Going to miss the Halo 5 AR.

Look at that color palette:

Halo 5 MA5D

But instead we’re going to something more like this (keep in mind this isn’t a render, it’s cut from a trailer, but it looks consistent with the 8 minute demo):

Halo Infinite MA40

Now compare that to the original design of the Reach AR:

Halo Reach MA37

And in terms of gameplay, it’s looking like Infinite is ditching the higher accuracy of the Halo 5 AR as well, considering its crosshairs don’t rest on fully closed. Combined with the removal of smart scope, and the addition of what appears to be a full auto DMR thing to compete with it, the AR might be once again a “drop as soon as possible” weapon. Rest in peace, my friend. You had a good 5 year run.

> 2533274801472802;1:
> Look at that color palette:
>
> Halo 5 MA5D

Actually, I’ve never liked the color scheme of the H5G assault rifle. It looked like a toy instead of a weapon. Even Halo 4’s looked better.
That being said, we already know there will be at least weapon skins in multiplayer, so there’s a chance that the design could return, maybe even with its own dedicated 3D model.

> 2533274801472802;1:
> Look at that color palette:
>
> Halo 5 MA5DBut instead we’re going to something more like this (keep in mind this isn’t a render, it’s cut from a trailer, but it looks consistent with the 8 minute demo):
>
> Halo Infinite MA40Now compare that to the original design of the Reach AR:
>
> Halo Reach MA37And in terms of gameplay, it’s looking like Infinite is ditching the higher accuracy of the Halo 5 AR as well, considering its crosshairs don’t rest on fully closed. Combined with the removal of smart scope, and the addition of what appears to be a full auto DMR thing to compete with it, the AR might be once again a “drop as soon as possible” weapon. Rest in peace, my friend. You had a good 5 year run.

I agree. They finally got it right with respect to the AR in Halo 5. It felt both accurate and powerful.

I still hope it is in the game. Never been a fan of the Reach AR with the ammo counter sticking out and killing the distinct AR silhouette. This one in particular is narrower, textureless and the ammo visor is too dimmer and boring, don’t you think? The Halo 5 one has a more bulky appearance and therefore looks more powerful and advanced.

The function of the AR was finally put into an ideal-ish spot post-tune in Halo 5. I’m going to be very disappointed if they don’t revert what was shown in the demo to something that mimics Halo 5’s AR function.