Good things about Halo 4

I’m not apologizing for H4 in this thread. It’s a good game at its foundation, but fouled by bugs, some bad design decisions, and a ton of crap they left out in the name of “streamlining”. I think that -Yoink!- is responsible for as much of those three things as 343i is, if not more. -Yoink!- had them try to make a CoD killer and rushed it out the door, when I believe 343i honestly wanted to make a good Halo game. Unlike Bungie, 343i is owned by -Yoink!-, and they can’t say no.

That being said, I’ve heard all the complaints and arguments about what’s wrong with the game (and have contributed to that), and now I’m in the mood to list what I like about this game. Join in if you care to.

• Good gameplay graphics (non-splitscreen)
  • Best cutscenes since Halo Wars
  • Good sound/music (love the new announcements, but miss Jeff Seitzer’s H3 “ODDBAWWWWL”)
  • Improved load times for maps and menus
  • We’re finally using the thruster jets that MJOLNIR has had since CE
  • More effort to include expanded storyline from novels in the games (Catherine Halsey’s back as a character, Harvest playable map, etc.)
  • Weapon skins (they need to do more of these - they don’t imbalance the game and still give some individuality to the player - add some in DLC or something)
  • The Incineration Cannon: God’s own anti-son-of-a -Yoink- machine.
  • Holgram -Yoink!-
  • RvB easter eggs
  • Damage Boost/Speed Boost (though I’d love a storyline explanation of this equipment, along with Overshield)
  • Forge duplicate function

Cut scenes might look better but they aren’t better then the ones in previous Halo’s

oh and most of the music doesn’t feel like Halo

and Halo 3 had RvB Easter eggs

> Cut scenes might look better but they aren’t better then the ones in previous Halo’s

Okay, but I disagree. Go back to H2 and H3 and look at the faces of people, especially Miranda Keyes in H3. It looked like her facial textures were at a lower res than everything else. They didn’t manage to do a decent female face until Reach - even Dare’s face in ODST was hideously out of proportion (dat jawline).

Reach was pretty good now that I think about it, but I like H4’s better.

> and Halo 3 had RvB Easter eggs

Yeah, but these have Caboose!

It’s nice to something positive being said about halo 4. =D

> Okay, but I disagree. Go back to H2 and H3 and look at the faces of people, especially Miranda Keyes in H3. It looked like her facial textures were at a lower res than everything else. They didn’t manage to do a decent female face until Reach - even Dare’s face in ODST was hideously out of proportion (dat jawline).
>
> Reach was pretty good now that I think about it, but I like H4s better.

Hence why I said “Cut scenes might look better” they deffently have better graphics, no doubt about that. but just the way they were done wasn’t as good as previous Halo games.

> > Cut scenes might look better but they aren’t better then the ones in previous Halo’s
>
> Okay, but I disagree. Go back to H2 and H3 and look at the faces of people, especially Miranda Keyes in H3. It looked like her facial textures were at a lower res than everything else. They didn’t manage to do a decent female face until Reach - even Dare’s face in ODST was hideously out of proportion (dat jawline).
>
> Reach was pretty good now that I think about it, but I like H4’s better.
>
>
>
> > and Halo 3 had RvB Easter eggs
>
> Yeah, but these have Caboose!

Did you even play Halo 3…

now make a list about the bad things in Halo 4.

Extensively. Which egg are you referring to?

> now make a list about the bad things in Halo 4.

Done that in several other threads. So has everyone else. Doesn’t bear repeating, especially not when the point of this thread is the opposite.

Shoo, troll.

the one where Griff is knocking on the door on the second level and Caboose asks him for the password.