Going Dark (Live and SPOILER-FREE)

THE BASICS

Today, I made the decision. I am about to do the hardest thing ever, after seeing the reveal of the game and understanding what Halo 4 will be about- I will shut myself out of the internet, and gaming sites and everything. I failed at Mass Effect 3, but I will not fail here.

Right now, everyone can talk freely and speculate but come February 29 (at the Xbox Showcase), this thread will officially go live. Bookmark this, people, you aren’t going to want to search through the forum for it- titles have ruined things for me countless times before. And at the toughest of times, when we see a Halo 4 trailer icon on our Youtube home pages, we will come to this thread and b**** like we never had before.

I am a weak human being, I can’t do this alone. But the love I have for Halo 3- a game to which I came in knowing nothing about- will keep me going. Join me dark goers, we must unite and survive this terrible experience together!!!

I do expect there to be that one little a** that will come to our thread and post a list of new info just to troll us, but hopefully the mods will be on our side, ready to eliminate those trolls.

Hopefully I’m not alone, I know that Reach’s marketing destroyed the game for me, and that 343i revealed most of Anniversary before release as well. Maybe this is different, but I’m am not about to take that chance.

My spoiler-free plan:

1. Watch the reveal of the game in order to make sure I want to buy it (it would have to really suck to make me doubt).

2. If in doubt, watch the next trailer and make a decision.

3. Only watch Multi-Player videos if I’m absolutely certain that the maps aren’t taken or implemented into campaign. If they are, go COMPLETELY dark.

4. If I have an important question, and want a vague answer, I will send out a scout* to do this for me. For instance “Is there a good Forge Map with the retail game?” or “Does it seem like the story has potential?”

5. If I find myself watching a video or reading a bit of news about Halo 4, I must slit my wrist.

What are scouts?

Whenever one of us has a legitimately important question to do with the game, a scout will click the “NEW TOPIC” button and ask, while making it clear he/she wants a vague, non-revealing answer, ask the question to the wider community. This will be a risk, still, considering how many Light Goers are out there that might just spoil everything. After getting an answer, they will return to this thread and report their findings.

Anyone willing to scout, please say so in the comments.

Our current scouts are:
-IIBloodDaggerII
-philipnash19
-ReversingTime
-Tackelberry212
-OVER9000BLARGS
-xXSc4ryVisionXx
-Shforteenteen14
-TardyCoolboy456
-ILive4Him14
-MRUSSELL5

TL;DR

This thread has one rule:

NO SPOILERS WILL BE TOLERATED.

Small update: NO SPOILER TAGGING EITHER.

Good luck to us!

Snape dies!

OT: good thread idea, I’ll be bookmarking this thread and using it whenever I need to! Thanks OP!

I comepletely agree. It was a sad day when someone posted a very big spoiler in GoW 3, and I will definetley rage if I see one huge bit of a spoiler in Halo 4.

I will scout!

To all who are going to try to go dark, I envy your ability to do so, for I will never be able to go dark for something like this.

Bonne Chance! (Good Luck)

While I definitely like and appreciate the idea of this thread, I doubt it will work. I can imagine the title attracting people who are there just to spoil you. If this thread becomes succesful, you could ask the moderation team if they want to help you with your goal of having a thread for people who want to go dark, but want to discuss Halo 4 here. If you can get someone to watch this thread from people who try to spoil your fun, you’ll have better chance of succeeding at your goal of having a completely spoiler free enviroment.

I like the idea, and hope all the best for your goal.

For every damn new game I say this, and I always break the promise and -Yoink- myself over, because I just love the sense of hype on forums and hyping up the game with the community, etc.

I’m pretty sure I haven’t played a game spoiler-free since Portal 2 :frowning:

I did this for Reach, too; I didn’t want to see ANY of the campaign footage, or the maps besides the beta ones.

Also: once it starts getting closer to launch day for Halo 4, I’m getting off the forums. I love these forums, but I’m not having some jerk post a spoiler in the title of a topic. I’ll get back on after I play the campaign of Halo 4, though. :slight_smile:

I really like this idea, I did the same thing for Halo: Reach, and I will be more than happy to join after e3

(do not worry I will not post any spoilers, I just want to see a trailer.)

But when it is within three months of being released, I will not be on the forums, and will ONLY return after beating the campaign on Halo 4.

hmm I have been feeling like things will be spoiled for me if i stay here because some people have read glasslands, pimordium, and cryptum. I personally haven’t but for the people that have they keep ruining some little things for me. like I didn’t know there were spartan IVs and now that i know that it won’t be a surprise when i get there.

I don’t have the will power to attempt this, I admire you guys at least giving it a try. However, 70% are sure to ultimately give in, that’s how it goes for almost anything. I’ve seen people trying to not listen to the album they’ve been highly anticipating when it leaks and instead waiting until it hits stores. That’s usually a horrendous, agonizing 1-2 week wait. Most fall-flat on their faces or end up taking their own lives.

Good luck to you brave men.

> I will scout!

Much appreciated, you’re on the list.

I always try to do this but sometimes it’s too tempting, like right now i wanna see Assassin’s Creed Revelations videos but have not been able to get my hands on it so i spend my spare time here.

Heyooooohhhh!

I will scout.
I like some information about the game, but not too much. I will never spoil anything big on purpose for you guys.

> For every damn new game I say this, and I always break the promise and Yoink! myself over, because I just love the sense of hype on forums and hyping up the game with the community, etc.
>
> I’m pretty sure I haven’t played a game spoiler-free since Portal 2 :frowning:

So youve been looking at spoilers since last year?

I havent played a game spoiler free since halo 2…but I blame the french for posting early gameplay of the arbiter…afterwards was more of anticipation and hype that devoured my patience.

> I will scout.
> I like some information about the game, but not too much. I will never spoil anything big on purpose for you guys.

Thank you very much, added to the post.

This thread is an interesting idea…

Bookmarked.

This is going to be extremely difficult, guys. All I have to say is good luck, and, like you said, watch out for that one chuckle-head who decides to post all information on here.

ill scout!