Gold is tougher than Plat *Diamond*

I’m not too sure why my rank reset completely and it didn’t have any of my past data cause my top rank went missing but I used to have plat 1 or just below it and after the reset I ended up in gold but the smurfs in gold have made it more difficult I literally don’t think I can get out of gold because I’m fighting champ level some of the time.

I actaully meant diamond, I thought it went daimond then plat.

Not sure what you´re trying to say here really but there´ll be a new season soon enough with another chance to do better during placement matches.

> 2535409260317548;2:
> Not sure what you´re trying to say here really but there´ll be a new season soon enough with another chance to do better during placement matches.

What I meant was cause my highest rank dissapeared would that mean my past rank wasn’t taking into account?

> 2533274962122285;3:
> > 2535409260317548;2:
> > Not sure what you´re trying to say here really but there´ll be a new season soon enough with another chance to do better during placement matches.
>
>
> What I meant was cause my highest rank dissapeared would that mean my past rank wasn’t taking into account?

I don´t think your past rank has anything at all to do with how you place in a new season. It´s only determined by your performance during the 10 placement matches. And my God those 10 placement matches and rank can be a mixed bag. You can walk all over diamonds in one game only to get squashed by golds in the very next game.

> 2535409260317548;4:
> > 2533274962122285;3:
> > > 2535409260317548;2:
> > > Not sure what you´re trying to say here really but there´ll be a new season soon enough with another chance to do better during placement matches.
> >
> >
> > What I meant was cause my highest rank dissapeared would that mean my past rank wasn’t taking into account?
>
>
> I don´t think your past rank has anything at all to do with how you place in a new season. It´s only determined by your performance during the 10 placement matches. And my God those 10 placement matches and rank can be a mixed bag. You can walk all over diamonds in one game only to get squashed by golds in the very next game.

I’ve heard a lot of people on YouTube mention that your passed rank gets taking into account

though the matches I had that where smurfed where also maps I’ve never played before but I don’t know if I lost as many games in my placement as I have before.

Ok that would be news to me. Anyways, I feel as if its really difficult to do anything without a fireteam and as I play solo for the most part I get screwed over in my placement matches all the time. I end up every season in Platinum, and sometimes have to go from Gold 5/6 to platinum after placement matches.

Sometimes the ranking system is confusing, i also find that playing against gold players is slightly harder than platinum players

> 2535409260317548;4:
> > 2533274962122285;3:
> > > 2535409260317548;2:
> > > Not sure what you´re trying to say here really but there´ll be a new season soon enough with another chance to do better during placement matches.
> >
> >
> > What I meant was cause my highest rank dissapeared would that mean my past rank wasn’t taking into account?
>
>
> I don´t think your past rank has anything at all to do with how you place in a new season. It´s only determined by your performance during the 10 placement matches. And my God those 10 placement matches and rank can be a mixed bag. You can walk all over diamonds in one game only to get squashed by golds in the very next game.

Its all about how your team preformed. Not personal skill, that only counts in onyx

> 2533274855642773;7:
> Sometimes the ranking system is confusing, i also find that playing against gold players is slightly harder than platinum players

I think they’re are more skilled people in gold than champ. I’ve faced some champ ranked players and those guys weren’t as tough as people in gold. I even fought a champ once who ended the game with a 0.3

I’ve never been thrashed as bad as I have been in gold and most of them are smurfs. There is no way some one should have a negative over all KD then be impossible to kill.

> 2533274962122285;1:
> I’m not too sure why my rank reset completely and it didn’t have any of my past data cause my top rank went missing but I used to have plat 1 or just below it and after the reset I ended up in gold but the smurfs in gold have made it more difficult I literally don’t think I can get out of gold because I’m fighting champ level some of the time.

I reached Platinum 2 in both Slayer and Swatand have been matched against diamonds often. However ,I never make it past Gold 2 or 3 in arena because of my teammates and I typically end up ranking middle silver every month in arena. And to Be honest, I’m glad. I totally wreck silver players almost every match I lead the team in kills and doing the objective. I don’t want to rank up as it only gets harder. Do you really want to rank up to the point you are getting stomped every match and can’t get kills. Play for fun and forget the rank. Rank means nothing unless you are going pro.

> 2533274825101441;10:
> > 2533274962122285;1:
> > I’m not too sure why my rank reset completely and it didn’t have any of my past data cause my top rank went missing but I used to have plat 1 or just below it and after the reset I ended up in gold but the smurfs in gold have made it more difficult I literally don’t think I can get out of gold because I’m fighting champ level some of the time.
>
>
> I reached Platinum 2 in both Slayer and Swatand have been matched against diamonds often. However ,I never make it past Gold 2 or 3 in arena because of my teammates and I typically end up ranking middle silver every month in arena. And to Be honest, I’m glad. I totally wreck silver players almost every match I lead the team in kills and doing the objective. I don’t want to rank up as it only gets harder. Do you really want to rank up to the point you are getting stomped every match and can’t get kills. Play for fun and forget the rank. Rank means nothing unless you are going pro.

The fun of being a higher rank is that you are going against people your skill level.

> 2533274848011469;11:
> > 2533274825101441;10:
> > > 2533274962122285;1:
> > > I’m not too sure why my rank reset completely and it didn’t have any of my past data cause my top rank went missing but I used to have plat 1 or just below it and after the reset I ended up in gold but the smurfs in gold have made it more difficult I literally don’t think I can get out of gold because I’m fighting champ level some of the time.
> >
> >
> > I reached Platinum 2 in both Slayer and Swatand have been matched against diamonds often. However ,I never make it past Gold 2 or 3 in arena because of my teammates and I typically end up ranking middle silver every month in arena. And to Be honest, I’m glad. I totally wreck silver players almost every match I lead the team in kills and doing the objective. I don’t want to rank up as it only gets harder. Do you really want to rank up to the point you are getting stomped every match and can’t get kills. Play for fun and forget the rank. Rank means nothing unless you are going pro.
>
>
> The fun of being a higher rank is that you are going against people your skill level.

I get that, but at the same time, based on my experience, I only play players at my skill level half the time. They are either considerably better than me or vice versa I’m considerably better than them. I have quite a few times seen onyx players being matched against silvers. Not often , but still it happens. My point is the matchmaking system is not that great and to not worry about it. Hence, not worry about rank.

Gold is not tougher than Plat. But when the ranks get reset, players that were previously Diamond can get put into Gold. So they’ll rank back up again, and until that happens, Gold and Plat will be tougher than usual.

This is true;

> 2533274792641480;13:
> Gold is not tougher than Plat. But when the ranks get reset, players that were previously Diamond can get put into Gold. So they’ll rank back up again, and until that happens, Gold and Plat will be tougher than usual.

This is also true;

> 2533274825101441;12:
> I get that, but at the same time, based on my experience, I only play players at my skill level half the time. They are either considerably better than me or vice versa I’m considerably better than them. I have quite a few times seen onyx players being matched against silvers. Not often , but still it happens. My point is the matchmaking system is not that great and to not worry about it. Hence, not worry about rank.

Halo5’s matchmaking is completely different than anything before it. Half the playlists are ranked but all match like it’s an open tennis tournament first round. Compared to every online Halo before, there isn’t a feeling of experience progression except for those truly shooting for the top rank. And, while they have made adjustments, I see the games get posted online that show very unfocused ranked matching are still happening.

I have the experience to know when my team is experienced but not communicating, all a bunch of shinies, if the other team is the same, and many, many combinations as a random playing in a chaotic warzone, and I can play accordingly. Halo5 is the game that feels punishing for running random because every game is a random skill-match, ranked or social, and 7 out of 10 times, the system thinks I’m the one Spartan army meant to tilt an actual social playlists’ matchmaking into “balanced” on my team… Which, it’s always done, but there was a feeling of progressing through skills.

I used to be able to pwn for a few games before the system figured out how to place me on teams, then it’d get difficult, but not frustrating every other game. I’d get tossed into really lop-sided matches every dozen or so, not nearly every other. I’d be with randoms much more often than randoms vs a team.

Was never one to worry about rank because online random crap is no way to stroke my ego (bullet refunding makes you rage? You have never seen me rage! :), but this is the first time I actually hold a negative view on its influence into Halo’s matchmaking.

It may work for the hardcore/dedicated… But I’ll be honest, if I could be playing, I wouldn’t be typing!

> 2533274962122285;9:
> > 2533274855642773;7:
> > Sometimes the ranking system is confusing, i also find that playing against gold players is slightly harder than platinum players
>
>
> I think they’re are more skilled people in gold than champ. I’ve faced some champ ranked players and those guys weren’t as tough as people in gold. I even fought a champ once who ended the game with a 0.3
>
> I’ve never been thrashed as bad as I have been in gold and most of them are smurfs. There is no way some one should have a negative over all KD then be impossible to kill.

This is utter nonsense haha. Gold smurfs better than champs? Who do you think the best smurfs are?

Also seems to be a bug with the website, if you check your previous seasons ranks your platinum is still there.

I’ve also noticed people getting ranked alot lower than they actually are/were last season. Me for example, i had onyx last season and this season i got placed in Plat (!!!). While i worked my way up to the Diamond division, i looked at some player records at halowaypoint of some of the people i played against, and i’ve seen quite alot people that also had onyx in past seasons but were Plat now. While this makes ranking up getting back to my previous rank unnecessary difficult, it’s not impossible.
But yeah, ranking systems is garbage.

> 2533274825101441;10:
> > 2533274962122285;1:
> > I’m not too sure why my rank reset completely and it didn’t have any of my past data cause my top rank went missing but I used to have plat 1 or just below it and after the reset I ended up in gold but the smurfs in gold have made it more difficult I literally don’t think I can get out of gold because I’m fighting champ level some of the time.
>
>
> I reached Platinum 2 in both Slayer and Swatand have been matched against diamonds often. However ,I never make it past Gold 2 or 3 in arena because of my teammates and I typically end up ranking middle silver every month in arena. And to Be honest, I’m glad. I totally wreck silver players almost every match I lead the team in kills and doing the objective. I don’t want to rank up as it only gets harder. Do you really want to rank up to the point you are getting stomped every match and can’t get kills. Play for fun and forget the rank. Rank means nothing unless you are going pro.

It’s difficult to play for fun when there are smurfs playing that know how to spawn trap they shouldn’t even be ranked in gold.

In gold it is the 1st time I’ve seen players working hard as a team. I never really saw it as intensely as before.

Down in gold I’ve seen a few irregular stats, people getting perfections with a very negative kd in slayer, people who’s k/d don’t match there total kills & deaths with it some times showing a lower or even k/d.

> 2533274821773458;15:
> > 2533274962122285;9:
> > > 2533274855642773;7:
> > > Sometimes the ranking system is confusing, i also find that playing against gold players is slightly harder than platinum players
> >
> >
> > I think they’re are more skilled people in gold than champ. I’ve faced some champ ranked players and those guys weren’t as tough as people in gold. I even fought a champ once who ended the game with a 0.3
> >
> > I’ve never been thrashed as bad as I have been in gold and most of them are smurfs. There is no way some one should have a negative over all KD then be impossible to kill.
>
>
> This is utter nonsense haha. Gold smurfs better than champs? Who do you think the best smurfs are?
>
> Also seems to be a bug with the website, if you check your previous seasons ranks your platinum is still there.

Exept people I’ve faced that had champ rank weren’t as tough as the people I’m facing in gold.

Anyone remember when they did the new after-game section and it would say ‘Diamond Rank’ when it was a Platinum Rank?

> 2533274962122285;17:
> > 2533274825101441;10:
> > > 2533274962122285;1:
> > > I’m not too sure why my rank reset completely and it didn’t have any of my past data cause my top rank went missing but I used to have plat 1 or just below it and after the reset I ended up in gold but the smurfs in gold have made it more difficult I literally don’t think I can get out of gold because I’m fighting champ level some of the time.
> >
> >
> > I reached Platinum 2 in both Slayer and Swatand have been matched against diamonds often. However ,I never make it past Gold 2 or 3 in arena because of my teammates and I typically end up ranking middle silver every month in arena. And to Be honest, I’m glad. I totally wreck silver players almost every match I lead the team in kills and doing the objective. I don’t want to rank up as it only gets harder. Do you really want to rank up to the point you are getting stomped every match and can’t get kills. Play for fun and forget the rank. Rank means nothing unless you are going pro.
>
>
> It’s difficult to play for fun when there are smurfs playing that know how to spawn trap they shouldn’t even be ranked in gold.
>
> In gold it is the 1st time I’ve seen players working hard as a team. I never really saw it as intensely as before.
>
> Down in gold I’ve seen a few irregular stats, people getting perfections with a very negative kd in slayer, people who’s k/d don’t match there total kills & deaths with it some times showing a lower or even k/d.

I pretty much play gold and silver players all the time. Thats where I get placed. I have only seen a maybe 2 or three instances of smurfing. I will go and look at players stats if I get beat badly. I have only seen maybe 2 players that were obvious smurfs.Where they had played less than 20 games in total and with a CSR or 20 or lower and utterly destroy players. i do know that the rare occasion I have gotten matched with players that had mics and we talked we would destroy the other team so bad it would make it look like we were smurfs. If you are playing with randoms like me, and you play against a team of golds that are communicating, you are most likely going to get beat bad. But I do concede there are smurfs.