Good and bad ideas for AAs

Hi guys. Just thought I’d start a bit of a discussion about the AAs we’re likely to see in Halo 4. I’m just trying to fulfil my hunger for Halo talk before E3 ='D

So think about it this way lets think of some awesome and awful(yet fair and plausible)AAs that we might see this E3 or on November 6th.

We could all mention one an AA that we’d love to see, and one that we’d hate to see. Remember to justify why it could be added to the game (So basically nothing like “Invincibility” or “Sentry Gun Drop” please). Think of some cool ideas that could make a fair and plausible AA whether you want it or not.

I’ll start with…
One I want: An ability that works with vehicles maybe? Like when you use it, it stabilises the vehicle from rolling, or rights it upright. Or maybe a speed boost? I Used to love ferrying players around in the Warthog or speeding to the opposing teams base in a mongoose to steal cool stuff hehe.

One I don’t want:
Something obviously defensive, like a shield (think bubble shield or deployable cover from H3). Anything that halts game flow and progress, (Yes I hated Armour Lock, and I think replacing it with something in the same light would just be ridiculous).

Oh and don’t say “No AAs!” Let’s be constructive guys! ='D

Thanks
Odin

How bout an aa that allows you to place one sender and one receiver node for a teleporter. I would like to see that but prob shouldnt spawn with it.

I would hate to see something that would allow you to be invincible like armor lock

I’d like to see something defensive, but not completely game breaking like armor lock. Maybe a shield that floats in front of you, protecting you from frontal fire, but exposes your shins? And stops you from shooting because it blocks your gun. That would make something defensive but plausible for being destroyed.

Something I wouldn’t want to be added, an additional speed boosting armor ability. With the exception of dodge roll, anything else would make the player go across the map too fast. But some people would like that, so I could see it being added.

I’ve always wanted a short time frame where your aiming systems take over and you get all headshots for a very short period of time but only available to everyone like twice a game and have it come on one of those randomized drop pods.

I freaking hate armor lock or invincibility because the flow of the game just stops.

Good ideas.
AAs.

Pick one.

An AA where you can melee extremely fast and very powerful-like. Except it can only be used when standing still and it takes 60 seconds to recharge also, you are vulnerable when doing the attack.

> An AA where you can melee extremely fast and very powerful-like. Except it can only be used when standing still and it takes 60 seconds to recharge also, you are vulnerable when doing the attack.

Maybe it would also make your weapon holster also? I envisioned a martial artist stance of sorts.

Good: Radar Jammer (I always hated the Camo radar jammer in Reach, but one with less area of effect and a much shorter duration would work well)

Bad: Omni-Blade AA

> > An AA where you can melee extremely fast and very powerful-like. Except it can only be used when standing still and it takes 60 seconds to recharge also, you are vulnerable when doing the attack.
>
> Maybe it would also make your weapon holster also? I envisioned a martial artist stance of sorts.

Yeah, same here.

Holstering your weapon is a good idea.

> > > An AA where you can melee extremely fast and very powerful-like. Except it can only be used when standing still and it takes 60 seconds to recharge also, you are vulnerable when doing the attack.
> >
> > Maybe it would also make your weapon holster also? I envisioned a martial artist stance of sorts.
>
> Yeah, same here.
>
> Holstering your weapon is a good idea.

Thanks, I’m trying to keep these ideas in the range of being balanced somewhat.

AA idea

Repulse

With a quick tap of a button if timed right and is close enough; bullets, vehicles, rockets and grenades will fly into a random direction for that second. Works like a gravity hammer with a rocket. What do you think?

> AA idea
>
> Repulse
>
> With a quick tap of a button if timed right and is close enough; bullets, vehicles, rockets and grenades will fly into a random direction for that second. Works like a gravity hammer with a rocket. What do you think?

It’s good, but I could see a group of players huddling in a corner and all using it in sequence to prevent a person (VIP, or Oddball holder) from being slain. Sort of like the drop shield in Reach. Remember, most AA’s could work in theory. It’s the community that makes them bad in practice.

I’m thinking active camo armor lock. Invisible AND invincible. It would be like playing GoldenEye 007 all over again :D. Oh and you would still be fully mobile. Make it happen 343!

> AA idea
>
> Repulse
>
> With a quick tap of a button if timed right and is close enough; bullets, vehicles, rockets and grenades will fly into a random direction for that second. Works like a gravity hammer with a rocket. What do you think?

I like it, but it should only deflect large projectiles like rockets or grenades, maybe even incoming players (no bullets or plasma), and give it a slow recharge time.

> > AA idea
> >
> > Repulse
> >
> > With a quick tap of a button if timed right and is close enough; bullets, vehicles, rockets and grenades will fly into a random direction for that second. Works like a gravity hammer with a rocket. What do you think?
>
> It’s good, but I could see a group of players huddling in a corner and all using it in sequence to prevent a person (VIP, or Oddball holder) from being slain. Sort of like the drop shield in Reach. Remember, most AA’s could work in theory. It’s the community that makes them bad in practice.

If it makes vehicles fly away, wouldn’t it make people fly away too? So, if people are huddled together, soon as someone uses it they ain’t huddled anymore (not quite flung across the map either, but separate enough that a well-timed sniper/Railgun/Rocket/grenade/other precision or explosive weapon could theoretically kill the target. Maybe even have a couple people AR-ing them to whittle down their shields and such).

OT: maybe a revamped Armor Lock, one which gives you a significant damage resistance (50%?), but also slows down movement speed (I’m thinking similar to armor mode in Crysis).

Maybe a power which highlights enemies in front of you (essentially a ProVision that can’t see through walls and doesn’t obscure long range vision-though doesn’t highlight from a long range either. Also can’t see Invis, and highlights Holograms as well).

Trying to think of original AA’s is hard…both of the above were inspired by Crysis :confused:

> > > AA idea
> > >
> > > Repulse
> > >
> > > With a quick tap of a button if timed right and is close enough; bullets, vehicles, rockets and grenades will fly into a random direction for that second. Works like a gravity hammer with a rocket. What do you think?
> >
> > It’s good, but I could see a group of players huddling in a corner and all using it in sequence to prevent a person (VIP, or Oddball holder) from being slain. Sort of like the drop shield in Reach. Remember, most AA’s could work in theory. It’s the community that makes them bad in practice.
>
> If it makes vehicles fly away, wouldn’t it make people fly away too? So, if people are huddled together, soon as someone uses it they ain’t huddled anymore (not quite flung across the map either, but separate enough that a well-timed sniper/Railgun/Rocket/grenade/other precision or explosive weapon could theoretically kill the target. Maybe even have a couple people AR-ing them to whittle down their shields and such).
>
> OT: maybe a revamped Armor Lock, one which gives you a significant damage resistance (50%?), but also slows down movement speed (I’m thinking similar to armor mode in Crysis).
>
> Maybe a power which highlights enemies in front of you (essentially a ProVision that can’t see through walls and doesn’t obscure long range vision-though doesn’t highlight from a long range either. Also can’t see Invis, and highlights Holograms as well).
>
> Trying to think of original AA’s is hard…both of the above were inspired by Crysis :confused:

Wow, to be honest I didn’t think that anyone would like my idea! thanks!

I could see a similar concept of a portable gun turret ability. One that operates and acts like a stationary turret we already know once deployed. The modification I’d make to it though is it being loaded for a total of 200 rounds and after, its used up. the purpose of this is the simple fact you’d be carrying this around and be able to drop it anywhere.

Invincibility, especially mobile invincibility (Halo 3 equipment) needs to stop. It’s a GREAT campaign item, but when it comes down to the here and now, it’s just not workable for a multiplayer setting.

An AA I would like to see is a passive one that doesn’t benefit you, but benefits your team. Like an AA that slowly heals all your teammates around you. Kind of like the health regen equipment in halo 3. It would be a cool AA and wouldnt effect the gameplay much.

> Remember, most AA’s could work in theory. It’s the community that makes them bad in practice.

Perfect description of Armor Lock.

OT: I’m not in a creative mood, so sorry if this sucks.

Tripwire: You designate an area, (Like a wall) and a device is placed that emits a “laser-wire” and your suit beeps when ever someone trips the wire, it’s not destructive or anything, it just lets you know when someone crosses it and…

Wait…

Bad Ideas: Tripwire. Reason: Camper abuse.

I’ll return when I have something better…

> > Remember, most AA’s could work in theory. It’s the community that makes them bad in practice.
>
> Perfect description of Armor Lock.

And jetpack, and invisibility… :stuck_out_tongue:

OnT:
Magnet: allows the player to polarise his armor so that it becomes magnetic for a short while. Can be used to attract vehicles or push them away (bigger effect on small vehicles).

Eyes in the back: When you’re shot in the back you instantly turns 180 degrees to face your opponent.