Give us maps like High Ground

I thought about it recently and I think that High Ground should have been remade. It has plenty of cover, long paths that suit sprint, but the map plays small. Ragnarok’s main problem is that players get pounded by long distance weapons.

Halo 4 needs smaller maps which is what the Majestic Map pack serves to do. If 343i planned to remake another, it should be high ground.

They should also use High Ground’s design and strengths as the backbone for other maps. Plenty of cover, caves, small buildings, suited for small vehicles, and would work well with armor abilities.

Jetpacking on this map would be no different from using a gravity life, sprint would decrease the walk time from the beach to the base. Also the ghost can get easy splatters because of hills. I’m sure the map would work with ordinance as well. The ordinance weps should only be weapons that were natural to the original map and CQC weapons like the shotgun, scattershot, sword, etc.

High Ground was a poor map and would only be a worse map remade.

> High Ground was a poor map and would only be a worse map remade.

I don’t see how it was a poor map.

Not a bad map but I would rather of had something like Construct.

Shoots High Ground with Carbine

Screw High Ground, give us Gemini!

> Not a bad map but I would rather of had something like Construct.

I didn’t really like Construct, it played pretty big and the central lift room was where all the camping was done. Same on Countdown. I think there’s another “C” map that plays similarly that I can’t recall at the moment.

halo 3 maps wont work well with halo 4 due to excessive usage of dmr and BS.

valha… ragnarok as an example.

> Shoots High Ground with Carbine
>
> Screw High Ground, give us Gemini!

Screw Gemini, give us Chiron!

> halo 3 maps wont work well with halo 4 due to excessive usage of dmr and BS.
>
>
> valha… ragnarok as an example.

Not to mention that sprint will only break the maps further. Can you imagine Guardian with sprint?

@The Blibinator - Hell yeah!

High Ground is a very good example of a well-made asymmetrical map.

Take notes 343i.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.