Give me a good reason to use my Gauss Wathogs

Hello everyone
I currently own maybe 15 different Gauss Warthogs in my req collection, and a month or so ago I got the cert for gauss warthogs, giving me a normal gausshog almost every goldpack I open.
They are ultra rare and legendary and they look amazing as yoink, but I’m too scared to use them, for a couple of reasons
A.) I want to get kills with them, but that means I’ll need a driver or else I’m a sitting duck waiting for a noob with a fuel rod to kill me
B.) All it takes is one EMP to ruin your day with any vehicle
C.) THE RELOAD INTERVAL FOR SHOTS
D.) Level 6 req level-by then someone has a banshee or rocket launcher or tank to blow the crap out of it
But they are one hit kills and I want to boost my gauss kill commendation
And I have a substantial number of them
Any advice?

Biggest reason ever…

Mini mac cannon…

Your welcome… 🖒👌

Ya but… Kablooie

Reason: YOLO

Except with infinite respawns

> 2535469201684318;1:
> Hello everyone
> I currently own maybe 15 different Gauss Warthogs in my req collection, and a month or so ago I got the cert for gauss warthogs, giving me a normal gausshog almost every goldpack I open.
> They are ultra rare and legendary and they look amazing as yoink, but I’m too scared to use them, for a couple of reasons
> A.) I want to get kills with them, but that means I’ll need a driver or else I’m a sitting duck waiting for a noob with a fuel rod to kill me
> B.) All it takes is one EMP to ruin your day with any vehicle
> C.) THE RELOAD INTERVAL FOR SHOTS
> D.) Level 6 req level-by then someone has a banshee or rocket launcher or tank to blow the crap out of it
> But they are one hit kills and I want to boost my gauss kill commendation
> And I have a substantial number of them
> Any advice?

I honestly think level 6 is too high for any hog. I NEVER see Gauss or rocket hogs in warzone. I have TONS of those hogs too OP but never use them because when I can, there is something better to use… They are too easily destroyed. I think they should lower the level of those two hogs to 5.

Gauss 'hogs are one of the few REQs I think you can get away with using somewhat liberally. The trick is threefold, and it’s all about where you position the 'hog (assuming you have no driver).

  • Make sure you have line of sight to the action. - Make sure you are very far away from the action. - Make sure that you can get you (and ideally your entire 'hog) behind cover just by switching seats and driving forward – and conversely, return to your previous position just as easily by driving backward and getting back in the gun. This should be doable in under 1.5 seconds, or else expect someone, at some point, to take you or your 'hog down before you can get to that cover.
    This is how I’ve approached solo 'hogging. I won’t say that this has resulted in unanimous success – you can’t always get a sense of where such a position is, and in Warzone it’s always possible that there’s an enemy behind or around you that you were too busy to notice. But I will guarantee that if you don’t do all three of those things while you’re trying to use a gauss 'hog solo, you should consistently die faster and/or with fewer kills.

> 2535469201684318;1:
> Hello everyone
> I currently own maybe 15 different Gauss Warthogs in my req collection, and a month or so ago I got the cert for gauss warthogs, giving me a normal gausshog almost every goldpack I open.
> They are ultra rare and legendary and they look amazing as yoink, but I’m too scared to use them, for a couple of reasons
> A.) I want to get kills with them, but that means I’ll need a driver or else I’m a sitting duck waiting for a noob with a fuel rod to kill me
> B.) All it takes is one EMP to ruin your day with any vehicle
> C.) THE RELOAD INTERVAL FOR SHOTS
> D.) Level 6 req level-by then someone has a banshee or rocket launcher or tank to blow the crap out of it
> But they are one hit kills and I want to boost my gauss kill commendation
> And I have a substantial number of them
> Any advice?

Find a decent driver rather than blaming the mechanics? The gauss hog is an wave of destruction when used properly. There is nothing wrong with the shot interval and you can kill people trying to destroy your vehicle quickly. Another thing you can do is call in the gauss turrets. That was how I finished the commendation, because I tend to run solo.

As a firefight veteran and vidmaster achiever I would like to remind you of the beauty that is the Gausshog’s power. Three shots to the weak spot on a phaeton and it is down. Every round I see phaetons spawn in results in the mass lemming-like death of my entire squad. They cast themselves upon the incoming fire trying to overwhelm it, but to no avail. With a gauss hog, you can save so much time and effort.

Why use Gauss Warthogs, you ask?

So you can say “Hey guys, look at my Gauss Warthog!” right before you blow up. Do you really need any other reason?

If you want to complete the corresponding commendation, I suggest you haul around a Guass Turret + Speed Booster armor mod instead. Sure you only have 9 shots, but getting a kill with the Guass Turret alone will count towards the Guasshog commendation. You don’t always have to pull out your sweet ride and let some half-headed dimwit drive it off a cliff.

Play with teams. I always have a team with me when I play Warzone now, and all I have to do is ask, and somebody will usually volunteer to drive me as long as they don’t already have REQs of their own out. You could get a team of friends, or look on Halo LFG to find one.

Sometimes it won’t work out, and you’ll get a bad driver, you might find yourself choking key shots on the gun, or the enemy team just won’t be having it and will have all sorts of REQs out to try to bring you down. It happens, but don’t let it get you down when it does. If you have a substantial number of them as you say, it shouldn’t be a big deal. Other times it will pay off big and you will be able to go on a nice run, and it is a ton of fun for the driver and the gunner when it does work out. One of my recent Warzone matches I racked up 36 kills with the gauss turret. One of our hogs got taken out, and my driver told me he was going to spawn an ONI gauss himself to continue the fun. So yeah, when it works it’s worth it. I finished that game with 55 kills, but the potential is there for even more.

The Gauss hog with a good driver and a good gunner can potentially wreak more havoc than any other ground vehicle except for maybe an ONI Scorpion in my opinion. It really is amazing.

get a driver. they are fun to use and lots of people are willing to drive. especially if you spawn the reqs. but dont ever let a micless random drive you, will never end well

There are not a lot of people willing to drive. You’ll regret pulling one out and hoping someone drives you. Then that’s when you get desperate and try to make use of the hog by yourself. You end up getting killed, nearly, or escape but the Hog is in bad condition cuz you’re a sitting Duck.

I have tons of Gauss Warthogs, Corp and up. I don’t keep regular Warthogs. They are very threatening, but people like doing their own thing, even in teams sometimes. So I just hord them until I know someone is a fan of driving. It’s rare to find those people, but I only have 2 people I know that love driving Warthogs and hardly even say no to a Warthog. Lastly, if you’re going to pull one out, always put on Wheelman and you’ll be able to escape the plasma pistols.

Here’s a reason to use gauss hogs: Firefight, Apex 7, round 5, Prophet’s Wrath and the wraith boss. Just park yourself on the beach and fire away

> 2533274809541057;4:
> Reason: YOLO
>
> Except with infinite respawns

WDSDBWMAWUORSSI: we don’t stay dead but we might as well use our reqs so screw it.

> 2533274861074099;15:
> > 2533274809541057;4:
> > Reason: YOLO
> >
> > Except with infinite respawns
>
>
> WDSDBWMAWUORSSI: we don’t stay dead but we might as well use our reqs so screw it.

Yeah, basically.

> 2533274815533909;5:
> > 2535469201684318;1:
> > Hello everyone
> > I currently own maybe 15 different Gauss Warthogs in my req collection, and a month or so ago I got the cert for gauss warthogs, giving me a normal gausshog almost every goldpack I open.
> > They are ultra rare and legendary and they look amazing as yoink, but I’m too scared to use them, for a couple of reasons
> > A.) I want to get kills with them, but that means I’ll need a driver or else I’m a sitting duck waiting for a noob with a fuel rod to kill me
> > B.) All it takes is one EMP to ruin your day with any vehicle
> > C.) THE RELOAD INTERVAL FOR SHOTS
> > D.) Level 6 req level-by then someone has a banshee or rocket launcher or tank to blow the crap out of it
> > But they are one hit kills and I want to boost my gauss kill commendation
> > And I have a substantial number of them
> > Any advice?
>
>
> I honestly think level 6 is too high for any hog. I NEVER see Gauss or rocket hogs in warzone. I have TONS of those hogs too OP but never use them because when I can, there is something better to use… They are too easily destroyed. I think they should lower the level of those two hogs to 5.

I agree ppl would use them more if they were 5 req points, doesnt make sense to grab one at 6 with all the other options

Sell them

Gauss hog gunner commendation completion, if you can get a driver.

Um well I call gauss warthogs one shot wonders as in your only going to shoot one shot before you get gang raped by 20 banshees