Good work

I haven’t played the game at all so I’ll reserve my opinion on the overall experience until I have but for now I’d just like to say, good work 343. Why? Well, the game looks like Halo. Yes they’ve put their own spin on things, redesigned things and added a new flavour, but I was watching recent videos and it suddenly hit me, this looks like Halo. All the new things, all the old, on the surface, visually, it all looks like Halo. I know some people will disagree but I have to see, the game looks great and I really can’t wait to experience it for myself.

Good work with the game. Lousy job on the editions and pre-orders.

Great to see some positivity here for once. People seem to forget that, while Bungie is not making the game, it’s also not being made by a bunch of monkeys at a keyboard. 343 Know’s what they’re doing, and if everything goes as planned, then Halo 4 should be one of the best releases since, well, Halo 3.

> Great to see some positivity here for once. People seem to forget that, while Bungie is not making the game, it’s also not being made by a bunch of monkeys at a keyboard. 343 Know’s what they’re doing, and if everything goes as planned, then Halo 4 should be one of the best releases since, well, Halo 3.

343 may have a grasp on game development but we can’t allow them to treat our franchise as EA or Capcom would.

343 has NO RIGHT to keep DLC from fans who are purchasing the LE, then turn around and give content to people who get the War Games Pass separately.

> Good work with the game. Lousy job on the editions and pre-orders.

inorite

Anyone else remember a time when special editions included behind the scenes features and soundtracks and concept art? Not -Yoinking!- avatar items and in-game items (which are nice, but they’re not consumable like videos).

I agree. Considering the diverse experience of all the people who worked on Halo 4, it would have been extremely easy for it to have looked nothing like the Bungie Halo games. Kudos to them for sticking to Halo’s roots as far as art design goes.

> > Great to see some positivity here for once. People seem to forget that, while Bungie is not making the game, it’s also not being made by a bunch of monkeys at a keyboard. 343 Know’s what they’re doing, and if everything goes as planned, then Halo 4 should be one of the best releases since, well, Halo 3.
>
>
> 343 may have a grasp on game development but we can’t allow them to treat our franchise as EA or Capcom would.
>
> 343 has NO RIGHT to keep DLC from fans who are purchasing the LE, then turn around and give content to people who get the War Games Pass separately.

They have every right to. It’s their property, they can do whatever they want with it. That doesn’t mean you have to support what they’re doing by buying the LE or War Games Pass, however.

While it does in fact look like Halo, I’m a bit skeptical about the additions, as anyone would be.

But, like you, I know I need to try it out first. You never know…

I was always going to get it, but I wasn’t really excited for the Multiplayer until I saw the Covie weapons video. From what I have seen with the exception of some game modes It looks like it will be a complete blast to play.

> Good work with the game. Lousy job on the editions and pre-orders.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I’m honestly not bothered about the whole Recruit armour thing that got so many hot under the collar but the Map Pass deal is bit of a kick in the nuts to those buying the LE edition. Couple that with the fact that video content is streamed via Waypoint like Reach, and not on an awesome DVD like Halo 2 and 3 and I do find myself disappointed. If it’s like Reach it’ll require paying for Gold to watch the thing I already payed for.

That said, if the game plays and feels as great as it looks, I’ll be more than happy. I do hope that 343 and Microsoft (who are probably more responsible for the pre-order/editions problems) take all the feedback into account for future titles.