Give the driver a chance when being hijacked

There are some vehicles in Halo that can protect themselves if you’re about to be hijacked such as the scorpion or wraith. But for the rest of vehicles its almost guaranteed that you’ll die if you’re hijacked.

In Halo 5 343 should make it so the driver of a vehicle can at least do something to protect him/her self.

A few examples are:

• A Banshee pilot can scrap off the hijacker by flying into objects. The hijacker can press A to jump to the other side of the Banshee dodging the objects the pilot is flying into.

• A Banshee pilot can try and shake off the hijacker by doing multiple flips. The hijacker can do a cool quicktime event like the ones in Halo 4 campaign to stay holding onto the Banshee.

Just an idea I came up with.

I think if someone is skilled or lucky enough to hijack a vehicle, then it should be guaranteed. But I do agree that running the hijackers into objects should knock them off.

That is a pretty decent idea, but for the banshee i really doubt 343i would do that because there already is enough banshee freaks who just don’t die and making it even more difficult to take out would just be unfair to the casual gamer.

No! You shouldn’t have been hijacked in the first place!

You can already stop yourself from being hijacked by maneuvering correctly.

Throwing a spanner in the works after that becomes unnecessary. It takes a decent amount of work to time a hijack properly; by comparison, it takes very little work
to avoid being hijacked. It doesn’t need to be made any easier for the driver.

On this occasion your idea doesn’t hold up, but I appreciate and acknowledge that you are thinking of new ideas, and I encourage that.

In Halo 2, you could exit your vehicle whilst being hijacked, which was much better for gameplay. Not only does it make sense, but it allows you far more freedom than the dreadful scripted “magically stuck in vehicle” hijackings introduced in Halo 3.

here is also a good tip if you get hijacked my a other player.
try to make a suicide kill with the Vehicle.
then you have a kill if you do it good.

i have done it many time’s when i got a chance to do it.

only for the ghost and Warthog has it never works for me.

In Halo 2/3, if you were in the Wraith, you could shot off your boarder. Ever since Reach, this is no longer viable. :confused:

The fact that Spartan-IVs need an armor mod like Survivor simply shows how dumbed down Spartans have become.

Don’t get me started on how horribly long it takes to get out of a vehicle, which began with Halo 3 Spartans.

Don’t get me started on how the vehicle comes to a complete halt if you try to exit while it’s moving, whereas in Halo 1/2, the momentum was preserved. In Halo 1, you could get ejected some distance if you let the Hog tailwhip you as you got out.

In Halo 1/2, I felt like a Spartan. Now I feel like this, needing Armor Abilities to get the best out of my character. At least in Halo 3, Equipment wasn’t integrated into the gameplay.

> In Halo 2, you could exit your vehicle whilst being hijacked, which was much better for gameplay. Not only does it make sense, but it allows you far more freedom than the dreadful scripted “magically stuck in vehicle” hijackings introduced in Halo 3.

Or we could just revert to this, at least for Campaign.

> No! You shouldn’t have been hijacked in the first place!

Try saying that to Reach Elites.

As a Spartan-III driving a tank, you were utterly defenseless against them when boarded. Their bashing speed were not changed from Halo 3 so you died in seconds. Which is why I’m glad Halo 4 removed their ability to board tanks.

That would be cool. i hate getting hijacked in ctf and getting teabagged

We already have those crazy ghost and banshee drivers that will try to bring you down with them by crashing.