Give the players the option to disable the AI companion

We already have the option to disable “Spartan Chatter” so we don’t have to hear the other players Spartan remark about things going on, which is a good option but this needs to be expanded upon to include our own AI companion. Give us the option to remove the AI completely so we only hear the announcer. This might sound like a minor gripe but I don’t need or want to hear the AI companion making remarks about things I can see with the power of my two functional human eyes. If I want to know if a power weapon is spawning, I just look towards it, it has a timer and an icon displaying that, that’s perfect, absolutely all I need (not that we needed it in previous Halo games). I don’t need to hear “SPNKR incoming” followed immediately by another voice line telling me it has spawned. Again. I can see that it has. A good compromise for this would be a slider setting with “AI Dialouge Frequency” ranging from “None” to “Frequent”. Give the players that control of our own gameplay/audio experience.

I get it, you want to add customisation options (though lets face it that still needs a lot of work before the community will be happier with it but that’s another issue entirely), but those customisations should be just that OPTIONS, as it stands the AI companion making remarks isn’t a customisation option. It’s forced.

Of the maybe twenty or so people I’ve spoken to about Halo Infinite’s AI companion 3/4 of them agreed that they would love the option to change the AI companions dialogue frequency or just the ability to outright disable them. Maybe we are a minority of people, but hey, it would be nice to have basically one of the only things I dislike about the game to be within my control to change.

2 Likes

Yeah the AI that are available by default are just annoying. Makes me miss the old halo announcer more than anything else tbh

2 Likes

Especially with the current AI, give me a Cortana or an Auntie Dot and then I’ll consider keeping it active.

2 Likes

Get ready to shell out $15 though LOL. Only in the daily shop on days with a full moon though!

1 Like

Though personally I enjoy the AI Companions (grinding for the Superintendent :+1: ), I can see where you are coming from, dialogue frequency settings would be ideal for quality of life.

1 Like

I think circ is hilarious, but I get the idea. There really is a lot of stuff happening in the soundscape at any moment and the AI don’t really help with that.

3 Likes

Even though I like the AI dialogue, I think 343 should make an option to disable it and an option to tweak the values. For example, someone might hate the casual dialogue but find the callouts (Weapon spawns, Drops, Vehicles, etc.) useful and keep them on. Just a food for thought.

3 Likes

I am all for all of the points you guys mentioned. Giving the players the option to tweak this experience is one I am all for. That’s why I want this post to gain more traction.

1 Like

I really need the AI’s to be an option because they are annoying and most of them have the most cringy lines nd voices. Furthermore, they replace Jeff. I need Jeff, not a bad alternative.

2 Likes

Would rather listen you Yabda from H5 then the AI. I miss Yabda lol

1 Like