Going dark next year

I think sometime next year, i’m going to go completely dark so that I know nothing of the enemies, campaign, scenery etc etc in Halo 4. I really want to have that feeling of “Wthe hell is that?!” when I see the new enemies and brilliant scenery. Anyone else thinking of doing this?

I might also threaten my friends with the penalty of death if they try to tell me anything about it xD

I would love to go dark now lol. Im super glad 343 didnt show too much at PAX. I want this to feel like CE all over again. The way Bungie leaked all of that stuff about Halo Reach really diminished the wow factor for me. I know it was my fault for not going dark, but still… I hope 343 keeps a lot of secrets lol.

I want to go dark but I know I won’t be able…

> I want to go dark but I know I won’t be able…

Same same :frowning: I really want to go dark but the temptation to check up on whats going on will be too great xD

> I wish I’d gone dark for Reach. I tried to once I realized how spoilery the info was, but by then the damage had been done. I wish I would have been able to say in utter amazement “holy sh*t, am I really going into space?!” during LNoS. Instead, it was “Oh, this must be the space fighting mission. I hope it’s good.” I knew exactly what the skirmishers were and how to fight them. Nothing was a surprise, hence, not quite as exhilarating.
>
> I’m not making that mistake again

I felt exactly the same way about LNoS! And I couldn’t have gone dark for reach. I was way too excited. The two weeks before the release I watched every video over and over and rechecked the Bungie website daily.

I think I could go dark before Halo 4 though with enough willpower :slight_smile:

> > I wish I’d gone dark for Reach. I tried to once I realized how spoilery the info was, but by then the damage had been done. I wish I would have been able to say in utter amazement “holy sh*t, am I really going into space?!” during LNoS. Instead, it was “Oh, this must be the space fighting mission. I hope it’s good.” I knew exactly what the skirmishers were and how to fight them. Nothing was a surprise, hence, not quite as exhilarating.
> >
> > I’m not making that mistake again
>
> I felt exactly the same way about LNoS! And I couldn’t have gone dark for reach. I was way too excited. The two weeks before the release I watched every video over and over and rechecked the Bungie website daily.
>
>
> I think I could go dark before Halo 4 though with enough willpower :slight_smile:

If 343 has to show off a part of campaign, I hope that 343 creates a Demo Level that wont be in campaign. That way we can watch it, and learn gameplay mechanics without having to learn about spoilers

> If 343 has to show off a part of campaign, I hope that 343 creates a Demo Level that wont be in campaign. That way we can watch it, and learn gameplay mechanics without having to learn about spoilers

But then it won’t be as polished and fans will be like Wut da trux 343?!? This looks like poop. I am not buying this and I’m going to wipe my butthurt everywhere. It’s so much better to just show off one of the missions than to make a demo one… maybe that’s just my view on it… I don’t know…

Ive been ‘going dark’ with alot of games lately, it makes it 10x times better when you play it.

So what would be your cut off point to go dark? Im assuming just before E3 next year! That seems the logical next step for any reveal!

Same, i could never do it, even if I wanted to

> I think sometime next year, i’m going to go completely dark so that I know nothing of the enemies, campaign, scenery etc etc in Halo 4. I really want to have that feeling of “Wthe hell is that?!” when I see the new enemies and brilliant scenery. Anyone else thinking of doing this?
>
>
> I might also threaten my friends with the penalty of death if they try to tell me anything about it xD

Good luck man, i have been trying with Gears 3, except I have been watching gameplay videos, but I am only sticking to multiplayer/horde. I have avoided most campaign videos, except for trailers, so story-wise will be surprised. I say for Halo 4 atleast watch multiplayer videos or you will go insane and probably suffer from Halo withdrawls, I have seen it happen before… why do you think there is that crazy marine in every halo game

I’ll probably do what I did for Reach. Watch the first few videos that arrive, and then skip most of the story ones, and only watch multiplayer stuff.

> > I think sometime next year, i’m going to go completely dark so that I know nothing of the enemies, campaign, scenery etc etc in Halo 4. I really want to have that feeling of “Wthe hell is that?!” when I see the new enemies and brilliant scenery. Anyone else thinking of doing this?
> >
> >
> > I might also threaten my friends with the penalty of death if they try to tell me anything about it xD
>
> Good luck man, i have been trying with Gears 3, except I have been watching gameplay videos, but I am only sticking to multiplayer/horde. I have avoided most campaign videos, except for trailers, so story-wise will be surprised. I say for Halo 4 atleast watch multiplayer videos or you will go insane and probably suffer from Halo withdrawls, I have seen it happen before… why do you think there is that crazy marine in every halo game

Good luck to you also :slight_smile:
And i’ve been doing the same as you with Gears 3, I feel your pain xD
I think I’ll most likely begin to act like the crazy marine if I go dark with Halo 4, but i’m going to try :’)

Never thought about going dark, I didn’t know this “technique”! It’s a great idea, I’ll try that for Halo 4 and will try to convince my friend to do so. Tanks OP.

I’m staying away from the Bethesda forums as Skyrim draws nearer.
Halo 4? probably not… maybe a week before release though :slight_smile:

There is no chance I am going dark for Halo 4. I am absolutely devouring every scrap of information that comes out for the game. I’m way too much of an addict to quit cold. :slight_smile:

Saber Khai