Giving Marines weapons

So my company leader and I were talking about giving marines weapons. Just imagine giving a marine a Blaze of Glory, Answer, hell even Nornfang. What are your thoughts on this?

Giving Marines some REQs would incorporate some tactical advantages as you would bolster the defences of your bases considerably.

I think it would be cool. Then when and if you kill them free req weapon

They can drive warthogs for you.

I think that’d be cool, except they are one shot head shots, so it’d be risky. A Gavel, prime, or bane would really be the only good ones (damage resistance and spartan look)

That would be cool, but honestly, if you really wanna defend a base with a req wouldn’t you rather do it yourself? I trust myself to get more kills than that marine. Seems like a waste of a req/req energy to me.

Sounds questionable to me. I mean can you imagine walking in a base only to be one shot by a marine with a Heartseaker?

I’d much rather have a level 7 REQ weapon in the hands of a player than those cannon fodder marines…

> 2535425922387534;5:
> That would be cool, but honestly, if you really wanna defend a base with a req wouldn’t you rather do it yourself? I trust myself to get more kills than that marine. Seems like a waste of a req/req energy to me.

But say you were low on ammo, a marine has unlimited ammo. Plus an enemy wouldn’t get much ammo if the marine was killed.

The AI marines are pretty useless…

> 2533274811336073;8:
> > 2535425922387534;5:
> > That would be cool, but honestly, if you really wanna defend a base with a req wouldn’t you rather do it yourself? I trust myself to get more kills than that marine. Seems like a waste of a req/req energy to me.
>
> But say you were low on ammo, a marine has unlimited ammo. Plus an enemy wouldn’t get much ammo if the marine was killed.

I’ve suggested it before, though my feeling have changed on it a bit. I think it could be a nice feature to implement if they removed the unlimited ammo aspect. However, imaging 4 marines carrying rockets/answers with perfect aim and the ability to see through camo. It would be a chore to even stand a chance at taking that base. I’m not sure having being taken out with a single headshot would balance that.

The marines would still find a way to f**k up even with power weapons like the Nornfang.

This definitely would add an interesting element to the game, especially for base intruders. It’d be handy for defending those small armories while your entire team pushes to take over the central bases or going for that triple cap. Yes the Marines have an uncanny sense for invaders and will start shooting at you even while camo’d, but they’re not too hard to take out. You’re only real danger is trying to capture and fend off the 2+ human players coming for ya.

> 2533274811336073;1:
> So my company leader and I were talking about giving marines weapons. Just imagine giving a marine a Blaze of Glory, Answer, hell even Nornfang. What are your thoughs on this?

AI isn’t great, but maybe if it was like the campaign marines (whom are better) then it would be worth it. cool idea!

If everyone gave each marine in a base a sniper, it would be extremely hard to capture due to the marine’s ambit and unlimited ammo. But I think it could be a good idea for a team to give one marine at a time, maybe with extra health or shields, a weapon of your choice. That way when none of the players are defending a garage or armory, it will not be too easy nor too hard to capture. That specific marine will only have a limited amount of ammo, and will switch to an AR when the weapon runs out. When that marine dies, anyone on your team can give another marine a power weapon.

How about when you capture a base, you have the option to upgrade the defenses of that base after a certain time holding it, such as marine health and weapons, turrets, and destructible shields blocking the openings. The upgrades would cost REQ energy, possibly more energy than a single player could hold at a time, like 20-25 points, so there would be a cost throughout the team in order to up your defenses. Some might say it’d beat an expensive REQ weapon any day.
Another idea would be to implement a boss of sorts with a large amount of health, maybe the final upgrade, and give it a memorable title, like Sgt. Johnson. Then if the boss killed you, the kill feed would say “Sgt. Johnson whipped your @$$.” :stuck_out_tongue: