Good Boss Fights

I know for shooters like halo good boss fights are hard to do but i feel in halo it is possible, and it doesn’t have to be shoot it til its dead.

For a high ranked elite he could have

ABILITIES
Quick teleport
Quick Dash
Health regeneration

EQUIPMENT
duel energy swords
fuel gun rod
plasma grenades
armor lock

Put all that together with him having double the shield with back up elites helping him out you’d be up for a fight. Maybe somehow make it more than just a shootout

Watch the halo on xbox one trailer there is your boss :slight_smile:

Yeah, I like this idea!
The Didact “Boss level” wasn’t even a fight! All you had to do was press one button immediately! Such units like Scarabs were what really should have appeared in Halo 4 instead of that!

I have some ideas of boss battles as well :slight_smile:
idea:(scroll down to mah post…)
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst4707p87_THE-OFFICIAL-HALO-FEEDBACK-THREAD.aspx

> Yeah, I like this idea!
> The Didact “Boss level” wasn’t even a fight! All you had to do was press one button immediately! Such units like Scarabs were what really should have appeared in Halo 4 instead of that!
>
> I have some ideas of boss battles as well :slight_smile:
> idea:(scroll down to mah post…)
> https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst4707p87_THE-OFFICIAL-HALO-FEEDBACK-THREAD.aspx

Allowing the Didact battle to be an actual Tartarus kind of boss fight still wouldn’t be a fight.

You would empty all of your ammo into his armor, and it does nothing. You stand in the open, he uses gravity fields to slap you off the bridge. Stand behind cover and he disintegrates the cover, and you get slapped away. Or maybe choked.

There couldn’t have been an actual boss fight without the player not even winning, the fight being a borning and long grind, or the Forerunner Promethean Commander being vastly underpowered… a major insult to his character and the Forerunners.

> > Yeah, I like this idea!
> > The Didact “Boss level” wasn’t even a fight! All you had to do was press one button immediately! Such units like Scarabs were what really should have appeared in Halo 4 instead of that!
> >
> > I have some ideas of boss battles as well :slight_smile:
> > idea:(scroll down to mah post…)
> > https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst4707p87_THE-OFFICIAL-HALO-FEEDBACK-THREAD.aspx
>
> Allowing the Didact battle to be an actual Tartarus kind of boss fight still wouldn’t be a fight.
>
> You would empty all of your ammo into his armor, and it does nothing. You stand in the open, he uses gravity fields to slap you off the bridge. Stand behind cover and he disintegrates the cover, and you get slapped away. Or maybe choked.
>
>
> There couldn’t have been an actual boss fight without the player not even winning, the fight being a borning and long grind, or the Forerunner Promethean Commander being vastly underpowered… a major insult to his character and the Forerunners.

Truth. Didact would no doubt win against ANY Spartan, unless about 300 of them came in with rockets, or an AI assistance…

If they make any more “boss fights” like the Lich in Halo 4, then I will be soooo disappointed. Even Scarabs are pretty easy to take down once you know how to do it right, not to mention they stay in pretty much the same spot.

What they need to do is make creative & fun battles. Look at Hunters, even though they’re big push-overs now, they used to be really fun to fight. They were only bullet-sponges if you didn’t have a good aim, and even still that was exciting as you felt like you had to dash between their attacks to get to ammo. Also, there weren’t always a ton of Rocket Launchers around them in previous games, which was great. I remember waiting for them to charge at me, so they would expose their weak spots, (which also weren’t all over their bodies’ before H4)then blasting a few rounds into them and jumping out of the way.
That’s what each boss enemy should be like, fun and challenging to fight. They need to be rather predictable, but also intelligent not using the same trick that just got them or their buddy hurt.

Boss suggestions:

Covenant:
-Giant Red Hunters. They were in Halo Legends, and were one of the few good things that came from it. Adding these would create an incredibly dangerous and Boss Level enemy, while also creating a new CQC/Melee enemy for the first time since Halo 3.

-Sharquoi. Mentioned in Conversations from the Universe, turned out to be the cut Drinol from Halo 2. Since I doubt 343i can use Bungie’s Drinol from Marathon in Halo, just make something really big, terrifying, and alien that the Covenant Remanent found to fight the UNSC.

-Scarab. 'Cause Scarabs. Hopefully they do more than stay in the same area like they do in Halo 3.

-Locust. Like a Scarab, but mini-er.

-Lich. Provided it does more than float and sputter like it does in Halo 4.

-Harvester. Since this moving could very well help players realize the Covenant do more than standing around waiting for Chief to blow their brains out.

-Phantom Gunships like in Halo 2. They would stay after dropping troops off and use their 3 turrets to suppress any players that are moving out in the open on foot, or players hiding inside a structure.

Forerunner:
-A group of Enforcers, or something equally terrifyingly deadly that’s Forerunner.

Flood:
-Flood Juggernaut(s).
-(Proto)Gravemind. Ideally on a High Charity map, large tentacles would come up from chasms/tunnels attack players, vehicles, and block passageways to other areas.

Insurrectionist:
Seeing as how Innies don’t have great access to technology and that would be limiting; aerial gunships, commandeered/repurposed mechs, and heavy tanks would seem appropriate.

-Modified Gunship. Could be made from a Pelican, but to keep the Innies “fresh” or more distinguishable from the UNSC a new or heavily modified design of another aircraft would be optimal.

-Heavy tank. Larger than a Scorpion and sharing a resemblance to the Grizzly with its additional cannons and firepower.

-Commando unit. A group of highly trained Innie soldiers with advanced weapons/armor. They would avoid direct engagement by keeping distance, use mines, and use stealth/guerrilla tactics to defeat players.

Boss fights are something I feel Halo can do well, and it may be the only FPS that isn’t an RPG that could be successful with them (and has been, IMO. I enjoyed Halo 2’s boss fights).

It was disappointing you didn’t fight the Didact in a boss fight.

Relevant

MXGVQ-DHCHW-7RJVC-M4TWW-GPXRZ

Y7P29-P6Q3Q-DDKV2-7MXG6-FQGPZ

But, like a user above me said, it would have been way too hard to do it because of how powerful he is, unless they worked in Cortana crippling him enough to make him weak enough for a proper boss fight.

I agree absolutely with what Assassin says, though. ^^

+1 for the Halo: CE reference regarding the Lich. :stuck_out_tongue:

> If they make any more “boss fights” like the Lich in Halo 4, then I will be soooo disappointed. Even Scarabs are pretty easy to take down once you know how to do it right, not to mention they stay in pretty much the same spot.
>
> What they need to do is make creative & fun battles. Look at Hunters, even though they’re big push-overs now, they used to be really fun to fight. They were only bullet-sponges if you didn’t have a good aim, and even still that was exciting as you felt like you had to dash between their attacks to get to ammo. Also, there weren’t always a ton of Rocket Launchers around them in previous games, which was great. I remember waiting for them to charge at me, so they would expose their weak spots, (which also weren’t all over their bodies’ before H4)then blasting a few rounds into them and jumping out of the way.
> That’s what each boss enemy should be like, fun and challenging to fight. They need to be rather predictable, but also intelligent not using the same trick that just got them or their buddy hurt.
>
> Boss suggestions:
>
> Covenant:
> -Giant Red Hunters. They were in Halo Legends, and were one of the few good things that came from it. Adding these would create an incredibly dangerous and Boss Level enemy, while also creating a new CQC/Melee enemy for the first time since Halo 3.
>
> -Sharquoi. Mentioned in Conversations from the Universe, turned out to be the cut Drinol from Halo 2. Since I doubt 343i can use Bungie’s Drinol from Marathon in Halo, just make something really big, terrifying, and alien that the Covenant Remanent found to fight the UNSC.
>
> -Scarab. 'Cause Scarabs. Hopefully they do more than stay in the same area like they do in Halo 3.
>
> -Locust. Like a Scarab, but mini-er.
>
> -Lich. Provided it does more than float and sputter like it does in Halo 4.
>
> -Harvester. Since this moving could very well help players realize the Covenant do more than standing around waiting for Chief to blow their brains out.
>
> -Phantom Gunships like in Halo 2. They would stay after dropping troops off and use their 3 turrets to suppress any players that are moving out in the open on foot, or players hiding inside a structure.
>
> Forerunner:
> -A group of Enforcers, or something equally terrifyingly deadly that’s Forerunner.
>
> Flood:
> <mark>-Flood Juggernaut(s).</mark>
> -(Proto)Gravemind. Ideally on a High Charity map, large tentacles would come up from chasms/tunnels attack players, vehicles, and block passageways to other areas.
>
> Insurrectionist:
> Seeing as how Innies don’t have great access to technology and that would be limiting; aerial gunships, commandeered/repurposed mechs, and heavy tanks would seem appropriate.
>
> -Modified Gunship. Could be made from a Pelican, but to keep the Innies “fresh” or more distinguishable from the UNSC a new or heavily modified design of another aircraft would be optimal.
>
> -Heavy tank. Larger than a Scorpion and sharing a resemblance to the Grizzly with its additional cannons and firepower.
>
> -Commando unit. A group of highly trained Innie soldiers with advanced weapons/armor. They would avoid direct engagement by keeping distance, use mines, and use stealth/guerrilla tactics to defeat players.

These are all great ideas but
the flood juggernaut kills you in one hit…

> > If they make any more “boss fights” like the Lich in Halo 4, then I will be soooo disappointed. Even Scarabs are pretty easy to take down once you know how to do it right, not to mention they stay in pretty much the same spot.
> >
> > What they need to do is make creative & fun battles. Look at Hunters, even though they’re big push-overs now, they used to be really fun to fight. They were only bullet-sponges if you didn’t have a good aim, and even still that was exciting as you felt like you had to dash between their attacks to get to ammo. Also, there weren’t always a ton of Rocket Launchers around them in previous games, which was great. I remember waiting for them to charge at me, so they would expose their weak spots, (which also weren’t all over their bodies’ before H4)then blasting a few rounds into them and jumping out of the way.
> > That’s what each boss enemy should be like, fun and challenging to fight. They need to be rather predictable, but also intelligent not using the same trick that just got them or their buddy hurt.
> >
> > Boss suggestions:
> >
> > Covenant:
> > -Giant Red Hunters. They were in Halo Legends, and were one of the few good things that came from it. Adding these would create an incredibly dangerous and Boss Level enemy, while also creating a new CQC/Melee enemy for the first time since Halo 3.
> >
> > -Sharquoi. Mentioned in Conversations from the Universe, turned out to be the cut Drinol from Halo 2. Since I doubt 343i can use Bungie’s Drinol from Marathon in Halo, just make something really big, terrifying, and alien that the Covenant Remanent found to fight the UNSC.
> >
> > -Scarab. 'Cause Scarabs. Hopefully they do more than stay in the same area like they do in Halo 3.
> >
> > -Locust. Like a Scarab, but mini-er.
> >
> > -Lich. Provided it does more than float and sputter like it does in Halo 4.
> >
> > -Harvester. Since this moving could very well help players realize the Covenant do more than standing around waiting for Chief to blow their brains out.
> >
> > -Phantom Gunships like in Halo 2. They would stay after dropping troops off and use their 3 turrets to suppress any players that are moving out in the open on foot, or players hiding inside a structure.
> >
> > Forerunner:
> > -A group of Enforcers, or something equally terrifyingly deadly that’s Forerunner.
> >
> > Flood:
> > <mark>-Flood Juggernaut(s).</mark>
> > -(Proto)Gravemind. Ideally on a High Charity map, large tentacles would come up from chasms/tunnels attack players, vehicles, and block passageways to other areas.
> >
> > Insurrectionist:
> > Seeing as how Innies don’t have great access to technology and that would be limiting; aerial gunships, commandeered/repurposed mechs, and heavy tanks would seem appropriate.
> >
> > -Modified Gunship. Could be made from a Pelican, but to keep the Innies “fresh” or more distinguishable from the UNSC a new or heavily modified design of another aircraft would be optimal.
> >
> > -Heavy tank. Larger than a Scorpion and sharing a resemblance to the Grizzly with its additional cannons and firepower.
> >
> > -Commando unit. A group of highly trained Innie soldiers with advanced weapons/armor. They would avoid direct engagement by keeping distance, use mines, and use stealth/guerrilla tactics to defeat players.
>
> These are all great ideas but
> the flood juggernaut kills you in one hit…

Agreed, this is a no-go, bro.

> > Flood:
> > <mark>-Flood Juggernaut(s).</mark>
> > -(Proto)Gravemind. Ideally on a High Charity map, large tentacles would come up from chasms/tunnels attack players, vehicles, and block passageways to other areas.
>
> These are all great ideas but
> the flood juggernaut kills you in one hit…

One may suggest that you make sure not to get hit.

One may also suggest that you make sure not to get hit by H2/H3 Jackal Snipers, or Halo 4’s constant swarms of Elite Generals carrying FRG, or Hunter’s, or Scarabs, or Wraiths, or Promethean Knight Commanders(Do they shoot? IDK Knights mostly just stand around admiring scenery).

> > > Flood:
> > > <mark>-Flood Juggernaut(s).</mark>
> > > -(Proto)Gravemind. Ideally on a High Charity map, large tentacles would come up from chasms/tunnels attack players, vehicles, and block passageways to other areas.
> >
> > These are all great ideas but
> > the flood juggernaut kills you in one hit…
>
> One may suggest that you make sure not to get hit.
>
> One may also suggest that you make sure not to get hit by H2/H3 Jackal Snipers, or Halo 4’s constant swarms of Elite Generals carrying FRG, or Hunter’s, or Scarabs, or Wraiths, or Promethean Knight Commanders(Do they shoot? <mark>IDK Knights mostly just stand around admiring scenery)</mark>.

While being badass’s

> > > > Flood:
> > > > <mark>-Flood Juggernaut(s).</mark>
> > > > -(Proto)Gravemind. Ideally on a High Charity map, large tentacles would come up from chasms/tunnels attack players, vehicles, and block passageways to other areas.
> > >
> > > These are all great ideas but
> > > the flood juggernaut kills you in one hit…
> >
> > One may suggest that you make sure not to get hit.
> >
> > One may also suggest that you make sure not to get hit by H2/H3 Jackal Snipers, or Halo 4’s constant swarms of Elite Generals carrying FRG, or Hunter’s, or Scarabs, or Wraiths, or Promethean Knight Commanders(Do they shoot? <mark>IDK Knights mostly just stand around admiring scenery)</mark>.
>
> While being badass’s

Eh. Their prowess in battle is quite inadequate.

> > > > > Flood:
> > > > > <mark>-Flood Juggernaut(s).</mark>
> > > > > -(Proto)Gravemind. Ideally on a High Charity map, large tentacles would come up from chasms/tunnels attack players, vehicles, and block passageways to other areas.
> > > >
> > > > These are all great ideas but
> > > > the flood juggernaut kills you in one hit…
> > >
> > > One may suggest that you make sure not to get hit.
> > >
> > > One may also suggest that you make sure not to get hit by H2/H3 Jackal Snipers, or Halo 4’s constant swarms of Elite Generals carrying FRG, or Hunter’s, or Scarabs, or Wraiths, or Promethean Knight Commanders(Do they shoot? <mark>IDK Knights mostly just stand around admiring scenery)</mark>.
> >
> > While being badass’s
>
> Eh. Their prowess in battle is quite inadequate.

OK, they have potential then :wink:

> > > > > > Flood:
> > > > > > <mark>-Flood Juggernaut(s).</mark>
> > > > > > -(Proto)Gravemind. Ideally on a High Charity map, large tentacles would come up from chasms/tunnels attack players, vehicles, and block passageways to other areas.
> > > > >
> > > > > These are all great ideas but
> > > > > the flood juggernaut kills you in one hit…
> > > >
> > > > One may suggest that you make sure not to get hit.
> > > >
> > > > One may also suggest that you make sure not to get hit by H2/H3 Jackal Snipers, or Halo 4’s constant swarms of Elite Generals carrying FRG, or Hunter’s, or Scarabs, or Wraiths, or Promethean Knight Commanders(Do they shoot? <mark>IDK Knights mostly just stand around admiring scenery)</mark>.
> > >
> > > While being badass’s
> >
> > Eh. Their prowess in battle is quite inadequate.
>
> OK, they have potential then :wink:

So long as they learn how to move around, along with apparently the rest of Halo 4’s AI, then they should be fine in the next game.

Honestly, I thought Skyrim’s AI were dumb, but videos like that gave me newfound respect for them. Even though they forget that I just shot them in the head with an arrow 10 seconds earlier.

meh. i wouldn’t enjoy bossfights much more than casual fights.
halo doesn’t need bosses in my opinion. the scarab fights
bring in variety but in my eyes it wasn’t really a boss fight
than just another vehicle that needs to be destroyed.
the only “real” boss-fight i remember in the halo-series
was at the end of #2, which i also did not really enjoy…
so no boss-fights for me.

> > Yeah, I like this idea!
> > The Didact “Boss level” wasn’t even a fight! All you had to do was press one button immediately! Such units like Scarabs were what really should have appeared in Halo 4 instead of that!
> >
> > I have some ideas of boss battles as well :slight_smile:
> > idea:(scroll down to mah post…)
> > https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst4707p87_THE-OFFICIAL-HALO-FEEDBACK-THREAD.aspx
>
> Allowing the Didact battle to be an actual Tartarus kind of boss fight still wouldn’t be a fight.
>
> You would empty all of your ammo into his armor, and it does nothing. You stand in the open, he uses gravity fields to slap you off the bridge. Stand behind cover and he disintegrates the cover, and you get slapped away. Or maybe choked.
>
>
> There couldn’t have been an actual boss fight without the player not even winning, the fight being a borning and long grind, or the Forerunner Promethean Commander being vastly underpowered… a major insult to his character and the Forerunners.

Fair enough, but it was a disappointment nevertheless…

> > > Flood:
> > > <mark>-Flood Juggernaut(s).</mark>
> > > -(Proto)Gravemind. Ideally on a High Charity map, large tentacles would come up from chasms/tunnels attack players, vehicles, and block passageways to other areas.
> >
> > These are all great ideas but
> > the flood juggernaut kills you in one hit…
>
> One may suggest that you make sure not to get hit.
>
> One may also suggest that you make sure not to get hit by H2/H3 Jackal Snipers, or Halo 4’s constant swarms of Elite Generals carrying FRG, or Hunter’s, or Scarabs, or Wraiths, or Promethean Knight Commanders(Do they shoot? IDK Knights mostly just stand around admiring scenery).

All I can say is:
You could dodge their attacks pretty easily
They aren’t 1sk(unless you really are out in the open and get headshot/get hit straight on by the blast…)

Compared to the Juggernauts which
I’m pretty sure charge at you, have large jump, increased speed, and 1sk you no matter what…and since they are close to you, they shouldn’t miss

> meh. i wouldn’t enjoy bossfights much more than casual fights.
> halo doesn’t need bosses in my opinion. the scarab fights
> bring in variety but in my eyes it wasn’t really a boss fight
> than just another vehicle that needs to be destroyed.
> the only “real” boss-fight i remember in the halo-series
> was at the end of #2, which i also did not really enjoy…
> so no boss-fights for me.

I really did enjoy scarabs and they definitely need to return. I just want a twist with a tough elite that is more than just constant shooting to win every fight.

I want to fight a war sphinx. #metroidprime

I’d be down for four Scarabs @ once.