Got a question

so are the maps build with sprint in mind or not? did 343 confirm or deny that?

> so are the maps build with sprint in mind or not? did 343 confirm or deny that?
>
> thanks :slight_smile:

They are built with the competitive in mind.

One would hope that Sprint and the AAs do not break the maps and 343 (unlike Bungie) knows what they are doing. Or they don’t.

We’ll find out more in the future and finally, on release date. Make sure not to miss this year’s E3!

I think this is mentioned in the bulletin, but yes I’ve read somewhere that he maps have been built with sprint in mind

The answer is yes, especially since they gave Sprint a nerf: Getting shot during sprint slows you down.

Since everybody gets sprint by default, the maps included on the disc will be made with sprint in mind. Not sure if they’ll spend the effort, or even if it’d be worth it, to make the maps also function well without any sprint. It’d more likely be up to the random groups that decide to use different settings to make non-sprint maps.

i personally thought they confirmed maps are NOT build with sprint in mind,but im not sure,thats why i asked

> i personally thought they confirmed maps are NOT build with sprint in mind,but im not sure,thats why i asked

No, that was never confirmed. Your source was inaccurate but it’s okay.

Anything else?

> > i personally thought they confirmed maps are NOT build with sprint in mind,but im not sure,thats why i asked
>
> No, that was never confirmed. Your source was inaccurate but it’s okay.
>
>
> Anything else?

but they also didnt confirm it or did they?

> > > i personally thought they confirmed maps are NOT build with sprint in mind,but im not sure,thats why i asked
> >
> > No, that was never confirmed. Your source was inaccurate but it’s okay.
> >
> >
> > Anything else?
>
> but they also didnt confirm it or did they?

They already did in a way. It’s too obvious to not have your maps built around sprint as it’s a default ability. They are already balancing it by nerfing it. No longer can players charge across the map and double melee you while you shoot them because they will slow down.

So yes. What remains to be seen is that 343 does right by the MP.

They said in a podcast yes.

Sprint is a default part of Halo 4 gameplay, hence all maps will be built with that in mind. Every AA and vehicle and weapon and how they work on a certain map, will be taken in to consideration when they make the maps, if the maps are to support them.
However, sprint in Halo 4 will be different from sprint in Halo Reach, and hence the maps will be different, and the need for “no sprint” gametypes, might not even exist.

Im not sure if they kept Sprint in mind on smaller maps.
But on the larger, usually vehicle-oriented maps, it has been confirmed that they designed them with Sprint in mind.

> > i personally thought they confirmed maps are NOT build with sprint in mind,but im not sure,thats why i asked
>
> No, that was never confirmed. Your source was inaccurate but it’s okay.
>
>
> Anything else?

i think i remember where it was, I GUESS it was the bulletin about warhouse,or about wraparound,one of these maps for sure

> > > i personally thought they confirmed maps are NOT build with sprint in mind,but im not sure,thats why i asked
> >
> > No, that was never confirmed. Your source was inaccurate but it’s okay.
> >
> >
> > Anything else?
>
> i think i remember where it was, I GUESS it was the bulletin about warhouse,or about wraparound,one of these maps for sure

I’ll go find the relevant articles. I’ll post them below for your viewing pleasure.

Also, i’ll throw in that MP Sparkast for kicks.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Click me