right? good to know… I had several games in a row in slayer where one or two teammates left early and after a couple more deaths I ended up alone against 4 players… normally in finish ever game, no matter what, but that are circumstances in which I tend to leave and give the free win away instead of hiding 10 Minutes just to end up with an abysmal K/D anyway.

> 2624419068576607;5:
> So they ban you for quitting games too, right? good to know… I had several games in a row in slayer where one or two teammates left early and after a couple more deaths I ended up alone against 4 players… normally in finish ever game, no matter what, but that are circumstances in which I tend to leave and give the free win away instead of hiding 10 Minutes just to end up with an abysmal K/D anyway.

Good thing that K/D ratio is absolutely pointless and should have no affect on how you play the game. Remember we play video games for fun, not to worry about some obscure ratio that no one cares about and holds no real value.

> 2533274809280083;6:
> > 2624419068576607;5:
> > So they ban you for quitting games too, right? good to know… I had several games in a row in slayer where one or two teammates left early and after a couple more deaths I ended up alone against 4 players… normally in finish ever game, no matter what, but that are circumstances in which I tend to leave and give the free win away instead of hiding 10 Minutes just to end up with an abysmal K/D anyway.
>
>
> Good thing that K/D ratio is absolutely pointless and should have no affect on how you play the game. Remember we play video games for fun, not to worry about some obscure ratio that no one cares about and holds no real value.

And getting killed repeatedly is fun to you? The k/d ratio isn’t just some meaningless stat, it’s a reflection of your performance as a player. To competitive individuals, attaining and maintaining a high k/d is the fun in a game.

> 2533274823519895;7:
> > 2533274809280083;6:
> > > 2624419068576607;5:
> > > So they ban you for quitting games too, right? good to know… I had several games in a row in slayer where one or two teammates left early and after a couple more deaths I ended up alone against 4 players… normally in finish ever game, no matter what, but that are circumstances in which I tend to leave and give the free win away instead of hiding 10 Minutes just to end up with an abysmal K/D anyway.
> >
> >
> > Good thing that K/D ratio is absolutely pointless and should have no affect on how you play the game. Remember we play video games for fun, not to worry about some obscure ratio that no one cares about and holds no real value.
>
>
> And getting killed repeatedly is fun to you? The k/d ratio isn’t just some meaningless stat, it’s a reflection of your performance as a player. To competitive individuals, attaining and maintaining a high k/d is the fun in a game.

From what I’ve experienced over years and years of gaming is that K/D ratio has taken more importance then actually enjoying the game for what it is. Could you imagine for a second how much more people would play the game for objectives and wins instead of camping to protect some useless stat and not moving up if there was no K/D ratio?

Tracking K/D ratio has ruined shooters forever. I don’t mind dying 1000 times if I’m having fun playing with my friends because K/D isn’t on my mind. No one cares about anyone’s else’s performance as a player, no regular player is MLG or cares enough to try to be competitive. If maintaining a high K/D is fun to you, You’re lost as a gamer, video games are about enjoyment not pointless stat tracking or they’d be called jobs.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on the value of K/D ratio because people will have different opinions on its significance. To me its pointless and has ruined everything.

Percentage of games completed should be listed on the first page of stats.

Sadly this is only the reaction of a minority of players… I know this is stupid right?! Step on an ally grenade, get kill, get mad, kick out your teammates. It worth nothing plus it gives a disadvantage to your team.

I know your feel, but I don’t think this is something they could easily fix. The only way would be to have friendly fire disabled which in my opinion seems kind of weird?

Agreed they need to fix these, or banned the ones that walk into your grenade on purpose

It’s because you have 12 year olds who get the option to ban and instantly accept, like some kind of gleeful vindication. I haven’t been banned yet, but I also haven’t killed a teammate yet.
I ultimately find friendly fire in competitive gaming to be absolute nonsense.
I’ve been team killed 2 maybe 3 times so far, never got the option to ban, wouldn’t if I did. Accidents happen.
Also, learn better weapon discipline.
I understand if someone darts in front of you and you have no time to react, but seriously, situational awareness, and not spamming nades at your teammates feet is good policy.
Don’t fire into a strafe skirmish either. Either let your friend die and pick up the kill, or let them handle it. You pinging their shields in the middle of a firefight, while trying to help them out, doesn’t help at all.

> 2533274823519895;7:
> > 2533274809280083;6:
> > > 2624419068576607;5:
> > > So they ban you for quitting games too, right? good to know… I had several games in a row in slayer where one or two teammates left early and after a couple more deaths I ended up alone against 4 players… normally in finish ever game, no matter what, but that are circumstances in which I tend to leave and give the free win away instead of hiding 10 Minutes just to end up with an abysmal K/D anyway.
> >
> >
> > Good thing that K/D ratio is absolutely pointless and should have no affect on how you play the game. Remember we play video games for fun, not to worry about some obscure ratio that no one cares about and holds no real value.
>
>
> And getting killed repeatedly is fun to you? The k/d ratio isn’t just some meaningless stat, it’s a reflection of your performance as a player. To competitive individuals, attaining and maintaining a high k/d is the fun in a game.

K/D ratio isn’t pointless.
Whether the stat is invisible or not, it is the most direct, absolute indicator of your contribution. Do you contribute more kills than deaths to your team? Are you a bane or boon?
I would say accuracy+K/D is more indicative of skill.
Above 50% accuracy with a positive K/D would indicate skill.
Below 50% accuracy with a positive K/D would indicate luck.

This is also flawed in a way though, because some people suppress or just fire off shots for no reason, when they’re not even in a firefight.

I have killed SO many team mates accidentally. Even yesterday I had somebody walking into my AR fire as I was taking out an opponent.

K/D is a pointless stat.

Same thing happened to me. We were up like 48-3 in a slayer match and we started betraying each other because that’s just what you do. Anyway I got booted from that game unfortunately cause some guy on the other team got mad I betrayed him after he betrayed my friend. Fast forward to next game we win and after the victory screen I kill one of my teammates because that’s a Halo staple. Next thing I know I’m banned from matchmaking. Awesome 343. Great system

Yeah the banning systems weard. I team kill People on breakout for stealing “my” BR all the time and dont get punished. But as soon as i accidently run over my teammate in a tank on warzone, instint kick WTF

K/D isn’t really a pointless stat.

> 2533274813539398;17:
> Yeah the banning systems weard. I team kill People on breakout for stealing “my” BR all the time and dont get punished. But as soon as i accidently run over my teammate in a tank on warzone, instint kick WTF

You sir I would get along with.

<rant>

Good players will have a decent K/D ratio [over 1.6] with over 60% wins and accuracy. None of those stats alone make up the whole picture, nor does only having one of those stats in the decent range make you a good player. Those of us who are “FPS gamers” will care about those three stats the most.

Some of us play to win, some play for fun, some play for the competitive game play, some play because they want something they can do with their friends, some play to drive around vehicles and blow -Yoink!-’s up, some play while drunk because its funny, some play while stoned because it’s intense and/or hilarious, some like to play and see themselves improving at the game.

Getting the picture yet? Anyone who says things like: K/D ratio is meaningless, K/D spoiled the game, K/D is the most important stat, and so on, is being a plank. People play for different reasons, and enjoy different aspects of the game. Its purely subjective to the person. Just because YOU feel a certain way about one thing about these things, is practically irrelevant. The only part of it that is relevant, is the fact it matters to YOU.

</rant>