Good and Bad Grunts

One of the best parts of halo 2 was being able to play alongside of the covenant. I think that playing along side grunts in halo 4 would be awesome. I was looking through some halo pictures and I noticed that one grunt had blue lighting (Blue grunt) and another had red lighting (Red grunt). I realize that this could just be two different knds of grunts but than I thought about the didact symbols.

The old one (good one) used to be blue but the new one (seems to be evil) is red and upside down Didact symbols.

Could we also be fighting alongside good prometheans (Blue prometheans) and against evil ones (Orange prometheans).

My conclusion is that there is a good and bad didact, good and bad prometheans and good and bad aliens. Since the covenant doesn’t really exist anymore the bad aliens could be the storm and the good ones could be something else.

P.s. This is all speculation so don’t hate.

Is the Didact symbol meant to be the collection of lights on his gas tank? I don’t think it’s the Didact symbol, but I never thought of Covenant religious fanatics following one of their “Oracles” as a reason for the Covenant to still be an enemy.

The Arbiter and Half-Jaw probably still maintain control over the faction who no longer believe in the Great Journey whereas the religious faction could have been looking for a leader and found it in this ancient evil (I’m guessing some sort of AI).

I say I think it’s an AI because the Didact actually valued all life and was an opponent to the building of the Halos to begin with…

> One of the best parts of halo 2 was being able to play alongside of the covenant. I think that playing along side grunts in halo 4 would be awesome. I was looking through some halo pictures and I noticed that one grunt had blue lighting (Blue grunt) and another had red lighting (Red grunt). I realize that this could just be two different knds of grunts but than I thought about the didact symbols.
>
> The old one (good one) used to be blue but the new one (seems to be evil) is red and upside down Didact symbols.
>
> Could we also be fighting alongside good prometheans (Blue prometheans) and against evil ones (Orange prometheans).
>
> My conclusion is that there is a good and bad didact, good and bad prometheans and good and bad aliens. Since the covenant doesn’t really exist anymore the bad aliens could be the storm and the good ones could be something else.
>
> P.s. This is all speculation so don’t hate.

Its actually a good theory.

> > One of the best parts of halo 2 was being able to play alongside of the covenant. I think that playing along side grunts in halo 4 would be awesome. I was looking through some halo pictures and I noticed that one grunt had blue lighting (Blue grunt) and another had red lighting (Red grunt). I realize that this could just be two different knds of grunts but than I thought about the didact symbols.
> >
> > The old one (good one) used to be blue but the new one (seems to be evil) is red and upside down Didact symbols.
> >
> > Could we also be fighting alongside good prometheans (Blue prometheans) and against evil ones (Orange prometheans).
> >
> > My conclusion is that there is a good and bad didact, good and bad prometheans and good and bad aliens. Since the covenant doesn’t really exist anymore the bad aliens could be the storm and the good ones could be something else.
> >
> > P.s. This is all speculation so don’t hate.
>
> Its actually a good theory.

Thanks

And if you look at the explosion that the blue grunt is flying from its a plasma nade. So it’s even more likely that another alien got him.

> Red grunt

People have probably brought this up, but is that a Promethean Knight in the background next to a Grunt?

All Grunts are bad Grunts. Master Chief is not a fan favorite among them.

> > Red grunt
>
> People have probably brought this up, but is that a Promethean Knight in the background next to a Grunt?

I think it is, yeah.

> All Grunts are bad Grunts. Master Chief is not a fan favorite among them.

Weren’t there “good” grunts in halo 2 campaign?

> > All Grunts are bad Grunts. Master Chief is not a fan favorite among them.
>
> Weren’t there “good” grunts in halo 2 campaign?

Yeah, there were on the side of Arbiter.

> > > All Grunts are bad Grunts. Master Chief is not a fan favorite among them.
> >
> > Weren’t there “good” grunts in halo 2 campaign?
>
> Yeah, there were on the side of Arbiter.

Exactly, and it doesn’t look like we’re going to be playing as any Elites in Co-op Campaign. Personally I would like to play as my Spartan from SO and MM in Co-op Campaign. At least asthetic wise.

> > > > All Grunts are bad Grunts. Master Chief is not a fan favorite among them.
> > >
> > > Weren’t there “good” grunts in halo 2 campaign?
> >
> > Yeah, there were on the side of Arbiter.
>
> Exactly, and it doesn’t look like we’re going to be playing as any Elites in Co-op Campaign. Personally I would like to play as my Spartan from SO and MM in Co-op Campaign. At least asthetic wise.

I’m pretty sure that they said everyone will play as the master chief in campaign but spartan ops and multiplayer will be your own character. But I still think it would be cool to fight along an army of grunts, marines, spartan IV’s, odst’s, prometheans, jackals and elites.

I also think that since the bad guys are most likely gonna be called the storm the good guys should be called the sunshine :wink: