Going dark come October 5th

I will go dark after October 5th. The reason I chose that date is because I will probably come to the forum to discuss the first episode of FUD. After that, I refuse to go to the forum until I have the game, regardless of how hard it will be. I will still read the Bulletins, but if I see a heading stating something in the next section I don’t want to know about, I will either skip down or click the back icon until my left mouse button blows up.

I know a whole lot already, way more than I said to myself I would know before the release. It’s so hard to keep from looking up new info because it gets me excited every time I read new info or a new Bulletin. I honestly don’t want to know much more, and I know that the Bulletins most likely will not spoil everything about the game like topics on the forum will closer to launch.

This is my new plan.

Not to be rude but…

I really hope this post doesn’t make more people post about going dark. Had a bunch of those a while back and it got rather annoying.

> I will go dark after October 5th. The reason I chose that date is because I will probably come to the forum to discuss the first episode of FUD. After that, I refuse to go to the forum until I have the game, regardless of how hard it will be. I will still read the Bulletins, but if I see a heading stating something in the next section I don’t want to know about, I will either skip down or click the back icon until my left mouse button blows up.
>
> I know a whole lot already, way more than I said to myself I would know before the release. It’s so hard to keep from looking up new info because it gets me excited every time I read new info or a new Bulletin. I honestly don’t want to know much more, and I know that the Bulletins most likely will not spoil everything about the game like topics on the forum will closer to launch.
>
> This is my new plan.

.
.
.
.
.
.
then dont click on them

I won’t go completely dark, I’ll just stick with multiplayer info until the game comes out. I won’t be bummed out if they spoil a surprise map/gametype as much as I would be if I had the ending of the campaign or a major chunk of the Spartan Ops story spoiled for me. Spoiling the story is a million times worse than spoiling multiplayer stuff.

By the way, you don’t have to announce that your going dark. If you want to go dark, fine, just keep it to yourself. However, if you just announce it to the world, you could attract trolls who find it humorous to spoil things for people going dark.

> I won’t go completely dark, I’ll just stick with multiplayer info until the game comes out. I won’t be bummed out if they spoil a surprise map/gametype as much as I would be if I had the ending of the campaign or a major chunk of the Spartan Ops story spoiled for me. Spoiling the story is a million times worse than spoiling multiplayer stuff.
>
> By the way, you don’t have to announce that your going dark. If you want to go dark, fine, just keep it to yourself. However, if you just announce it to the world, you could attract trolls who find it humorous to spoil things for people going dark.

They won’t spoil anything for me because I won’t be on the forum for the last month.

You know, I could spoil the fate of Cortana and who one of the enemies is right now. But I won’t.

Snape kills Dumbledore.

No one cares.

> > I won’t go completely dark, I’ll just stick with multiplayer info until the game comes out. I won’t be bummed out if they spoil a surprise map/gametype as much as I would be if I had the ending of the campaign or a major chunk of the Spartan Ops story spoiled for me. Spoiling the story is a million times worse than spoiling multiplayer stuff.
> >
> > By the way, you don’t have to announce that your going dark. If you want to go dark, fine, just keep it to yourself. However, if you just announce it to the world, you could attract trolls who find it humorous to spoil things for people going dark.
>
> They won’t spoil anything for me because I won’t be on the forum for the last month.

Just thought I’d warn you. It’d be foolish, not wise, to announce your going dark on a place that has access to such people. For future reference, it’d be better for you to keep the going dark thing to yourself.

> Snape kills Dumbledore.

WHAT!

> > Snape kills Dumbledore.
>
> WHAT!

Darth Vader is Luke’s father.

Jesus dies.

OT: I will be going dark as well.

> Jesus dies.
>
>
> OT: I will be going dark as well.

With a new rumor going around that 343i is going to release information on everything this October, I might also consider going fully dark.

The Roman Empire fell.

I don’t know if I will go dark. I’ll just avoid as best I can story spoilers and hope that people won’t just put them in the title of the thread so I can’t avoid them.

It’s all a matter of opinion. If something came out tomorrow that ruined the campaign it wouldn’t matter to me. Not because I don’t care but because I still love playing the story. I’d still play the game regardless. I understand other people have a different point of view. But it wouldnt sway my mine

> Snape kills Dumbledore.

HERESY!

I’ve already learned more than I care to about the campaign, but it’s mostly little things that I see and go, “Aww… that’d have been fun to just stumble upon…”

That said, if you haven’t already, DO NOT read the achievement list. I am really regretting that.

I will, however, eat up every bit of Forward Unto Dawn prequels (and the series when it arrives) and anything pertaining to multiplayer/customization/gameplay features.

Edit: This is my 117th post here. Heh.

> It’s all a matter of opinion. If something came out tomorrow that ruined the campaign it wouldn’t matter to me. Not because I don’t care but because I still love playing the story. I’d still play the game regardless. I understand other people have a different point of view. But it wouldnt sway my mine

I don’t care so much about spoils as to I won’t respect the game as much, I’ll still play the hell out of the game reguardless, I just want the mysterious feeling of not knowing what will happen, like anything and everything could happen because I don’t know about it yet. That’s why I diddn’t get as much enjoyment playing Halo CEA as someone who played it when it first came out because I already knew about the Flood and the whole campaign. I already knew about Reach and Halo 3 because I knew what would happen, so I diddn’t get as much enjoyment out of it as I would if I knew nothing about the campaigns prior to playing them.

> Snape kills Dumbledore.

PRICELESS… :=)

> I’ve already learned more than I care to about the campaign, but it’s mostly little things that I see and go, “Aww… that’d have been fun to just stumble upon…”
>
> That said, if you haven’t already, DO NOT read the achievement list. I am really regretting that.

Why? I read the cheevo list and found nothing that spoiled the campaign, unless you find the number of missions to be a spoiler or the midnight jump cheevo.

EDIT: 100th post! >:D