Good things about halo 5 Guardians

Post below to show 343 what features we love in halo 5 also please no hate comments only improvements and cool new things to add to this already (looking amazing) game

Good feedback! Thank you OP.

I love the look of everything.

The sounds

The animations

The feel

The balance

> 2533274857164864;2:
> Good feedback! Thank you OP.
>
> I love the look of everything.
>
> The sounds
>
> The animations
>
> The feel
>
> The balance

Cool, nice feedback sure 343 would love to see more positive comments like this. :wink:

-Clamber. I like it.

-Ground Pound … haven’t used it or been killed by it all day, still not sure how I feel about it.

-Assault Rifle: DO NOT NERF. Halo 5 doesn’t have to be a one-gun-game like all the others. You can still defeat the AR with a BR at range and if you’re good enough, but now AR users can actually compete. And I’m a Battle Rifle guy, so this is not a biased view.

-Aiming & Magnetism: I like that aim assist seems to be back to the CE levels of barely existing. You need to be a good shot. I had to turn my sensitivity down for this one as accuracy is more important than ever.

-Shoulder slam: (whatever it’s called) is super fun, but kinda leaves you vulnerable if you don’t get a kill with it. I have been able to slam someone and turn around and pop in the head with the magnum, but it’s tricky. I like it. DO NOT make it a one-hit-kill or it’ll feel like the Titan in Destiny.

-Actually, all the guns seems very balanced. The DMR is very powerful, but not like it was in Halo 4 pre-weapons tuning, but is harder to aim than the others, which is a nice balance. The magnum is amazing. It may be the best one yet. Is it the magnum that was in Halo 2 just buffed a bit? Anyone know yet?

-I got the “Combat Evolved” medal today :smiley:

-Um … oh, kill cams have killed tea-bagging. If I was tea-bagged today, it was done in vain :stuck_out_tongue:

…I’m genuinely having a tough time finding something I don’t like.

It’s slightly less worse than halo 4

> 2533274840138084;5:
> It’s slightly less worse than halo 4

Yeah, if slightly equates to a mile or two.

Personally I rate the Halo MP like so.

Halo 2—Halo CE— Halo 5—Halo 3—Halo 4-------------Halo Reach

> 2533274883669557;4:
> -Clamber. I like it.
>
> -Ground Pound … haven’t used it or been killed by it all day, still not sure how I feel about it.
>
> -Assault Rifle: DO NOT NERF. Halo 5 doesn’t have to be a one-gun-game like all the others. You can still defeat the AR with a BR at range and if you’re good enough, but now AR users can actually compete. And I’m a Battle Rifle guy, so this is not a biased view.
>
> -Aiming & Magnetism: I like that aim assist seems to be back to the CE levels of barely existing. You need to be a good shot. I had to turn my sensitivity down for this one as accuracy is more important than ever.
>
> -Shoulder slam: (whatever it’s called) is super fun, but kinda leaves you vulnerable if you don’t get a kill with it. I have been able to slam someone and turn around and pop in the head with the magnum, but it’s tricky. I like it. DO NOT make it a one-hit-kill or it’ll feel like the Titan in Destiny.
>
> -Actually, all the guns seems very balanced. The DMR is very powerful, but not like it was in Halo 4 pre-weapons tuning, but is harder to aim than the others, which is a nice balance. The magnum is amazing. It may be the best one yet. Is it the magnum that was in Halo 2 just buffed a bit? Anyone know yet?
>
> -I got the “Combat Evolved” medal today :smiley:
>
> -Um … oh, kill cams have killed tea-bagging. If I was tea-bagged today, it was done in vain :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> …I’m genuinely having a tough time finding something I don’t like.

Thanks for the post i completely agree with all of these points good feedback :smiley:

> 2533274883669557;4:
> -Clamber. I like it.

I love it as well.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> -Ground Pound … haven’t used it or been killed by it all day.

Same, so no opinion on it.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> -Assault Rifle: DO NOT NERF. Halo 5 doesn’t have to be a one-gun-game like all the others. You can still defeat the AR with a BR at range and if you’re good enough, but now AR users can actually compete. And I’m a Battle Rifle guy, so this is not a biased view.

It does need a range nerf if you ask me. Not by much but just a little.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> -Aiming & Magnetism: I like that aim assist seems to be back to the CE levels of barely existing. You need to be a good shot. I had to turn my sensitivity down for this one as accuracy is more important than ever.

Don’t know I feel about this. I like that aim assist is barely there but at teh same time it’s almost like you need a mouse for better shots.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> -Shoulder slam: (whatever it’s called) is super fun, but kinda leaves you vulnerable if you don’t get a kill with it. I have been able to slam someone and turn around and pop in the head with the magnum, but it’s tricky. I like it. DO NOT make it a one-hit-kill or it’ll feel like the Titan in Destiny.

I like that it leaves you vulnerable especially when you attack from the front but it’s an instant kill from the back if I do believe. This kind of prevents it from being like the titan charge from destiny (coming from a titan player). it doesnt even feel like the titan charge at all.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> -Actually, all the guns seems very balanced. The DMR is very powerful, but not like it was in Halo 4 pre-weapons tuning, but is harder to aim than the others, which is a nice balance. The magnum is amazing. It may be the best one yet. Is it the magnum that was in Halo 2 just buffed a bit? Anyone know yet?

IDK I think Ar and SMG could use a range nerf, especially the SMG. I kind of feel BR and DMR need a slight boost but not a whole lot.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> -Um … oh, kill cams have killed tea-bagging. If I was tea-bagged today, it was done in vain :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if it killed tea-bagging.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> …I’m genuinely having a tough time finding something I don’t like.

Same but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t give constructive criticism.

Yes I really hope this thread gets going!

I love the feel of everything, it feels very good. I also love how H5 isn’t a one-gun-rules-all type of game (H2/H3). You can succeed using almost any weapon, which adds insane variety and replayability. The fact that ground pound and shoulder charge aren’t very easy to pull off is a good thing, since these things should be once-in-a-while occurrences that take a reasonable amount of skill. So far I’m having a blast and I have a lot of feedback to give. It’s really awesome that there’s 3 weeks of this to enjoy and it’s only day 1. I can’t wait for Breakout next week, it looks like the Counter-Strike/Halo mashup I’ve dreamed of :slight_smile:

SMG needs a range nerf, but damage should stay the same because it’s a blast to use.

Feels and plays great at the moment IMO. Only problems I have are that Killcams are still glitchy and the hit marker noise is a bit annoying sometimes. Other than that, great. I’m really looking forward to playing tSubmithe full game.

> 2533274883561809;9:
> Yes I really hope this thread gets going!
>
> I love the feel of everything, it feels very good. I also love how H5 isn’t a one-gun-rules-all type of game (H2/H3). You can succeed using almost any weapon, which adds insane variety and replayability. The fact that ground pound and shoulder charge aren’t very easy to pull off is a good thing, since these things should be once-in-a-while occurrences that take a reasonable amount of skill. So far I’m having a blast and I have a lot of feedback to give. It’s really awesome that there’s 3 weeks of this to enjoy and it’s only day 1. I can’t wait for Breakout next week, it looks like the Counter-Strike/Halo mashup I’ve dreamed of :slight_smile:
>
> SMG needs a range nerf, but damage should stay the same because it’s a blast to use.

Thanks! And thank you again for the feedback. ¦ )

> 2533274797074208;10:
> Feels and plays great at the moment IMO. Only problems I have are that Killcams are still glitchy and the hit marker noise is a bit annoying sometimes. Other than that, great. I’m really looking forward to playing tSubmithe full game.

Cool so am i.

> 2533274830513360;8:
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > -Clamber. I like it.
>
>
>
> I love it as well.
>
>
>
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > -Ground Pound … haven’t used it or been killed by it all day.
>
>
>
> Same, so no opinion on it.
>
>
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > -Assault Rifle: DO NOT NERF. Halo 5 doesn’t have to be a one-gun-game like all the others. You can still defeat the AR with a BR at range and if you’re good enough, but now AR users can actually compete. And I’m a Battle Rifle guy, so this is not a biased view.
>
>
>
> It does need a range nerf if you ask me. Not by much but just a little.
>
>
>
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > -Aiming & Magnetism: I like that aim assist seems to be back to the CE levels of barely existing. You need to be a good shot. I had to turn my sensitivity down for this one as accuracy is more important than ever.
>
>
>
> Don’t know I feel about this. I like that aim assist is barely there but at teh same time it’s almost like you need a mouse for better shots.
>
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > -Shoulder slam: (whatever it’s called) is super fun, but kinda leaves you vulnerable if you don’t get a kill with it. I have been able to slam someone and turn around and pop in the head with the magnum, but it’s tricky. I like it. DO NOT make it a one-hit-kill or it’ll feel like the Titan in Destiny.
>
>
>
> I like that it leaves you vulnerable especially when you attack from the front but it’s an instant kill from the back if I do believe. This kind of prevents it from being like the titan charge from destiny (coming from a titan player). it doesnt even feel like the titan charge at all.
>
>
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > -Actually, all the guns seems very balanced. The DMR is very powerful, but not like it was in Halo 4 pre-weapons tuning, but is harder to aim than the others, which is a nice balance. The magnum is amazing. It may be the best one yet. Is it the magnum that was in Halo 2 just buffed a bit? Anyone know yet?
>
>
>
> IDK I think Ar and SMG could use a range nerf, especially the SMG. I kind of feel BR and DMR need a slight boost but not a whole lot.
>
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > -Um … oh, kill cams have killed tea-bagging. If I was tea-bagged today, it was done in vain :stuck_out_tongue:
>
>
>
> I don’t know if it killed tea-bagging.
>
> > 2533274883669557;4:
> > …I’m genuinely having a tough time finding something I don’t like.
>
>
> Same but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t give constructive criticism.

Very true criticism is the most important part of any games beta.

The Good

-The Sound
-The Look
-Gameplay Mechanics
-Weapon Balance (always issues but here less so than previous Halo’s)
-All in all, this is a good video game (assuming networking doesn’t bar you at the door.)

The Bad

• Well, this is still just Halo, still just Team Slayer on Wizard like maps. When I can swap the disc for games that embody what came after that Halo 5 needs to do more than merely refine a concept. This might be rectified by other features (particularly if 343 has any intention of throwing more support into campaign and co-op) but as it stands what 343 has what can easily be seen as a lot of wasted effort on a minor niche (see. how the playlist populations have always worked out.) Interesting, but not worthwhile.

> 2533274797771187;14:
> The Good
>
> -The Sound
> -The Look
> -Gameplay Mechanics
> -Weapon Balance (always issues but here less so than previous Halo’s)
> -All in all, this is a good video game (assuming networking doesn’t bar you at the door.)
>
> The Bad
> - Well, this is still just Halo, still just Team Slayer on Wizard like maps. When I can swap the disc for games that embody what came after that Halo 5 needs to do more than merely refine a concept. This might be rectified by other features (particularly if 343 has any intention of throwing more support into campaign and co-op) but as it stands what 343 has what can easily be seen as a lot of wasted effort on a minor niche (see. how the playlist populations have always worked out.) Interesting, but not worthwhile.

Fair enough.