Give us a map editor.

I do not want forge back. It’s good but we need a real map editor. This will eliminate the boring and dull white maps we have now in forge.

Far Cry 3 did it right make the map editor similar to Far Cry’s. Please 343 give us a real map editor. It would be amazing. Think of all of the amazing fun maps people can make.

> I do not want forge back. It’s good but we need a real map editor. This will eliminate the boring and dull white maps we have now in forge.
>
> Far Cry 3 did it right make the map editor similar to Far Cry’s. Please 343 give us a real map editor. It would be amazing. Think of all of the amazing fun maps people can make.

Problem is 343i want to make a map editor that’s accessible to the general population (simple, fun), not to mention easy to use, which is no easy feat on a controller.

> > I do not want forge back. It’s good but we need a real map editor. This will eliminate the boring and dull white maps we have now in forge.
> >
> > Far Cry 3 did it right make the map editor similar to Far Cry’s. Please 343 give us a real map editor. It would be amazing. Think of all of the amazing fun maps people can make.
>
> Problem is 343i want to make a map editor that’s accessible to the general population (simple, fun), not to mention easy to use, which is no easy feat on a controller.

Maybe then they could have both. Because I’m sure many people want a map editor similar to Far Cry 3’s.

I want Halo 5 to have a map editor that is easier to use and just plain better than Far Cry 3’s. That would make Halo 5 an instant purchase.

I think a downloadable map editor for the PC/Mac (as well as keeping forge for the xbox) would be the best bet.

Forge is great for its simplicity and ease of use, and I guaruntee many people would be frightened off by an actual map editor. They tend to be very complicated.

I mean, I doubt most people would want something like this to appear in place of forge.

A downloadable one for the PC would be the best bet overall, plus it wouldn’t neccessarily have to be limited to the controls or use of a console map editor, so those of us who’d use it would be able to do a lot more with it.

Yea if its upgraded from the Far Cry 3 and as long as we can place AI

There’s one problem with this idea though : if the game were to ship with a fully-fledged map editor, it would remove the possibility of DLC map packs. I don’t think Microsoft would ever allow themselves to lose possible DLC sales like that, unfortunately.

Halo 5 will likely not go as far as a full-blown map editor (it could potentially hurt DLC sales) but I would want Forge to be given a complete over-haul, not the slight downgrades that we got with Halo 4.

> There’s one problem with this idea though : if the game were to ship with a fully-fledged map editor, it would remove the possibility of DLC map packs. I don’t think Microsoft would ever allow themselves to lose possible DLC sales like that, unfortunately.

So do what Valve did and charge people (the cost of a map pack) if they want to see those maps in matchmaking.

Simple.

Don’t forget the magic word

DLC could come with different environments to add incentive to purchase it.

Map pack dlc - 4 maps, 2 armours, 1 new palette for map editor.

Something like that.

I’m down for a map editor.

> DLC could come with different environments to add incentive to purchase it.
>
> Map pack dlc - 4 maps, 2 armours, 1 new palette for map editor.
>
> Something like that.

This, but make it three maps or every map pack would cost a fortune.

Each DLC should add new textures to the game both for the terrain and the objects. So one DLC could add a Covenant pallet for objects and a cave pallet for textures, another could be a rock texture for objects and a snow/ice texture for terrain. Basically every DLC should expand the tools we can use within the map editor. That said, everyone should be able to playin all Forge maps, but you should only be able to create a map with exclusive textures if you buy the DLC.

Another incentive to buying DLC is that those maps would actually go to Matchmaking where most Forge maps won’t. You would also miss armor, skins and achievements. I think this could work.

They could do something similar to Bungie’s Grognok system, that looked really simple

If they were to bring in a complex map editor, in order to be intuitive, it would more than likely need to be on the PC/Mac. That said, the game could come with a code to download this software for free and allow porting of created maps onto your Xbox One hard drive. The problem with this is that very few people would take the time to make maps in this better, but more time-consuming and complicated way.

> If they were to bring in a complex map editor, in order to be intuitive, it would more than likely need to be on the PC/Mac. That said, the game could come with a code to download this software for free and allow porting of created maps onto your Xbox One hard drive. The problem with this is that very few people would take the time to make maps in this better, but more time-consuming and complicated way.

How about this, then. The normal Forge will be available (with a preset canvas map like Forge World) in the main game, but other canvasses could be created with the PC software and downloaded to your Xbox. Community creators can make great canvasses for more streamlined Forging that’s accessible to everyone.

But hell, if Far Cry 3 did it on the 360, Halo 5 can do it on the One. There should be a more complex terrain editor/cavass creator for the specific fans and one preset one as the more accessible version. I don’t see a problem in that.

EDIT: -Yoink!- autocorrect making my "hell"s into "he’ll"s.