Good by Halo 4

I have not played a match since 2/26/13. Despite all the complaining from the community I truly felt Halo 4 was a great game when it first released. One that just needed a few tweaks. I loved the AAs, the load-outs, and the weapons (Bolt Shot not included). We were promised a true ranking system (Waypoint only) and although it should launch in April I feel it is far too little too late. Forge options were just bare bones compared to Halo Reach. The story in Spartan Ops is wonderful but the in campaign maps are repetitive and bland. This game was obviously rushed and instead of launching last November it should have been a launch title for the XBOX 720 this fall if not then the 360, but the point is they launched it far too soon. As I type this now the online community is only at 19394. Yes I understand that it is 12 on a Tuesday but Halo is dying. It dose not matter what 343 does to improve Halo 4 so long as the community continues to dwindle.

Since I stopped playing I picked up Chess it’s far cheaper and has a universal ranking system. It’s not about being the best as that will never happen but I like to know where I stand when I’m put up against the community and my friends. No other shooters have a ranking system like Halo once did and that with forge made Halo special.

Today will be my last go at it to see if I can change my mind but I don’t see that happening. With this I will most likely be looking to sell my system and wait for the next gen hoping Destiny will be all that it’s hyped to be, although that is a very long ways off.

Goodbye good sir

Don’t be too hasty, wait till after the April TU and then make your final atonement.

Numbers are the proof.
Halo is dying.
And 343i are no capable to save this game or make a future good Halo.
They made alot of mistakes in this game, and they cant/or dont want to solve most of them.

I remember when people said that halo 4 shouldnt be like a halo 3.5.
But this game its like a halo reach 2.0, much more worse than Reach.
It doesnt feel like Halo.

Its time to move on.
There is a new bungie game comming soon.
A new universe.

Good by?

I still never got why people seem to make a farewell post, They should make a sticky thread titles “Farewells” because this seems to be a common thing every now n then

> Its time to move on.
> There is a new bungie game comming soon.
> A new universe.

FPS MMO will be a huge time suck and less about shooting. I’ll stick with Halo :slight_smile:

I never liked Reach but I put up with it becasue of the promise that better things where on the horizon. I feel like I was lied to.

> Don’t be too hasty, wait till after the April TU and then make your final atonement.

At the very least I will start to research the best way to go about selling my equipment and games.

My friend and I recently went back to playing Reach. Now that,is something I never thought I’d do…

> My friend and I recently went back to playing Reach. Now that,is something I never thought I’d do…

What I thought I would never do is stop playing Halo. I have owned a halo game ever since CE launched way back when.

> My friend and I recently went back to playing Reach. Now that,is something I never thought I’d do…

Ugh that game can die as well for all I care…I’ve hated Reach with a passion and as soon as it’s gone from the xbox live activity charts, it’s going to be good riddance with that game! Anyways, OP, you might as well wait for the April TU and in the meantime, play other games that interest you, which I assume that’s what you are doing.

Halo is starting to become a Resident Evil.
People will buy only because of the name.
Every new game the company will say:
“We are making a new halo game but keeping the old formula from the firsts games, back to the roots”

But they will fail every time.
And them, one day, the series will die.

> Don’t be too hasty, wait till after the April TU and then make your final atonement.

“Wait until we see more info.”

“Wait until we see some gameplay.”

“Wait until we see a full game.”

“Wait until E3.”

“Wait until the MLG event.”

“Wait until the game goes gold.”

“Wait until you’ve played it.”

“Wait until the january update.”

“Wait until the February update.”

“Wait until the April update.”

“Wait until”

“Wait until”

“Wait until…”

Honestly, I’m sick of this. The game is bad and needs work. No more of this waiting crap, it NEEDS to be addressed. There are massive problems with this game and it’s been 5 months with little to no improvements.

It took them 3 months to get the bloody fileshare to work. 4 months for Throwdown, and over 5 months for them to put in a ranking system that is still useless because it does nothing that the ranking system on Halo Tracker doesn’t do.

They still don’t have the classic playlist that was supposed to be in on day one!

The Custom options are STILL terrible!

We still don’t have an official reason as to WHY the Elites were not included in multiplayer.

Forge is STILL a mess (though the pallet and pieces are good).

They have made progress, and I applaud them for that, but it shouldn’t have taken them this long.

I’m thankful for Throwdown, and CSR and all of that, but it still only caters to 2 groups, not the many, many groups that Halo used to have.

The numbers do have some proof to them that the game is dying. Another bit of proof is the Majestic Map pack. Sure it was good, but the fact that they had to make commercials on TV just for it and put up posters in every gamestop making it look like something big and special is proof that they are being forced to advertise to remind people that Halo 4 exists.

What was your opinion on, out-of-the-box Halo 2 Silent?

*Goodbye

> The numbers do have some proof to them that the game is dying. Another bit of proof is the Majestic Map pack. Sure it was good, but the fact that they had to make commercials on TV just for it and put up posters in every gamestop making it look like something big and special is proof that they are being forced to advertise to remind people that Halo 4 exists.

Right…because when a product isn’t dying, they don’t advertise at all.

@SilentA98 That’s the only way they will make progress is through TUs. The best way to judge for yourself if this game is still worth playing is to wait for one and play it.

So you want to be a martyr, but no one will remember you. Bye, never post here again.

> What was your opinion on, out-of-the-box Halo 2 Silent?

It could just be my memory has dulled but I really enjoyed Halo 2. I nver played much online maybe only 150 games but that was back when I still had LAN parties with my friends. So the bulk of my play was offline.

Onward to gow. Ill see you there