Going back to MCC...

Since the beta ended how has everyone readjust to older halo games? To me they feel super slow and stagnant, there are so many weapons on the map but I only see BRs with the occasional rocket or sniper in play.

what do you guys think were you spoiled with the beta or are you glad to be back to playing retro halo?

It feels great, the beta was below the quality I expected. Honestly it just felt like a boring demo to me.

I just played a team slayer on guardian and woww. First of all hands down my favorite map but I was beyond bored. Now I’m not saying that because how godle the beta was but it really did not help that it was AR start. There’s a gun at every corner, but they all suck. The minute I got my hands on the BR I went on a spree that was ended my a shotgun. Spawned and went to my body for my BR and went on another spree. With a battle rifle and grenades nothing but a powerweapons or badluck can really harm you. It did feel slow not the map traversal but just slow

The most confusing thing was the crosshairs. In H5 they are in the middle of the screen but in older Halos they are below the middle. It took me a while to adjust.

All I can say is I have a loooong time to readjust to how slow the older Halo games feel in comparison.

I love the deliberate, methodical movement. Strafing became a mechanic again, and BR battles turned into skill instead of who shoot who first.

idk what you guys are talking about slow.

Just played H2 on warlock and H3 on heretic. 100x faster than anything I played in the H5 beta.

I went back to MCC halfway through the beta because H5 is so generic.

Every game in the MCC (not counting Halo 4) has;

• A better pace than Halo 5 (as there is no sprint to make movement irregular)- Better player agency with movement (because multiple actions aren’t tied to a single button - like ground pound, slide and crouch, and how melee can become shoulder barge depending on whether you’re sprinting or not)- Been designed to support gunplay as opposed to hinder it (such as how sprint and thruster pack allows players to evade medium/long range combat by ducking back behind cover far too easily)- Better visual clarity (the bloom and lighting intensities in Halo 5 makes it harder than necessary to identify the blue team in blue-coloured maps)- Better flow thanks to the lack of several “modern”/“realistic”/“immersive”/“insert buzzword here” movement abilities as the maps have been designed to allow for unobtrusive, consistent and predictable map movement (without having to design maps to accommodate for sprint, maps have no proportional bloat which is heavily obvious in Halo 4’s Adrift, which is just Wizard with long hallways and Halo 5’s Truth, which is just Bigship)- Which is all supported by the relatively slower killtimes (note: not slower gameplay) that strengthens all of the elements from the original trilogy.Halo 5’s Beta was a hot mess and I have no interest in the official release whatsoever.

The Beta improved my aiming in Halo 2/2a/3/4. With the faster movement in Halo 5 and lower aim assist playing MCC is actually “easy”. I wasn’t a bad shot before the Beta but I definitely wasn’t the best. Now though, I’ve been doing amazing in the MCC.

> 2771858342100481;6:
> I love the deliberate, methodical movement. Strafing became a mechanic again, and BR battles turned into skill instead of who shoot who first.

I never understood why people believe that the winner of a battle in halo 5 is based only on who shot first I’ve got plenty of reversal kills based on taking my time out maneuvering my oponent or switching weapons to the fit the setting wether it’s close range or long range.

The classics specifically Halo 2 for me are still LEAGUES above halo 5 MP. Some people just seem to have gotten bit by the hyope bug because Halo 5 surely isn’t better than the classics which are widely considered some of the best games ever.

> 2533274792708587;11:
> > 2771858342100481;6:
> > I love the deliberate, methodical movement. Strafing became a mechanic again, and BR battles turned into skill instead of who shoot who first.
>
>
> I never understood why people believe that the winner of a battle in halo 5 is based only on who shot first I’ve got plenty of reversal kills based on taking my time out maneuvering my oponent or switching weapons to the fit the setting wether it’s close range or long range.

Yeah Sure reversals “happened” but not that much. Your enemy has to majorly screw up. In the classics it wasn’t who shoots first wins nessecarily like Halo 5 is.

> 2535416100417097;7:
> idk what you guys are talking about slow.
>
> Just played H2 on warlock and H3 on heretic. 100x faster than anything I played in the H5 beta.

No disrespect or anything, but were you crouching the entire time in the beta?

> 2533274792708587;1:
> Since the beta ended how has everyone readjust to older halo games? To me they feel super slow and stagnant, there are so many weapons on the map but I only see BRs with the occasional rocket or sniper in play.
>
> what do you guys think were you spoiled with the beta or are you glad to be back to playing retro halo?

That sounds like Halo to me, maybe your playing the wrong game.

> 2533274792708587;11:
> > 2771858342100481;6:
> > I love the deliberate, methodical movement. Strafing became a mechanic again, and BR battles turned into skill instead of who shoot who first.
>
>
> I never understood why people believe that the winner of a battle in halo 5 is based only on who shot first I’ve got plenty of reversal kills based on taking my time out maneuvering my oponent or switching weapons to the fit the setting wether it’s close range or long range.

Same here lol seriously i get tons of reversals and im not that good of a player.

> 2533274978414969;14:
> > 2535416100417097;7:
> > idk what you guys are talking about slow.
> >
> > Just played H2 on warlock and H3 on heretic. 100x faster than anything I played in the H5 beta.
>
>
> No disrespect or anything, but were you crouching the entire time in the beta?

Right? going back to MCC’s the movement feels so slow. I mean halo 5 could use a slight increase of strafe speed and maybe jump height

The only thing I really missed from H5 playing the old games is Thruster Packs. I find myself going to thruster all the time.

The only thing I really missed from H5 playing the old games is Thruster Packs and a scope on all weapons. I find myself going to thruster all the time and I miss having a reticule when I zoom with non-zoom weapons.

> 2533274881015020;9:
> Every game in the MCC (not counting Halo 4) has;
> - A better pace than Halo 5 (as there is no sprint to make movement irregular)
> - Better player agency with movement (because multiple actions aren’t tied to a single button - like ground pound, slide and crouch, and how melee can become shoulder barge depending on whether you’re sprinting or not)
> - Been designed to support gunplay as opposed to hinder it (such as how sprint and thruster pack allows players to evade medium/long range combat by ducking back behind cover far too easily)
> - Better visual clarity (the bloom and lighting intensities in Halo 5 makes it harder than necessary to identity the blue team in blue-coloured maps)
> - Better flow thanks to the lack of several “modern”/“realistic”/“immersive”/“insert buzzword here” movement abilities as the maps have been designed to allow for unobtrusive, consistent and predictable map movement (without having to design maps to accommodate for sprint, maps have no proportional bloat which is heavily obvious in Halo 4’s Adrift, which is just Wizard with long hallways and Halo 5’s Truth, which is just Bigship)
> - Which is all supported by the relatively slower killtimes (note: not slower gameplay) that strengthens all of the elements from the original trilogy.
> Halo 5’s Beta was a hot mess and I have no interest in the official release whatsoever.

I understand the fact that you don’t want random elements that settle out on the basis of luck (ordinance, RNG ARs, ect) but do you really need it to be predictable?? I mean, I play fighting games to win, and if the game played predictable by design, regardless of player I’m facing, I would throw it out. If getting into my opponent’s head and predicting HIS actions becomes pointless because I can just predict the flow of the game itself, I would have zero feeling of accomplishment.

I’m sorry, but that statement made little sense to me.

I went back to TMCC after the first 2 weeks and still loving it. The beta was so boring.