Glitch? Mod?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23967161&player=B5D%20Hanter

Me and a friend started to play some games and were on a severe winning streak when this happend.

I want to know what the deal is. Did that glitch or was someone in the game a modder?

Did he just score his own flag?

> Did he just score his own flag?

Here is your answer.

You can’t tell if it’s a glitch or a mod? Seriously? Look at it. The dude happened to walk by it and it said to pick up the flag. He picks it up, it insta-captures and he tries to do it again but cant. It’s obvious it’s just a glitch. It can happen typically when the game black screens before any people spawn.

[Look at this video, depicting another glitch in the same manner.](http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=14951754&player=Co2 OUTBR3AK) Basically, I’m red team and their blue flag is in the middle (the one we take). It blackscreens and when we come back, the flag had turned red (indicating it’s OUR flag that they steal). They already had our flag, so now there were 2. They capped both in a matter of 1 second from each other…

There is a period after a black screen where you can pick up your own flag. It often doesn’t last very long though. He probably caught it during that period.

> You can’t tell if it’s a glitch or a mod? Seriously? Look at it. The dude happened to walk by it and it said to pick up the flag. He picks it up, it insta-captures and he tries to do it again but cant. It’s obvious it’s just a glitch. It can happen typically when the game black screens before any people spawn.
>
> Look at this video, depicting another glitch in the same manner. Basically, I’m red team and their blue flag is in the middle (the one we take). It blackscreens and when we come back, the flag had turned red (indicating it’s OUR flag that they steal). They already had our flag, so now there were 2. They capped both in a matter of 1 second from each other…

Lag caused by people leaving and the host to change too many times for the system to catch up. Mine is not that.

> There is a period after a black screen where you can pick up your own flag. It often doesn’t last very long though. He probably caught it during that period.

Thing of it is … The game just started.

We voted.
The game was selected.
We started the game.
announcer: flag dropped
announcer: capture the flag
10 seconds later
announcer: flag captured

There was no host change. No game change. No reset. No nothing.

Player as seen in my second post as he took an image of it has the ability to pick up our own flag and score it on the spot. Its not possible to do that to your own flag. Not even in the settings.

> > You can’t tell if it’s a glitch or a mod? Seriously? Look at it. The dude happened to walk by it and it said to pick up the flag. He picks it up, it insta-captures and he tries to do it again but cant. It’s obvious it’s just a glitch. It can happen typically when the game black screens before any people spawn.
> >
> > Look at this video, depicting another glitch in the same manner. Basically, I’m red team and their blue flag is in the middle (the one we take). It blackscreens and when we come back, the flag had turned red (indicating it’s OUR flag that they steal). They already had our flag, so now there were 2. They capped both in a matter of 1 second from each other…
>
> Lag caused by people leaving and the host to change too many times for the system to catch up. Mine is not that.
>
>
>
> > There is a period after a black screen where you can pick up your own flag. It often doesn’t last very long though. He probably caught it during that period.
>
> Thing of it is … The game just started.
>
> We voted.
> The game was selected.
> We started the game.
> announcer: flag dropped
> announcer: capture the flag
> 10 seconds later
> announcer: flag captured
>
> There was no host change. No game change. No reset. No nothing.
>
> Player as seen in my second post as he took an image of it has the ability to pick up our own flag and score it on the spot. Its not possible to do that to your own flag. Not even in the settings.

Doesn’t change anything. It was still just a glitch, I suspect it was because of the black screen before the game started. You can hear the “Flag Dropped” before the black screen even ends, that doesn’t happen in normal games. Your game was exactly what it seems like, laggy.