Global Championships registration is broken

After trying to register it tells me there was a problem and that neither my age or location qualify. I’m 39yrs and living in AZ, I’m pretty sure that qualifies. Search didn’t pull up any other results for this on the forums, is this happening to others as well?

AZ, CT(where I live), MD, TN, Quebec are not eligible to play for some reason. Would love to get an explanation of why but here is the rules and regulations quote that specifies our states.

“ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the following restrictions, the Tournament is open to everyone (<mark>excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN,</mark> QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW) who have reached the age of 18 or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside before the start of the Tournament. The Sweepstakes is open to everyone (excluding Quebec and where prohibited by law) who has reached the age of 18 before the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor, -Yoink!- Gaming and their advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary entities and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, child) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to participate in the Tournament or Sweepstakes. -Yoink!- Gaming-sponsored players are eligible to participate in the Tournament and Sweepstakes and do not receive any special privileges as they relate to the Tournament and Sweepstakes. Individuals participating in the Online Tournament Qualifying Period (defined below) must have an Xbox Gold Membership to participate but are not required to have this subscription to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity, date of birth and/or eligibility to participate in the Tournament and Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof if requested shall result in disqualification. The Tournament and Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and are void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.”

That is definitely weird. I live in NB, and I got in fine, according to those rules. Maybe it’s not accessible from there, or is in fact prohibited!

Now I want to know, why the hell it is prohibited here in AZ. I have been able to enter any and all other tournaments without issue, including the Infinity Challenge. So what is different about this one?

I also would also like to know why ‘residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW’ are excluded.

Alright I already read the rules; but this is the FIRST tournament that I have ever had issues with; any other time I entered a tournament AZ was allowed. This is the first time I have ever seen AZ excluded form something.

> Alright I already read the rules; but this is the FIRST tournament that I have ever had issues with; any other time I entered a tournament AZ was allowed. This is the first time I have ever seen AZ excluded form something.

Actually…

the Tournament is open to everyone (excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN, VT, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW) who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (19 in AL, 18 in all other U.S. states)

This was the same for the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge.

I’m really puzzled as to why these are excluded.

Actually…

the Tournament is open to everyone (excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN, VT, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW) who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (19 in AL, 18 in all other U.S. states)

This was the same for the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge.
quote]

Then how did I register for the Infinity Challenge when I stated I lived in AZ?

Maybe recent laws passed in the state? Or maybe it’s now considered a form of gambling…

I would like to know why as well.

I registered also, don’t get me wrong there. What I think is that we are excluded from winning any of the prizes. It seems to be the only thing that’s excluded.

> Maybe recent laws passed in the state? Or maybe it’s now considered a form of gambling…
>
> I would like to know why as well.

It has to be, but I still want to know exactly why. I don’t see how it’s a form of gambling when there’s still gambling in some of those states(mine included) also, so I can’t be for that reason.

It has something to do with the state laws. What I do not know but they aren’t excluding people because they want to.

> It has something to do with the state laws. What I do not know but they aren’t excluding people because they want to.

Both statements above are correct. Our goal was to include as many regions and states as possible (hence, the global aspect of the tournament), however laws in the excluded areas make that not possible. :confused:

Thank you, ASCarlisle5. I didn’t notice that part when glossing over the rules.

> Now I want to know, why the hell it is prohibited here in AZ. I have been able to enter any and all other tournaments without issue, including the Infinity Challenge. So what is different about this one?

Your replies just reminded me that Arizona has some anti-gambling laws that prohibit residents from participation in tournaments that award cash prizes.

Found this witha simple search: http://www.gm.state.az.us/misc-pdf/TopGamingViolations.pdf

Check out #4 under Top Gambling Violations

> Thank you, ASCarlisle5. I didn’t notice that part when glossing over the rules.
>
>
>
>
> > Now I want to know, why the hell it is prohibited here in AZ. I have been able to enter any and all other tournaments without issue, including the Infinity Challenge. So what is different about this one?
>
> Your replies just reminded me that Arizona has some anti-gambling laws that prohibit residents from participation in tournaments that award cash prizes.
>
> Found this witha simple search: http://www.gm.state.az.us/misc-pdf/TopGamingViolations.pdf
>
> Check out #4 under Top Gambling Violations

I am also an Arizona resident and this is driving me crazy.

I have been reading the actual bill and this is what I found.
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/03301.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

From what I could tell, this tournament should fall under “Amusement Gambling” and if you look on the next page, under 13-3302, it states: [ A. The following conduct is not unlawful under this chapter:

1. Amusement gambling.](http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/03302.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS)

So from what I can see, this tournament should be ok in the eyes of the Arizona courts.

I plan to head down to my local gaming office to get to the bottom of this. I will report back here with what I find.

> I registered also, don’t get me wrong there. What I think is that we are excluded from winning any of the prizes. It seems to be the only thing that’s excluded.

This is what I was wondering to, does this mean that we are excluded from the whole tournament or just the prizes?

At this point, I really don’t care about the prizing, I just would like to have a chance to play.

Semi relative. I have a female code for the “sKills” Avatar shirt from registering for the event:
6PHJV-2TXPT-GRVPG-GC66P-F9X4Z

I didn’t see the need to make my own thread, so I dropped it here.