Global Championship and quiting.

Are quits, which are supposed to count as 0 points, going to count against players score? So far if you quit, it doesn’t count against your score at all, which is how people are getting such a high amount of wins with a score of 8. It’s incredibly easy to abuse and I wasn’t because I thought it would count as a 0 towards your average. As in you play 19 games and win them all, then quit out of the 20th because you’re going to lose, your average should be 7.6 not 8. I don’t expect to be high on the leaderboard, just like playing FFA, it just bothers me a little that the top players could play 200 games, quit half of them, the ones they thought they might lose, and still make top 4. Just seems like an extremely flawed system, especially for a tournament that has such a high pot. Anyway, good luck and have fun with it everyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t know that worked. They need to fix that right away, seems like a big issue.

You get 3 free quits per week, so you need to use them strategically. The 4th and subsequent quits count as 0’s in your average.

> You get 3 free quits per week, so you need to use them strategically. The 4th and subsequent quits count as 0’s in your average.

Where did you hear this?

> You get 3 free quits per week, so you need to use them strategically. The 4th and subsequent quits count as 0’s in your average.

> Where did you hear this?

Source

Thanks Sepheus I wasn’t aware of that.

Also:

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/07/03/The-Halo-Bulletin-7313.aspx

> To ensure that unexpected network hiccups do not affect the outcome of the tournament, each player will have three quits that are excused from the leaderboard each week. We realize that players will be using their quits strategically, so we’ve publicized the fact that each player can use them to their advantage during each week of the tournament.