Glowing Rainbow Graphics Artifacts

I have rainbow colored graphics artifacts flashing at the bottom of the screen, and its especially bad during the weapon drills.

I encounter this too, all the time. I’m going to file a ticket once I’m sure it’s not solvable by enabling/disabling certain settings. By chance, are you running an AMD gpu?

This is usually an issue of the game having issues dumping memory and the cache is not dumping properly. This has been an issue for AMD GPUs especially as 343 had to make a custom driver to make this work. Check out the FAQ if you haven’t already for the install.

> 2533274858015047;3:
> This is usually an issue of the game having issues dumping memory and the cache is not dumping properly. This has been an issue for AMD GPUs especially as 343 had to make a custom driver to make this work. Check out the FAQ if you haven’t already for the install.

This is very interesting. I was actually originally on 21.7.2, but in-game it mentioned 21.6.1, so after having some issues I rolled back to that. Are you sure 343 made a custom driver for this? That’s what the language seemed to imply, but the link only took me to the page for 21.7.2, which is available normally through the radeon software, and doesn’t seem unique to the technical preview. Maybe I’m missing something?

And given the info that it’s related to memory and cache problems, on the off chance, I gave the shader cache a reset to no effect. Going back to 21.7.2 today though seems to have made the firing range perform much better FPS-wise, but no fix on the flashing artifacts

> 2533274864166586;4:
> > 2533274858015047;3:
> > This is usually an issue of the game having issues dumping memory and the cache is not dumping properly. This has been an issue for AMD GPUs especially as 343 had to make a custom driver to make this work. Check out the FAQ if you haven’t already for the install.
>
> This is very interesting. I was actually originally on 21.7.2, but in-game it mentioned 21.6.1, so after having some issues I rolled back to that. Are you sure 343 made a custom driver for this? That’s what the language seemed to imply, but the link only took me to the page for 21.7.2, which is available normally through the radeon software, and doesn’t seem unique to the technical preview. Maybe I’m missing something?
>
> And given the info that it’s related to memory and cache problems, on the off chance, I gave the shader cache a reset to no effect. Going back to 21.7.2 today though seems to have made the firing range perform much better FPS-wise, but no fix on the flashing artifacts

They didn’t make a custom driver no, that is not a thing. However they are recommending that folks move to the latest driver from AMD, there may be some issues present in previous ones they may be aware of that AMD has since fixed that could be particularly affecting toward this game (same reason you normally see “Game Ready drivers” and “Support for” specific games under certain driver versions) It’s not that they are making a custom driver it’s just that driver versions tend to iterate with fixes and support more games and fix specific issues. They are likely wanting as many folks possible on latest so they can rule at more issues that could be caused by older driver versions and not the game itself and focus on the real issues more.

> 2535471633594068;5:
> > 2533274864166586;4:
> > > 2533274858015047;3:
> > > This is usually an issue of the game having issues dumping memory and the cache is not dumping properly. This has been an issue for AMD GPUs especially as 343 had to make a custom driver to make this work. Check out the FAQ if you haven’t already for the install.
> >
> > This is very interesting. I was actually originally on 21.7.2, but in-game it mentioned 21.6.1, so after having some issues I rolled back to that. Are you sure 343 made a custom driver for this? That’s what the language seemed to imply, but the link only took me to the page for 21.7.2, which is available normally through the radeon software, and doesn’t seem unique to the technical preview. Maybe I’m missing something?
> >
> > And given the info that it’s related to memory and cache problems, on the off chance, I gave the shader cache a reset to no effect. Going back to 21.7.2 today though seems to have made the firing range perform much better FPS-wise, but no fix on the flashing artifacts
>
> They didn’t make a custom driver no, that is not a thing. However they are recommending that folks move to the latest driver from AMD, there may be some issues present in previous ones they may be aware of that AMD has since fixed that could be particularly affecting toward this game (same reason you normally see “Game Ready drivers” and “Support for” specific games under certain driver versions) It’s not that they are making a custom driver it’s just that driver versions tend to iterate with fixes and support more games and fix specific issues. They are likely wanting as many folks possible on latest so they can rule at more issues that could be caused by older driver versions and not the game itself and focus on the real issues more.

Gotcha—thanks! I’ll continue on with 21.7.2 then!

If you are encountering issues during the flight, please refer to the known issues list on https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider and submit tickets for issues not present.

For general feedback that is not a bug or issue, feel free to use the pinned feedback threads at the top of the Halo Infinite forums
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics